How did you move past it?

So here's my issue with this logic then (and I appreciate the fact that I am opening myself up to a proper sh1tstorm here)...

If I believe my fundamental analysis is somehow flawed, I have no confidence in my analytical capabilities. If I have no confidence in my analytical capabilities, why do I then have confidence in my technical/short-term setups? Aren't these products of my own analysis also?

Before you mention information asymmetry, it's not that, as both types of analysis are based on publicly available data.

Yes, but they're based on different data which is also analysed in a different way. FA and TA are really quite different in this respect. If your FA is flawed, then that's all that needs to be brushed up - it may say little about your analytical capabilties for TA.

For example, I think my FA is better than my TA because I'm not highly meticulous and patient. That's partly why I program strategies more than I do the type of detailed TA done by bbmac

Currently I'm quite bearish in the short term towards the indices and a few currency pairs but I'm starting to notice that when looking for set-ups in other markets I'm missing a lot of long set ups because I'm constantly concentrating on the short side.

Just wondered you guys did to overcome personal views on the market to concentrate on pa when started out.

Don't know if it'll help, but here's what I do: I just figure that I suck at predicting markets, and I'm going to be wrong most of the time if I try to anticipate the direction, magnitude, or the intensity of a move. Since I don't have a crystal ball, I have a simple entry setup that I use, then after that just focus on the mechanics of the trade and the portfolio dynamics of my trades, I guess I focus more on the risk and correlation structure than anything else. As long as you have the trade planned out, win or lose, you'll be in good shape.

Happy trading

Currently I'm quite bearish in the short term towards the indices and a few currency pairs but I'm starting to notice that when looking for set-ups in other markets I'm missing a lot of long set ups because I'm constantly concentrating on the short side.

Just wondered you guys did to overcome personal views on the market to concentrate on pa when started out.

You can only overcome it through disciplined self-training, study and experience. There is no foolproof method of overcoming directional bias. I would strongly advise that you avoid analysts or trader’s views on TV, Radio or print on what the market will do on the day you plan to trade. Also, avoid any and all opinions in this forum about market direction regardless of who makes them. Avoid them at all costs or it will cost you!! You’ll be amazed at how you can subconsciously be affected by another opinion which can cause you to doubt your own when in fact you might be right! You must be prepared to make or lose money on your own judgment and have the courage to back it with money. One more important thing, you should not be 'looking' for set-ups. You must let the market choose the trades for you so to speak, let them jump-out at you. There is truth in the saying "If you have to look, it isn't there".