Votes: 45 9.9%
  • £20-50k

Votes: 48 10.6%
  • £0-20k

Votes: 94 20.7%
  • I lose money

Votes: 139 30.6%

• Total voters
I generally make 1.5% + per day on my account.
sometimes i make a loss.
sometimes i make more.
Often i will switch off after 1.5%

happy trading

1.5% makes you a pretty successful trader. I average somewhere in the 0.7%-1.0% range most days.

Is L Ron Hubbard a trader?

no. he had a much better idea and started his own religion, and now makes much more money than most of the worlds top traders as a result, without the risks (except the possible risk of going directly to hell without passing "Go" or collecting £200) :cheesy:

:p p.s anyone visiting New York let me make it clear dont go to their church... they wont let you out after doing a free personality test and will make you buy a very expensive book by old hubbard and encourage you to arrive everyday to go through it :-0
dont ask how i made it alive to tell the tale :p ohh yeah and home traders i thought in current market conditions many were not buying houses so not much i think :p 1 or 2 percent of a 500k how use to make them a nice little packet but now i would give up the plans for rightmove2.com :p

where is an ocean of monbey out there just waiting to be made. by someone at least.

yeah selling a book called ethics and integrity at £30 pounds a pop when the pound was $2 to a £ can make you a whole ocean of money ...... the irony :sneaky:

You can make 200K a year consistently trading futures from home.

However expect to take three of four years to learn how to do so and another two or three years before starting to see that kind on money appearing in your trading account on a yearly basis.

If you are a loner at home then expect lots of pain and lots of learning before you figure it out.
You also need to be properly capitalised.

Most people give up in the first year after losing most ot their accounts.

My advice is to trade but dont give up your day job and also to start of off betting small.

Nice reply,

Its a question that every trader asks themselves when they began.To those who didnt,I must ask why?

The best answer I can give is this.
Decide on a vehicle to trade,and stick to that vehicle.Not that its magical,you are wanting to learn consistency.Trading NQ and QM are not the same.Multiplier,margin,volatility etc... need to be consistent for building the skill you need.
However you have decided to extract profits from others needs to have some form of testing.This is critical.When you are confident you can achieve .4 math expectancy consistently ,the profits are a given.Risk $100 per trade,20 trades per week,you can expect to generate $800 a week - less commission.
The statement that 95% of traders lose money is true,but misleading.If you let someone else trade-invest-gamble-donate your money,contribute by dollar cost averaging,only profit in a rising market,listen to CNBC,Jim Cramer,Fox, and foremost never predefine your risk-loss-cost-donation.etc.. you will be part of the 95% by default.A winning trade takes no effort or skill to execute.taking a small stop should be very easy.Forgetting either makes it much harder than it needs to .

I think the reason people ask such questions is because they are uncertain whether it is possible. It is not the mindset of a winner. It is like asking if it is possible to climb to the top of Everest rather than asking how can I succeed. Or if it is possible to run my own business rather than asking about the best ways of running a successful business. They just won't have the mental fitness to push them through major problems that occur; they will give up at the first hurdle. Of course, addiction or desperation for money might keep them going.

I think the reason people ask such questions is because they are uncertain whether it is possible. It is not the mindset of a winner. It is like asking if it is possible to climb to the top of Everest rather than asking how can I succeed. Or if it is possible to run my own business rather than asking about the best ways of running a successful business. They just won't have the mental fitness to push them through major problems that occur; they will give up at the first hurdle. Of course, addiction or desperation for money might keep them going.

Agreed,
Possibility of trading for a living Yes.Potential for huge reward,and unlimited freedom,Yes.Hard to accomplish,No.Does everyone have the innate potential to trade as such.Yes if they are part of the human race,with a human nature.Basic human skills assumed.

Hello everybody!
This is my first post here. I did my research for almost 2 years, I did backtest my system, I did paper trade my system for 6 months now. So far it looks perfect, but I know the reality is littlebit different. And my plan? To make 20 USD per day. Consistantely. As soon as I acomplish this I know I can make living by trading. Just my humble opinion...

no. he had a much better idea and started his own religion, and now makes much more money than most of the worlds top traders as a result, without the risks (except the possible risk of going directly to hell without passing "Go" or collecting £200) :cheesy:

" NOTHING " that L Ron Hubbard ever came up with was a good idea - the man was one of THE biggest con men that ever walked this earth... !! and as for the millions of " deluded " followers of his stupid Scientology teachings / BRAINWASHING - i wish they would all see the light...
PURE EVIL........... !! :devilish::devilish:

How much can you make..?

30.26 % LOOSE MONEY............ !!:(

EVERYONE on this site should pull together and help these people - !!