Home Insurance

solorio

This is what my house is worth. This is what I have in it. It would seem simple enough, but there are specific things to consider. Maybe you should itemize your grandmother's diamond wedding ring. Or make sure that collectible Elvis painting in the garage is covered, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Land plus replacement cost of house and contents. How the insurance company structures this will vary from company to company. Other considerations may apply.

It's easy to think that bad things happen to other people and not ourselves, but the facts suggest that isn't a risk we can afford to take. In the UK, one in three of us will get burgled at some point in our lives yet about a quarter of households are not protected by any form of home insurance. With other unfortunate occurrences such as flood/storm damage, fire and more, threatening our homes and their contents, by not having insurance we are leaving ourselves open to serious financial loss.

Home insurance can now offer something for everyone with insurance for homeowners, tenants and landlords.

Far and away the biggest advantage of home insurance is that it will make sure that you have money to rebuild your home if it is destroyed. There are plenty of bad things that can happen to your house and you want to make sure that you are protected. In almost all cases your home is going to be your biggest asset and it is something that you likely worked very hard to buy. Unfortunately you can lose it in a matter of minutes if something bad happens. Having home insurance will ensure that you have the money to rebuild your home.

This is what this site needs.

Useful, informative and entertaining information. Hard facts and insightful analyses of a wide spectrum of macro global economic and commercial issues.

Insurance is waste of money - statistically proven.

I only hold building insurance.

If someone steals my 50" telly I see it as an opportunity to buy new one...

Risk / Reward scenario...

In my life time I have never lost a telly to theft. Why insure it when you can buy one for a grand...

Antique stuff is different...
Life assurance - money for dependants also different.

Who has ever had a burst bipe?

We might be dead tomorrow - I wouldn't worry about insurance...

Home insurance can now offer something for everyone with insurance for homeowners, tenants and landlords.

....... that sounds just like some insurance marketing leaflet I was reading the other day :LOL: Nah! - must be imagining it!

It is a multiple-line insurance, meaning that it includes both property and liability coverage, with an indivisible premium, meaning that a single premium is paid for all risks.

Home insurance has become the most essential element in securing your investment against risks caused by fire,floods, earthquake,etc. Risk management is the most important element of future planing.

Hello everyone,... I agree with all of your peoples comments on home insurance. Home insurance, also commonly called hazard insurance or homeowner's insurance (often abbreviated in the real estate industry as HOI), is the type of property insurance that covers private homes.

Home Insurance, im wondering what will covered to that.. If your house will burn on fire, they will replace it? lol

Home Insurance is benefited for all home owners.. It keep us safe and sound and secure for uncertain incidents and accidents...