HITLER Vs GANDHI

You are right and i am very much concern with your point of view. Love and non violence can win.

How I wish! After a long life, I have come to the conclusion that love and non violence are desirable but, if you look at the democracies, there are always some tough cookies around to defend democracy, otherwise it cannot survive. There is more to life than turning the other cheek and remember that India has a nuclear punch which I doubt that Gandhi would have permitted. That wins a certain amount of peace and respect.

Merry Christmas.

I don't get this "violence never solve anything" idea. Surely it depends upon how much violence you use :LOL:.

Money and power leading to money is always the bottom line. In the end we must each individually decide what part we want humanity to play in our own lives and live it to that end.

Totally agree............ There is no way Britain would have agreed to Independence without a fight...... They were exhausted plus banrupt > so gandhi took the credit

had it not been for the stupid policies of Ghandhi and Nehru, India would have been a more prosperous country

Complete and utter bull**** from a moron.... Go read history books and talk to freedom fighters in India.... very easy to point fingers at people in hindsight with freedom given free to you without a struggle.... no one was stupid .. if Gandhi was pointless then he would not have a following of people willing to die for non violence..

I don't believe that a pacific, non violent, policy does a country any good, in the long run. India must believe that, too, or it would not be a nuclear power.

So far, it seems as if she is a responsible member of the nuclear club, but we are getting more numerous.......Personally, I would rather have India on my side than not, because I think I know the people. The question is, which side is it in her interests to be on, given the geographical position?

So far, it seems as if she is a responsible member of the nuclear club, but we are getting more numerous.......Personally, I would rather have India on my side than not, because I think I know the people. The question is, which side is it in her interests to be on, given the geographical position?

India will always do the right thing.
Its just such a shame that Pakistan does not try to emulate India. It prefers to be a little thorn in India's backside

I can tell you one thing - India will never attack anyone unless there is extreme provocation. This is something which (nowadays) many Indians dislike of the Govt., but personally I believe its the right thing. Its easy to make war but more difficult to live (and let live!) in peace.

Historically, India has never started any conflicts. It only defends. It welcomes people of all origins and nationalities without suspecting their intentions - again, something which some nations have taken advantage of in the past!. The nukes are there now just to ensure the same thing never happens again. Nothing more, nothing less.

However, the Indian philosophy of "Atithi Devo Bhava" i.e "Guest is God" has not changed.

Some things never do!

Peace :)

India will always do the right thing.
Its just such a shame that Pakistan does not try to emulate India. It prefers to be a little thorn in India's backside

It always has been and always will be!
If and when they grow up and learn to love, they will prosper much more than India

JAI HO

However, the Indian philosophy of "Atithi Devo Bhava" i.e "Guest is God" has not changed. Some things never do!Peace :)

That is the reason India is in a "**** Hole" > the philosophy looks great on paper!
But not practical

That is the reason India is in a "**** Hole" > the philosophy looks great on paper!
But not practical

India is not in a **** hole far from it.

India does very well considering the insurmountable number of problems it has to face.

I think you're looking at it the wrong way. The point of the Buddhism peace is that it's wrong to be violent, nobody can say whether A or B has a right to live because nobody atually knows. So saying "If the Buddhists had fought back against the Muslims in Pakistan a few hundered years ago they would have won" is complete nonsense. The fact they didn't fight shows that they won, because they were right all along. Surely if they keep like this and people follow, there wouldn't be any need to fight in the first place?

Hmmmmm................, so you say that they won because they did not fight????
BULL****!
They are nearly wiped out! > Afghanistan and Pakistan, which was a Buddhist majority country, now do not even have a fraction of this religion left!

NON VIOLENCE appears good on paper!

India's interests will always to side with the west. India was ruled by the British for many years and the western influence is very much a part of that society, though not many see it on the surface.

The economic boom is just the beginning of these influences surfacing. No harm in it as the opportunities now available have allowed many to improve their lives. its just a shame that a country that was so rich in culture, religion and values has lost sight of its own identity.

As for India becoming a superpower? Not quite sure there . What is the exact definition of a superpower ? Any chances India had of attaining this goal were scuppered during and after independence in the hands of Gandhi and Nehru.

Any chances India had of attaining this goal were scuppered during and after independence in the hands of Gandhi and Nehru.

So I suppose India was given every opportunity to become a super power under British rule.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
After the war with China where India suffered humiliating defeat Indira Gandhi undertook a massive development of the armed forces and went nuclear, not because of pakistan, who it does not consider a threat, just a niggling little pain in the butt, but China.
India is a superpower in spite of its massive problems and Asia's second power.

So I suppose India was given every opportunity to become a super power under British rule.:LOL::LOL::LOL:
After the war with China where India suffered humiliating defeat Indira Gandhi undertook a massive development of the armed forces and went nuclear, not because of pakistan, who it does not consider a threat, just a niggling little pain in the butt, but China.
India is a superpower in spite of its massive problems and Asia's second power.

Sorry Gamma for not being clear. I was actually referring to the stage and mindset of the leaders at the time. To go into all the detail is another subject all together but the that era was mismanaged and an opportunity lost. Of course the British had a part to play in it as it was part of there agenda. There were other candidates who could have achieved more progress but were sidelined because they would not have played ball with the English.

Why do you think India is a superpower ? It may have the potential to be one, the level of corruption is so deep it is at the root of everything. It is a country that is destroying itself from within . The current leadership is not concerned with interior affairs as much as it is about controlling,allocating and profiting from foreign investment

Leadership is weak and the newcomers are mostly from family dynasties. Half of the states are run like personal bank accounts while progress is delayed due to lack of funds.

Historical facts are there and to be found but current views are my own.