Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

There is a VERY simple reason why its not working,the month changed on sunday and thats why you have old data from jan. Check your charts and you will see that the data you have so far is fro januar month. SO thats why its not working, on monday when market opens and data starts to flow, it will start working again.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Since this listing is long, would you mind to post the code for the auto setup in one package,

Aagain thanks

Hi All

Have just read through the last 203 pages and it has been the most informative.

I'm new to this, so I feel lucky to to have come across this thread so early in my trading journey.
Found the thread by accident as I was looking for reviews on a commercial method and have found out that I can do it myself.

Once again, thanks Bashir for all your time and knowledge and to all the other members have contributed.
You learn a lot by listening to what others have to say.

To anyone new who has come across the thread, I recommend reading it all.
It's the only way to really appreciate it all.

Well, now I'm off to digest it all and develop my trading method. Hopefully I can contribute something back down the track.
All the best to you all.

Cheers
Paul

PS: Bashir, out of interest I looked up your meaning of your name.
Not surprising, these were the results:

Bashir meaning: " Well-educated, wise "
Bashir meaning: " bearer of good news "

Learned good lesson today if you do any changes with scalper charts always restart SC after. Over all happy how it works.
Thanks Bashir

Learned good lesson today if you do any changes with scalper charts always restart SC after. Over all happy how it works.
Thanks Bashir

Hey vit, sorry if i was yelling at you...i just get annoyed when anyone loose money for no good reason. And i fell partly responsible for you losses, but its always a good idea to restart SC after any changes, and there was also a few others that had their transcat platform and with their autobrackets crossed,so each time SC made a trade , their platform automaticly put in stops and targets, that also screwed it for some.

Anyways, it was a profitable day, at the end i was up 10 points, but after commission it was only up 130 bucks. Not much money, but at least something.

Anyways, lets hope for a even better day tomorow.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Cant believe this is my first post on this thread... must be spending too much time on skype with bashir and the other musketeers :)

As i said bashir before, if your up on the markets at the end of the day...it 'is' a good day :)

Think we all just need to be much more robotic with the system...easier said than done though eh guys

dwaine

Cant believe this is my first post on this thread... must be spending too much time on skype with bashir and the other musketeers :)

As i said bashir before, if your up on the markets at the end of the day...it 'is' a good day :)

Think we all just need to be much more robotic with the system...easier said than done though eh guys

dwaine

Hi all,

Been trying out the manual method on currencies for last 4 weeks (EUR/USD) with varying degrees of success. I would like to check out Bashir's auto system on this market but have two queries:

1) Would SC forex data be suffient for this?

2) Any idea what appropriate scalper settings would be for this market?

I've been scratching my head a while now on 2 and need a bit of guidance.

I would appreciate any help on these matters.

Regards
J Wells

New Futures Trader

Hello,

I just joined the forum, purchased Sierra Charts and running Multi-Bracket orders like we were instructed. I have attached a chart with a potential trade, I was wondering if the Stochastic Crossover System arrows that comes standard with Sierra are valid instead of using the oscillator for direction on our charts? I also enabled the setting " Do Not use buy/sell lines to Yes" it comes standard No, this gave me a lot more potential trades. Thanks in advance. Andrew

Attachments

• example.png
    example.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 238
  • example2.png
    example2.png
    62 KB · Views: 201
Forum and Navig Trading

After reading much of the forum, I am confused why the settings have changed for the system? Without posting on the forum, I have been testing the system from the very first post with great results. The only difference is I am tighter on my stop lose and profit targets. I move the orders to Break Even after 10 ticks, where the first target profit is set at 10 ticks:

?:.

After reading much of the forum, I am confused why the settings have changed for the system? Without posting on the forum, I have been testing the system from the very first post with great results. The only difference is I am tighter on my stop lose and profit targets. I move the orders to Break Even after 10 ticks, where the first target profit is set at 10 ticks:

?:.

Hi AndrewFutures.

well done with your success. It does seem confusing but it appears for someone like Bashir his love of the challenge of trading often exceeds his desire for immediate income.

You appear to be using his method successfully on currencies for a while, im impressed. I have found these often too volatile and can get stopped out despite having the general directionn right. I am surprised you advise smaller stops. If you dont mind me asking, what is your initial stop-loss?

Also, have you attempted to automate the system yet, and if so what settings have you used ?(if its Bashirs scalper?)

Stop Lose

The stop is less then 20ticks or the trade is not taken in my testing. I set the stop at the low of the last bar on the higher time frames, 30min & 10min.

However, if the signal is taken from the tick chart, I use the last fractal low or high.

Which is the case in the attached screen shot. I am new to trading futures and so far this system has been very accurate. Although, my sample size is very small less then 500 trades. I thought I would start asking questions to try and prevent a black swan or risking money in something that I am still learning. I am open to any suggestions?

I am trading on a live 20k account and trading 2lots; so the profit is similar to the first post 300-500 a day which is 10-20pips.

The stop is less then 20ticks or the trade is not taken in my testing. I set the stop at the low of the last bar on the higher time frames, 30min & 10min.

However, if the signal is taken from the tick chart, I use the last fractal low or high.

Which is the case in the attached screen shot. I am new to trading futures and so far this system has been very accurate. Although, my sample size is very small less then 500 trades. I thought I would start asking questions to try and prevent a black swan or risking money in something that I am still learning. I am open to any suggestions?

I am trading on a live 20k account and trading 2lots; so the profit is similar to the first post 300-500 a day which is 10-20pips.

Thanks alot. I will look into your stop loss strategy and maybe consider something similar myself.

Regards'
JW

Futures not Forex

I am trading Futures currency contracts not Forex.
In my opinion the volatility is different because of the liquidity and the dealing desks involved with forex.

Also, because futures are options based. It is used as a hedging vehicle for most banks.

I am trading Futures currency contracts not Forex.
In my opinion the volatility is different because of the liquidity and the dealing desks involved with forex.

Also, because futures are options based. It is used as a hedging vehicle for most banks.

Hi Andrew,

Just one query regarding the screen shots you provided. If the arrows are indicative of the trades you have made would I be right in saying that some postions do not meet all the 'rules' as originally defined in the manual method. In particular, some trades have been entered without key supports being broken on some TF's ie the 10/20 EMA line?

Regards
JW

Hello,

I just joined the forum, purchased Sierra Charts and running Multi-Bracket orders like we were instructed. I have attached a chart with a potential trade, I was wondering if the Stochastic Crossover System arrows that comes standard with Sierra are valid instead of using the oscillator for direction on our charts? I also enabled the setting " Do Not use buy/sell lines to Yes" it comes standard No, this gave me a lot more potential trades. Thanks in advance. Andrew

The stochastics crossover system is okey to use, but when stochastics are almost flatt or going sideways, it might give you false signals, but overall it makes things easyer i guess. But its all up each person, i prefer looking at the stochastisc, not just a arrow, and the overbough and oversold conditions will not be shown with just a arrow. So i mightwanna be carefull with that.

Showing a buy or sell lines have absolutly nothing to do with how many potentilal trades you get. Its just a simple indication of showing you where you entered, it have nothing to do with trading aportunitys-

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi AndrewFutures.

well done with your success. It does seem confusing but it appears for someone like Bashir his love of the challenge of trading often exceeds his desire for immediate income.

You appear to be using his method successfully on currencies for a while, im impressed. I have found these often too volatile and can get stopped out despite having the general directionn right. I am surprised you advise smaller stops. If you dont mind me asking, what is your initial stop-loss?

Also, have you attempted to automate the system yet, and if so what settings have you used ?(if its Bashirs scalper?)

Hi M8, you where asking for some settings for the forex market.
I personaly have no experience with that market, but if you want to know stops and targets then i would use moneymanagment to find those out.

Set your stop so that you dont risk more then 200 usd pr trade(2 contracts), and your first target is then 75 usd. And then second target would be 175 usd.
Try testing targets and stops on sim before committing money into it.

And get a sense of how the forex market moves, and just look at it for a while and you will see its behavior over time. That will helpe you determing the targets and stops.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Stochastic question

The stochastics crossover system is okey to use, but when stochastics are almost flatt or going sideways, it might give you false signals, but overall it makes things easyer i guess. But its all up each person, i prefer looking at the stochastisc, not just a arrow, and the overbough and oversold conditions will not be shown with just a arrow. So i mightwanna be carefull with that.

Showing a buy or sell lines have absolutly nothing to do with how many potentilal trades you get. Its just a simple indication of showing you where you entered, it have nothing to do with trading aportunitys-

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

Are you only taking the stochastic signals if they cross greater than 85 or less than 15?
Because if I enable that setting on the crossover system, it gives me all crossover arrows if they cross anywhere not obeying levels, if i leave the setting on No it only gives me cross over arrows at the desired levels. This is why I mentioned it gave more signals.

Why are the settings different for the system from the original first post? Do you find these settings work better then the first post using different time frames and moving averages?

The last question is regards to the 2minute chart, on your website you do not have the 10ema on that chart, is this correct?

Example- I am not trying to change your rules just curious based on my observations. I am the type of trader that puts a lot of chart time testing on simulation, and iterations and frequency is obviously a big part of success. We all know systems are not 100% accurate and you need to people to keep trading, or simply get trades to be successful. I found not using the levels to strict, however the multiple time frame rules based system, still abides your 8 rules. Here is an example of a trade at 13:53 chart time a short, and it obeys all rules, except the 85/15 cross, which I am not sure if it is even a rule? I know you said slow D line must be > 15 for a short, which it is... I am assuming you use 85/15 for crossover signals, if not then GREAT! I answered my own question... The one with more arrows, gives signals even if the stochastic is not crossing at 85 and 15. The first chart with less arrows, gives signals or arrows only if they cross at > 85 or < 15.

thanks in advance,
andrew

Attachments

• levelson.png
    levelson.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 278
  • levelsoff.png
    levelsoff.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Bashir,

Are you only taking the stochastic signals if they cross greater than 85 or less than 15?
Because if I enable that setting on the crossover system, it gives me all crossover arrows if they cross anywhere not obeying levels, if i leave the setting on No it only gives me cross over arrows at the desired levels. This is why I mentioned it gave more signals.

Why are the settings different for the system from the original first post? Do you find these settings work better then the first post using different time frames and moving averages?

The last question is regards to the 2minute chart, on your website you do not have the 10ema on that chart, is this correct?

Example- I am not trying to change your rules just curious based on my observations. I am the type of trader that puts a lot of chart time testing on simulation, and iterations and frequency is obviously a big part of success. We all know systems are not 100% accurate and you need to people to keep trading, or simply get trades to be successful. I found not using the levels to strict, however the multiple time frame rules based system, still abides your 8 rules. Here is an example of a trade at 13:53 chart time a short, and it obeys all rules, except the 85/15 cross, which I am not sure if it is even a rule? I know you said slow D line must be > 15 for a short, which it is... I am assuming you use 85/15 for crossover signals, if not then GREAT! I answered my own question... The one with more arrows, gives signals even if the stochastic is not crossing at 85 and 15. The first chart with less arrows, gives signals or arrows only if they cross at > 85 or < 15.

thanks in advance,
andrew

Hi andrew, sorry for the late reply.

I dont like to take any trades long when any of the stochastics slow d-line are above 85, and no shorts if stochastics slow d line is below 15, i am not that carefull if this is a low time frame chart like a 89tick chart,but anything else higher then that, i will be very carefull , and rather wait for a retracement, if market is trending , and it stays down around 15 level , i can always enter on a retracement down the road.

The reason i keep changing the method to different timeframes and different settings is because i am myself learning all the time, and i fell that those new settings are more effective and with less to look at you have a bigger chance of not missing anything. THe more charts and settings, the more stressfull it is and big chance of missing good trades, cause there is to much to scan all the time.

The 2min chart only have a 2min macd with 12.26.3 settings and no other indicators, we only use this to look at the shorterm pressure on the market, if there is buying pressure or selling pressure. To add more safety you can use a ADX on the 2min and whenever the ADX gets close to 20 or higher, then you know market is about to start trending and start looking into getting into retracement.

But remember that rules will only get you only that far, always keep an eye on chart formations, if you see market is in a channel then have that in mind, and wait for a break on the topside ordownside, and then take the trade on a retracement. Remember that retracement is the best and high propabiltiy trade there is to take. Cause everyone is looking at the same thing, cause the missed the initial breakeout and everyone is looking into getting it, its pure greed that make these retracement work. Noobs will just buy at market and get stopped, those with strict will get in a the right spot, and get payed.

Let me know if there is anything else you are wondering about, or if there was something i was not clear about.

You have a great trading day

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

anyone else getting cut off from the room and having trouble getting back in - keeps happening yesterday and today - driving me mad.

anyone else getting cut off from the room and having trouble getting back in - keeps happening yesterday and today - driving me mad.

Palk talk was pretty **** today for me as well, there was several times where i got disconnected and sometimes it crashed.

But you dident miss much, ZERO trades today :)

Working on getting a trending method into to scalper, so we dont sitt on our hands all day long, it was ZZzzz

Bashir N