Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Bashir .I did replay latest Navig (one that you send this morning) and got -27. 4 wins, 3 losses. Is this one olready old ? and you got +72 from diff. one ??
Vit

I was running 3 different versions with different settings for finetuning.
There was 1 version that dide very well, and thats the one that i will be sending out today.

THe one you where using, seems to have some problems with getting into fakes, as it dident do well here either.
But a new one is on its way, it will be in your email before marked opens tomorow.

Regarsd
Bashir Naimy

Hi Vit,

How do you go about doing a replay of past data on Navig?

Many thanks.

Hi. Go to Sierra chart (open it) , open your chart book , take one chart scroll back to any day you like , than go to charts and press replay, check replay for all , put higher speed like 5 to save your time and it should work .
Vit

Hi. Go to Sierra chart (open it) , open your chart book , take one chart scroll back to any day you like , than go to charts and press replay, check replay for all , put higher speed like 5 to save your time and it should work .
Vit

Coooll! Thanks Vit!

Hi,

Can any veteran of the system please post trades made or should have been made following the system? Since the rules are pretty clear after reading through a lot of posts, no fancy graphs and no explanation needed, just the trade itself.

Today (1/7/2008) is the first day that I traded the system using replay on real time without fastforwarding and pausing, and I would like to compare it to my trades. I made the following trade, all short all winners except the second contract of the second trade. It didn't quiet make it to 30 points :

9:09 - 2 contracts
9:46 - 2 contracts
12:56 - 1 contract
1:16 - 1 contract
1:28 - 1 contract

I reduced to just one contract because it seems that the market is just slowly plodding lower without much retrace. Thanks in advace !!

Jason

Coooll! Thanks Vit!

I was made aware that there might be issue with replay.
It seems the program does not scale out 1 contract when in replay mode, it seems to do it on live data. And remember that replay funtion will give you different results eachtime you run it on the same day. Dont ask me why, cause i dont know.
Thats a issue sierra are struggling with, many are complaining about that.

Evevryone should use the stable version of sierra, version 371

Regards
Bashir N

Infinity

Whenever I get up and running at Infinity does their platform have to be open along with sierra charts? Or do we just open sierra and put in our transact login info?

Also, I signed the indemnification form and was just wondering out loud if there's a way in the infinity platform or account to limit your open contracts to 2 in case the autotrader wigs out and starts buying more than what it is suppose to?

Thanks,
JT

Hi Bashir . I still have malty orders taking By Navig . it went up to 8 this morning in 1 min. I did reinstalled charts and running 71 version but it did not fix the problem.
Aftrer I open Naim charts I open my own charts name Vit but orders from Naim charts will show up on my charts ass well. I don’t know if this OK. When I do replay and runn only Naim ch I don’t have malty orders. May be 2 chart books when open in the same time interfere with each other.???
Vit
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-08 14:22:09
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 2. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:04
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 2. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:10
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 4. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:31
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:50
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-08 14:44:50
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:52
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 10. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:56

Last edited:
Whenever I get up and running at Infinity does their platform have to be open along with sierra charts? Or do we just open sierra and put in our transact login info?

Also, I signed the indemnification form and was just wondering out loud if there's a way in the infinity platform or account to limit your open contracts to 2 in case the autotrader wigs out and starts buying more than what it is suppose to?

Thanks,
JT
You dont need the infinity platform to be open, but you can have it open if you want to.
Will not matter.

The problem with buying more the 2 contracts, thats a problem that does not excist anymore. That must have been a person using it with a old version of SC or having a messed up workbook to being with.I have testet and retestet it , dide not come over ny scenarios where it buys more then 2. Unless there are any changes done.

There can be one cause, if someone changed the custome order quantity, cause there are two ofthem , so if they change the wrong one, then it will buy more then 2 .

Regards
Bashir Naimy

I managed to get everything up and running and 179 pages read (y)

Currently my setup is:

Sierra Charts v371 linked with TransACT (simulation)
NAVIG via Bashir

I opened the naimy.scwbf file and it opened and started running the NAVIG as it should. I believe I opened it a little too late (although it was around 9:40) because I'm seeing a -94 cumulative session loss for the day so far. I have won 5 contracts and lost 4 contracts. This is on YMH9.

I'll open everything earlier tomorrow morning but I just wanted to post and let everyone know the software does work and it just might be very sensitive to when the application was loaded. Also, does this release have the trailing function that the first release had to potentially get the 200+ ticks? We will see how the rest of the day goes.

How is everyone else doing today?
How do I change from YMH9 to the ES that I've seen here? Also, what changes should one make to the NAVIG.

Thanks again for all your hard work Bashir :cheers:

Last edited:
Hi Bashir . I still have malty orders taking By Navig . it went up to 8 this morning in 1 min. I did reinstalled charts and running 71 version but it did not fix the problem.
Aftrer I open Naim charts I open my own charts name Vit but orders from Naim charts will show up on my charts ass well. I don’t know if this OK. When I do replay and runn only Naim ch I don’t have malty orders. May be 2 chart books when open in the same time interfere with each other.???
Vit
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-08 14:22:09
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 2. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:04
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 2. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:10
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 4. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:43:31
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:50
Ignored Trigger: YMH9 89 tick - #1, Sell Exit for Worksheet "Naimy", Short Position Quantity does not exist. - 2009-01-08 14:44:50
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Entry executed Buy Market, Quantity 1. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:52
YMH9 89 tick - #1: Worksheet "Naimy" - Buy Exit executed Sell Market, Quantity 10. Symbol YMH9 - 2009-01-08 14:44:56

Hmm, looks like there must be some problems with having both of them open.
I suggest you delete the files and add them to your data folder again and dont add any other charts to it. YOu can instead install a second SC in another location and have that open as well, thats what i am doing btw.

That should fix it .

Regards
Bashir N

I managed to get everything up and running and 179 pages read (y)

Currently my setup is:

Sierra Charts v371 linked with TransACT (simulation)
NAVIG via Bashir

I opened the naimy.scwbf file and it opened and started running the NAVIG as it should. I believe I opened it a little too late (although it was around 9:40) because I'm seeing a -94 cumulative session loss for the day so far. I have won 5 contracts and lost 4 contracts. This is on YMH9.

I'll open everything earlier tomorrow morning but I just wanted to post and let everyone know the software does work and it just might be very sensitive to when the application was loaded. Also, does this release have the trailing function that the first release had to potentially get the 200+ ticks? We will see how the rest of the day goes.

How is everyone else doing today?
How do I change from YMH9 to the ES that I've seen here? Also, what changes should one make to the NAVIG.

Thanks again for all your hard work Bashir :cheers:

These past days are **** M8, the low volume is really messing up the tickcharts. I suggest nobody take no importance to the results until volume gets back to normal levels.Volume is 50% of whats it normaly is.

I suggest everyone trade the NQ until volume return, the NQ have insane volume and havethe same risk, 5usd pr tick.

A funtionel version of NQ and ES version will be out before monday, i am considering trading the NQ from now one, you getbest of both worlds.Good volume and low risk pr tick.

Regards
Bashir naimy

ps: Not going live until 19 of january, since the volume is just dreadfull.

Bashir, Does the navig have a trailing stop once it takes the first and second targets? 10,15. It seems that it only went to BE after the targets were hit. Is this something that can be adjusted/changed ?

These past days are **** M8, the low volume is really messing up the tickcharts. I suggest nobody take no importance to the results until volume gets back to normal levels.Volume is 50% of whats it normaly is.

I suggest everyone trade the NQ until volume return, the NQ have insane volume and havethe same risk, 5usd pr tick.

A funtionel version of NQ and ES version will be out before monday, i am considering trading the NQ from now one, you getbest of both worlds.Good volume and low risk pr tick.

Regards
Bashir naimy

ps: Not going live until 19 of january, since the volume is just dreadfull.

HQH9 = 20 US per point
so for 2 contracts stop loss = 10 points
first target = 5
second = 15
Vit

Bashir, Does the navig have a trailing stop once it takes the first and second targets? 10,15. It seems that it only went to BE after the targets were hit. Is this something that can be adjusted/changed ?

Hey trader20910 ;-)
Navig doens't use trailing stop, only scaling out params. Where the final contract(s) are going to be flattened depends on indicators or the B/E stop. With the silly market this week it is very likely that it drops again to the B/E rather then move up more where you can get out positive after big move.
You can flatten manually if you want, but like the man said, whe should sim it a month to get to trust navig. People are getting a bit inpatient it seems so some are going live already, or looking to go live after a week. It needs time and a "normal" volume market.

Hey trader20910 ;-)
Navig doens't use trailing stop, only scaling out params. Where the final contract(s) are going to be flattened depends on indicators or the B/E stop. With the silly market this week it is very likely that it drops again to the B/E rather then move up more where you can get out positive after big move.
You can flatten manually if you want, but like the man said, whe should sim it a month to get to trust navig. People are getting a bit inpatient it seems so some are going live already, or looking to go live after a week. It needs time and a "normal" volume market.

.....what is "normal" volume.....and "good" volume as stated by bashir ....and why do you need it....what are the benefits....curious...cheers.

.....what is "normal" volume.....and "good" volume as stated by bashir ....and why do you need it....what are the benefits....curious...cheers.

I don't have too much exposure to YM, but in all markets it's the same. If volume drops well below average, trends are much shorter and infrequent as there isn't much buying/selling power to sustain rallies. Range tends to be smaller also. And tickcharts are off because less contracts are sold, so 89ticks for example might take 2 or 3 minutes to fill instead of 45 seconds, wich makes them less usefull for shortterm strategy.

This is all relative to what the average vola is on the market you focus on and are familiar with of course.
Bashir's basic strategy is based on average or "normal" behaviour of the YM, and making use of trends, and these last few weeks have hardly shown any of those.

One might have a different strategy, where volume does not make any difference at all, or just scalping or what have you.

What normal volume is can be found in historical data i think, not sure what it should be on YM.

I don't have too much exposure to YM, but in all markets it's the same. If volume drops well below average, trends are much shorter and infrequent as there isn't much buying/selling power to sustain rallies. Range tends to be smaller also. And tickcharts are off because less contracts are sold, so 89ticks for example might take 2 or 3 minutes to fill instead of 45 seconds, wich makes them less usefull for shortterm strategy.

This is all relative to what the average vola is on the market you focus on and are familiar with of course.
Bashir's basic strategy is based on average or "normal" behaviour of the YM, and making use of trends, and these last few weeks have hardly shown any of those.

One might have a different strategy, where volume does not make any difference at all, or just scalping or what have you.

What normal volume is can be found in historical data i think, not sure what it should be on YM.

....so then how would you define "normal"...an average perhaps...if so what average length?

....so then how would you define "normal"...an average perhaps...if so what average length?

I dont have access right now, so can't check that. Bashir said something like 300k contracts a day?
I would define average volume as total of daily volume for the year divided by number of open marketdays, wouldn't you?

mr marcus

It would be great if you could contribute to this thread as I understand you trade the futures markets for a living VERY successfully and you also train students at your trading arcade. Sorry if I've misinterpreted anything, but your experience and wisdom would be greatly appreciated.