Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Sebastian,

This is the screen I have got from InfinityAT demo account.

Do you mean the YMH9 is not the right code for the contracts?

Jordao

No, it is the correct contract if you are trading with Infinity.
Maybe i misunderstood your question, but you wanted to trade with Interactivebrokers (IB) right?
they have a different style of coding a future contract. So that's why i got a little confused.
Maybe you can explain your question more detailed to me?

Thanks...

Here I go again... sorry about so many questions

As we can see on this chart, we have the yellow line that shows the point of entrance (-1@8491), wich would be a Short entry at 8491, 1 car.

What are those other green, blue and red lines? R1/PP/S1?

Regards

Jordao

On the chart you are looking at, hit F6 key, this opens the indicators/studies screen, there on the right'hand side you'll see all the studies that are on your chart, duoble-click those and you can see the settings, colors, line-types etc. I would advise to learn a bit more about SC before doing anything with it.

Here I go again... sorry about so many questions

As we can see on this chart, we have the yellow line that shows the point of entrance (-1@8491), wich would be a Short entry at 8491, 1 car.

What are those other green, blue and red lines? R1/PP/S1?

Regards

Jordao

The yellow,blue and the green lines are so called ''Volume Value Area lines'' (VVA)

they adept with the price, so you can see were the most money is.
If you want more info: google is your friend! :D

About the R1/PP/S1 is of no importance. These are only important with Pivot points, but we are not using these lines in the roomtrader.

If i were you, i would suggest you read this whole thread, atleast the last couple of hundred pages. It will most likely leave all questions behind and start trading it manually so you get a feeling for it and get aquainted with the studies and product.

~Sebastian

Morning Sebastian, Just a quick ? Did the room change names or are you still running it? I see another room open right now.

Morning Sebastian, Just a quick ? Did the room change names or are you still running it? I see another room open right now.

Yes, Bashir has opened a room because he's always in early and stays till late. So that's why...

To join, visit the BashirNaimy Trading chat group page, and click 'Join this Group':
Chat Groups Paltalk

Be aware that you might see two rooms.... "Bashir" and "Bashir Trading"..

If you hear the lovely voice of Bashir then you are in the right one :D

On the chart you are looking at, hit F6 key, this opens the indicators/studies screen, there on the right'hand side you'll see all the studies that are on your chart, duoble-click those and you can see the settings, colors, line-types etc. I would advise to learn a bit more about SC before doing anything with it.

That is it... thanks for the advice.

I do not intend to do nothing for now. I am in a trial period on SC, so untill I get very fammiliar with SC I will not operate.

Regards

Jordao

Hi Bashir

I’m a newbie – found your thread a few days ago and have read and re-read it several times since! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas, its very kind of you and very helpful for a learner like myself. I’ve had a look at your latest rules and video so I think I understand the basics of your manual system, but can I ask you a few simple questions?

1) If your charting software doesn’t show Volume Value area lines what other S/R lines could you use? (or is there another terminology for VVA)?

2) I know that most of thread is devoted to trading YM but if someone is trading the ES what targets and stops would they use? Eg is a –20 tick stop on YM equivalent to –2 stop on ES?

3) Time for stupid question – could you explain the difference between using 89tick chart and 1 min charts?

4) Do you consider overbought/oversold limits at stoch levels 70/30 or 80/20 or does this depend on market volatility, eg VIX number?

Like JWB a few posts back I would like to get to grip with your manual method before using your autotrader but can I add my name to the list for using it later?

Many thanks!

Guys, i have uploaded a nice pdf file!

*How to become a trader in 38 steps*

At wich step are we???

ps. If anybody is interested in daytrading Ebooks of 1.9 gig. and is familair with Torrents, PM me...

Attachments

• 38 Steps To Becoming A Trader.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Hi Bashir

I’m a newbie – found your thread a few days ago and have read and re-read it several times since! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas, its very kind of you and very helpful for a learner like myself. I’ve had a look at your latest rules and video so I think I understand the basics of your manual system, but can I ask you a few simple questions?

1) If your charting software doesn’t show Volume Value area lines what other S/R lines could you use? (or is there another terminology for VVA)?

2) I know that most of thread is devoted to trading YM but if someone is trading the ES what targets and stops would they use? Eg is a –20 tick stop on YM equivalent to –2 stop on ES?

3) Time for stupid question – could you explain the difference between using 89tick chart and 1 min charts?

4) Do you consider overbought/oversold limits at stoch levels 70/30 or 80/20 or does this depend on market volatility, eg VIX number?

Like JWB a few posts back I would like to get to grip with your manual method before using your autotrader but can I add my name to the list for using it later?

Many thanks!

Hi Jonhar, i will try to be brief, got a ****load of work to get done today,so i hope you dont mind:eek:

1:If you dont VVA, that could be because some charting programs call it by differnent names. Try looking for Markedprofile, some charts call it that.But if you dont got VVA or markedprofile, then there is no other options, unless you just look at resistance and support levels, cause thats what VVA and marked profile tells you.

2:If you are trading the ES then stops would be 5ticks instead of 20tick on the YM.

3:An 89tick chart will draw a bar for each 89 trades done, so everytime there is done 89trades a new bar will be formed. 1min chart will form a new bar when 1 minutt have passed, for each new minutt it will draw a new bar.

4:I consider overbough above 85 and oversold below 15, this is up to each person, but o prefer using 85 as uper level and 15 as lower level. I know in some charts its default at 80,20. I always change it.

Yeah, its a good idea to learn to trade manually before going and using a autotrader, cause then i will know why its going long or short, and you will be able to create your own in futures as well ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

At wich step are we???

ps. If anybody is interested in daytrading Ebooks of 1.9 gig. and is familair with Torrents, PM me...

I am sure there will be no more "donation" from me !:whistling

At wich step are we???

can you write book name and torrent name?
Vit.

JWG, Being an Aussie like yourself, but Victorian I use to like trading the Eurostoxx50 and got killed a few times, I am very interested on how your trading with this strategy will do on the Euro, I now trade the Euro future 6E and have been going OK with it for the past 6 months but every now and again I do stupid things which brings me back down to earth.
I am looking forward to the new year on Sim trading Bashir's automated system with the intentions on going live, so if this would work on the Euro it is right in our time alley for trading,
All the best to all and Happy New Year.

Thanks again Bashir(y)

Hey Kipper,

Mate yes the time frame is exactly why my interests lie with the european futures market. I will also look into Euro future 6E now you mention it. Tell me have you traded the Bund, Bobl or Schatz before?

Cheers
JWG

JWG,
No I have not traded those markets, my trading method on the Euro is purely breaks of S/R with the first contract only a few points so usually when this is hit I have a free trade on the 2nd contract, the percentages of breaks does out weigh the false breaks, I usually trade with a very small stop. The 6E can be a volatile market but a bit more liquid than the EUR/USD which both imitate each other, I can send a PM to you at some stage and we can work a strategy for the EuroStoxx50 although I like the thinking behind Bashir's system so Iam hoping we can incorporate it to the Euro and help others trade this as well.

Happy New Year :clap:

Auto Trader

Bashir, just a quick question, Am I right in saying the Auto trader will only initiate the trade, then your trading dome etc will be set up with stop loss and targets etc.

Hi Jonhar, i will try to be brief, got a ****load of work to get done today,so i hope you dont mind:eek:

1:If you dont VVA, that could be because some charting programs call it by differnent names. Try looking for Markedprofile, some charts call it that.But if you dont got VVA or markedprofile, then there is no other options, unless you just look at resistance and support levels, cause thats what VVA and marked profile tells you.

2:If you are trading the ES then stops would be 5ticks instead of 20tick on the YM.

3:An 89tick chart will draw a bar for each 89 trades done, so everytime there is done 89trades a new bar will be formed. 1min chart will form a new bar when 1 minutt have passed, for each new minutt it will draw a new bar.

4:I consider overbough above 85 and oversold below 15, this is up to each person, but o prefer using 85 as uper level and 15 as lower level. I know in some charts its default at 80,20. I always change it.

Yeah, its a good idea to learn to trade manually before going and using a autotrader, cause then i will know why its going long or short, and you will be able to create your own in futures as well ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Many thanks Bashir!

Another quick question about the SC:

- Is there any way I can see the log for the trades of the past days? I mean, I close the SierraChart yesterday and reoppenned it today. Is there any log of the past days activity?

Regards

Jordao

Bashir, just a quick question, Am I right in saying the Auto trader will only initiate the trade, then your trading dome etc will be set up with stop loss and targets etc.

It will initiate the trade, it will also take care of the targets and stops,and also move your stop when marked goes +10 in your favor.I have a initial stop of 20ticks. THen when marked moves +10 in your favor, it will move the stop to +1.Then it will just ride the move until there is no more to it.

Regards
Bashir Naimy

Another quick question about the SC:

- Is there any way I can see the log for the trades of the past days? I mean, I close the SierraChart yesterday and reoppenned it today. Is there any log of the past days activity?

Regards

Jordao

I dont think so Jordao, at least i have not found anything like that in SC.
Maybe someone else knows?

Regards
Bashir N