Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

hey guys.
i had the autotrader on sim version on friday. i just opened sierra charts, loaded the chartbook and it was default on sim mode. every once in a while a window would pop up and say sell or buy at market message would come up. but then it would say there would be an error sending to interactive brokers. then the'res a msg saying buy order being sent to IB every other minute. is this because its set on sim mode and its purposedly blocking the orders? i know i've set up the IB normally because the feed is good too.
also, is there any way i can tell what the profit/loss was on the sim trade for the day? thanks

hey guys.
i had the autotrader on sim version on friday. i just opened sierra charts, loaded the chartbook and it was default on sim mode. every once in a while a window would pop up and say sell or buy at market message would come up. but then it would say there would be an error sending to interactive brokers. then the'res a msg saying buy order being sent to IB every other minute. is this because its set on sim mode and its purposedly blocking the orders? i know i've set up the IB normally because the feed is good too.
also, is there any way i can tell what the profit/loss was on the sim trade for the day? thanks

THe message you get about error sending sounds weird, when i am on sim it does not say anything like that, but then again i am using transact, but either way its not sending the orders to IB, and 100% right as its on sim.

You can always check ur P/L for the day if you take a look into your excel sheet, in the sheer there is something called accumulative P/L or something in that line. There you can see what your profit or loss is, it also shows other usefull information, please have a look, just dont change anything in the entry fields.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

i have a quick position. i was running the autotrader tonight out of curiosity because i'm still new to it. it sold a contract a half hour into sunday night's open and was up a decnet amount of bit. if i wanted to manually cover the 1 contract because i needed to go home and was happy with the gain at that point, how would i do it without screwing anything up with the system. i know i could individually go into my IB account and cover it but is thee a way to do it in sierra charts? thanks

Hey M8, good to hear that you had a great time at new york, its really a live and exciting city.I was there a few years ago and took a picture with the bull :D Look at the attachment :cheesy:

The thread have grown buts nothing much have happend, i dide post a new manuall trading method, i have attached it as well in a text file for you , but in addition to that,also use a 89tick chart, to get into trades early. And also add a 2min chart with a macd with 12,26,3 settings. That will give you a good indication of where is price is going on the shortterm.

I have also released a autotrader that works with sierracharts, its a very simple version and i dont recommend using it live. I am releasing a new version that i am usingmyself latest 9 of januar,hopefully before. That one is somehting i recommend using 1 month on sim until you get comfortable with it, then you can try it live, as its more robust and saver. And you can set maximum daily loss,this is something you can change after your own comfort level.

The Vix is lower,but i think its a mixture of the investors are not getting scared with bad news anymore, when you get bad news evertyhing then another one does not really scare you :)
And its december, alot of traders leave for vacation to celebrate christmas and the newyear, i am guessing the Vix will go up allitle when everybody comes back from their vacations.I have tryed the method on the DAX and the Eurostoxx, i am keep getting around the same results, witch is very postive.I have also tryed it on the NASDAQ, and it seems to be even better there, cause it looks like when the nasdaq finds a direction it keeps at it for a long time, and for the autotrader that is perfect as it rides the entire move up.
Anyways, send me a email and i will send you the autotrader, dont want to post it here.

Let me know what you think.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Bashir,

As usual thanks for hitting me back so quick. Ahhh I see you are trying your hand at auto trading... its facinating stuff... but for me i'm going to concentrate on consistantly turning a profit manually before I devote any headspace to programing a system. Thanks very much for your offer though. Also I thought I'd return the favour and show you some cheezy pics from my time in NY:eek:. I'm still waiting for my friend to email me the pictures of myself with bull as my camera had run out of battery at the time.:(

2009 is going to be a very busy year for me. I have made the decision that I want to trade for a living fulltime. So i'm going to be working some long hours in addition to my day job to ensure I can reach my goal. Just like you say bashir nothing great is ever accomplished without hard work.

I will also be posting more of my observations backtesting/trading the EUROSTOXX50. And in addition to this I will be also studying the Bund, Bobl and Schatz.

Keep the good work up Bashir.
JWG

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 150
Hi Bashir,

Have been following your work for a month or two now and am losing less every day!!!!! so thanks a million for supporting those of us who would be eaten alive without the generous advice and help you give.

Paul

JWG, Being an Aussie like yourself, but Victorian I use to like trading the Eurostoxx50 and got killed a few times, I am very interested on how your trading with this strategy will do on the Euro, I now trade the Euro future 6E and have been going OK with it for the past 6 months but every now and again I do stupid things which brings me back down to earth.
I am looking forward to the new year on Sim trading Bashir's automated system with the intentions on going live, so if this would work on the Euro it is right in our time alley for trading,
All the best to all and Happy New Year.

Thanks again Bashir(y)

Ok guys...

I have oppenned the IB software (Demo account), lauched Sierra Chart and oppenned the room chartbook.

Anything else to do so the autotrader can beggins its work?

Regards

Jordao

Ok guys...

I have oppenned the IB software (Demo account), lauched Sierra Chart and oppenned the room chartbook.

Anything else to do so the autotrader can beggins its work?

Regards

Jordao

Hi Jordao,

Did you setup your API? of not go to configure and go to API, mark the line that says, enable activex/socketclients.

Hi Jordao,

Did you setup your API? of not go to configure and go to API, mark the line that says, enable activex/socketclients.

Sorry to ask, but what is my API?

I have got my SC running and all seems ok... I had a loosing trade righ now with a -20 as you can see at the picture attached.

Thanks again

Jordao

Attachments

• AutoTrader.PNG
    AutoTrader.PNG
    109.2 KB · Views: 341

I have got my SC running and all seems ok... I had a loosing trade righ now with a -20 as you can see at the picture attached.

Thanks again

Jordao

If everything is working, never mind then.

trying to make money premarket is not the very best way to test this sytem. I think you should wait till cash open.
Premarket could work right after big numbers ie. Nonfarm-payrolls etc. but not in this very low, premarket, december, holiday volume. :cheesy:
But i suggest you try this autotrader to trade during market hours it will give you much better results altough the real volume comes back in the second week of january.

~Sebastian

If everything is working, never mind then.

trying to make money premarket is not the very best way to test this sytem. I think you should wait till cash open.
Premarket could work right after big numbers ie. Nonfarm-payrolls etc. but not in this very low, premarket, december, holiday volume. :cheesy:
But i suggest you try this autotrader to trade during market hours it will give you much better results altough the real volume comes back in the second week of january.

~Sebastian

You touched in a very important issue... Here in Brazil we are GMT-3:00 and now with the adjustments we are gmt-4:00.

What do you mean with MARKET HOURS? Do you mean the time the DJ is oppen? Cause if you do so, it oppens at 12:30 here in Brasil.

Regards

Jordao

You touched in a very important issue... Here in Brazil we are GMT-3:00 and now with the adjustments we are gmt-4:00.

What do you mean with MARKET HOURS? Do you mean the time the DJ is oppen? Cause if you do so, it oppens at 12:30 here in Brasil.

Regards

Jordao

With market hours i mean cash opens, that means that indeed the DOW INDEX and all the other INDICES are open. These are official times for the markets. Then you also have PREmarket and AFTERmarket. Right now it's PREmarket, so very low volume...
Ábout the timezones, i really don't know. One thing i do know is that the market will open within 2 hours and 45 minutes from this timestamp of posting.

~Sebastian

With market hours i mean cash opens, that means that indeed the DOW INDEX and all the other INDICES are open. These are official times for the markets. Then you also have PREmarket and AFTERmarket. Right now it's PREmarket, so very low volume...
Ábout the timezones, i really don't know. One thing i do know is that the market will open within 2 hours and 45 minutes from this timestamp of posting.

~Sebastian

Ok.. that´s it : 12:30 here :smart:

Hey Bashir,

As usual thanks for hitting me back so quick. Ahhh I see you are trying your hand at auto trading... its facinating stuff... but for me i'm going to concentrate on consistantly turning a profit manually before I devote any headspace to programing a system. Thanks very much for your offer though. Also I thought I'd return the favour and show you some cheezy pics from my time in NY:eek:. I'm still waiting for my friend to email me the pictures of myself with bull as my camera had run out of battery at the time.:(

2009 is going to be a very busy year for me. I have made the decision that I want to trade for a living fulltime. So i'm going to be working some long hours in addition to my day job to ensure I can reach my goal. Just like you say bashir nothing great is ever accomplished without hard work.

I will also be posting more of my observations backtesting/trading the EUROSTOXX50. And in addition to this I will be also studying the Bund, Bobl and Schatz.

Keep the good work up Bashir.
JWG

Hey JWG you handsome ******* :cheesy:
Nice pictures you have there m8, yeah i think your idea is very good. Its always good to learn to trade manually before going over to somehting like a auotrader, and its also easyer to create something that you know works manuall and you fell much safer when automating it.

I will keep you informed with any news when come to testing the trader with other markeds , so far so good.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks again

Jordao

Premarked will not be a good time to test as i is using tickcharts,and low volume and tickcharts are a bad combination ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks again

Jordao

I've looked things over but one thing i don't understand is in your picture, it does not look like you are trading with IB's data. Because i see YMH9 instead of the YM-200903-ECBOT for the IB contract. So i don't think you are hooked to IB but another data vendor? Maybe Infinity you are connected to, i see the exclamation mark in yellow on your screenshot...

~Sebastian

Here I go again... sorry about so many questions

As we can see on this chart, we have the yellow line that shows the point of entrance (-1@8491), wich would be a Short entry at 8491, 1 car.

What are those other green, blue and red lines? R1/PP/S1?

Regards

Jordao

Attachments

• chart.JPG
    chart.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 225
I've looked things over but one thing i don't understand is in your picture, it does not look like you are trading with IB's data. Because i see YMH9 instead of the YM-200903-ECBOT for the IB contract. So i don't think you are hooked to IB but another data vendor? Maybe Infinity you are connected to, i see the exclamation mark in yellow on your screenshot...

~Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

This is the screen I have got from InfinityAT demo account.

Do you mean the YMH9 is not the right code for the contracts?

Jordao

Attachments

• Infinity.PNG
    Infinity.PNG
    126.6 KB · Views: 214