Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Bashir .Do we need to change to YMH9 contract or YMZ8 still OK.IM getting this roll over message on infin.????
Vit.

Most of us have switched since there is higher volume on the March contract now. the December contract settles this Friday I believe too, so be sure to switch at the very latest by then.

This is the same problem I'm having! I, like others in this thread, am just going to do sim trading most likely 'til the new year. It just so frustrating to pick all the trades right, then do a real one only to enter at the tip of a trend :(

I have to say vyral, i haven't done any live trading yet with futures. Also i've been too busy trying to get some level of auto-trading set up (because i find it intreresting), to get comfy with bashir's strategy.
Basicly just fooling around too much and not focussing on the details.
Lack of time also bit of a problem at the moment :(

I think with enough practice on the backtester and the sim account this will prove to be something i can manage succesfully. 100 points a day will do fine for me. Hey, i'm starting to sound like a zoned trader already ;-)

I do find the chat an excellent source of info and a fun addition to this already great thread. So thanks all for joining!

I will start work on a studie alert that will tell you guys when all the stochastics are in line and going up and then macd is also going up.

Hopefully get it done today, will post it here for you guys here on the thread.
This will only work on sierra charts
With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Here is a little autotrader, i will add more funtions to it sooner, and post a updated version later. Its late here and i could not make anymore changes as its very late here.
This will only work in Sierracharts, no exception..sorry , as i dont have time to do create severeal version for different platforms.

It will go long when:

1:When all the stochastics are crossed up and the slow D line on all the charts are
below the 90 line.
2:Macd on the 2min is going up and have some spacing.

Will cover when:

1:When the 2min macd is crossed down with some spacing.

OF course, i have not added any scaling out yett, i will add it tomorow, then it will buy 2 cars and sell 1 at +10 and then move the stop at -8.And cover last car when the macd crosses.

It will cover when stop is hit at -20 or if the macd crosses and flatten the postion, dont worrie, it will not send the orders to the order system, it will only simulate everything .

If u later want to try it out live i can show u how, but with this version i dont recommend it, when i add scaling out and breakeven funktion then you can use it live.

Extract the file i have attached and then put all the files into the datafolder that you find in your sierrafolder.Do not change the names of the files,that will mess it up.When that is done, open sierra and open the chartbook1, and it will start working, whenever u want to pause it just go to trade and make sure the
simulation trade is not crossed,when u want to start it just have it crossed. I suggest you all have simulation not crossed when starting the charbook, cause it might go short or long at the worst possible place, so start it around 09:45, so u stay out of the bad chopp. Just have sierra open with chartbook1, but dont activate it until u see marked gets calmer.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• Auto.zip
    410.4 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Also when using this, there is a option you can cross in sierracharts that show you where you are long or short.And it also tell you how much you are in pluss or minus.

Go to Trade --> then choose > Show orders/Positions on Chart.

When the system goes long or short, u do the same on your trading platform , and scale out at +10 yourself, since the scaling out funtion is not done yett.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Here is a little autotrader, i will add more funtions to it sooner, and post a updated version later. Its late here and i could not make anymore changes as its very late here.
This will only work in Sierracharts, no exception..sorry , as i dont have time to do create severeal version for different platforms.

It will go long when:

1:When all the stochastics are crossed up and the slow D line on all the charts are
below the 90 line.
2:Macd on the 2min is going up and have some spacing.

Will cover when:

1:When the 2min macd is crossed down with some spacing.

OF course, i have not added any scaling out yett, i will add it tomorow, then it will buy 2 cars and sell 1 at +10 and then move the stop at -8.And cover last car when the macd crosses.

It will cover when stop is hit at -20 or if the macd crosses and flatten the postion, dont worrie, it will not send the orders to the order system, it will only simulate everything .

If u later want to try it out live i can show u how, but with this version i dont recommend it, when i add scaling out and breakeven funktion then you can use it live.

Extract the file i have attached and then put all the files into the datafolder that you find in your sierrafolder.Do not change the names of the files,that will mess it up.When that is done, open sierra and open the chartbook1, and it will start working, whenever u want to pause it just go to trade and make sure the
simulation trade is not crossed,when u want to start it just have it crossed. I suggest you all have simulation not crossed when starting the charbook, cause it might go short or long at the worst possible place, so start it around 09:45, so u stay out of the bad chopp. Just have sierra open with chartbook1, but dont activate it until u see marked gets calmer.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir - A big thank you for sharing! Much appreciated. Will take a look :clap:

Here is a little newupdate, i added the volume value area lines to the 1min chart, i know its a nice indicator for Suppoer and resistance.When you see price break out and find a direction then you can activate the autotrader.That way u will stay away from the first chopp.

I am also wondering if you guys want me to add this funktion?

1:Go long only if the price is above all the ema's on all the charts-->you guys want this ?

Let me know and i will add it okey?

With kind regars
Bashir Naimy

Attachments

• chartbook1.zip
    414.7 KB · Views: 174
Here is a little newupdate, i added the volume value area lines to the 1min chart, i know its a nice indicator for Suppoer and resistance.When you see price break out and find a direction then you can activate the autotrader.That way u will stay away from the first chopp.

1:Go long only if the price is above all the ema's on all the charts-->you guys want this ?

With kind regars
Bashir Naimy

Hey Bashir - thank you again.

The above ema would be nice, but please tell me...when do you find time to sleep? :)

Hi Bashir

Thank you very your generosity. Will give it a go today. I've saved it in c:\SierraChart\data
The files are 1. chartbook1.cht, 2. room.scwbf. This correct?

So, this chartbook replaces our own chartbook, correct?

I suggest you open your own chartbook first, and rename it, if it's called chartbook1 that is, so you don't lose it.

Hey Bashir - thank you again.

The above ema would be nice, but please tell me...when do you find time to sleep? :)

Well thats the beaty of starting work around 15:00 here :D
That way i can sleep for a long time, but i should really fix my day rythm, dont think this is good for my health on the long term :confused:

Anyways, i will ask everyone in the room as well, and see if that is something they want as well, when it comes to the ema's, i think they would like it, but ill start working on it now.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Another thing i forgot to mention, the code will cover your postion if price goes -20 ticks or lower behind your entry or if the macd crosses, either comes first will activate the cover.

I will look into scaling out and doing breakeven today as well, when doing 2 car.
SO far its only set to do 1 car.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

With kind regars
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir,

I thought this over and decided NOT to use this automated strategy. First i need to maximize my own confidence to trade this strategy manually. If i want to understand the YM moves with the adjusted rules to your rules and see if it works for a couple of weeks. It looks very promising sofar...

You have been testing this strategy for a year now (am i correct?) and you started out also manually and started to understand certain indicators and how they react to the YM.
i think it's very important that you understand the basics and try to trade it manually with his rules (maybe adjusted to your own style).

this is from my own opinion and not related to other traders.
Although it´s really nice what you are doing for us Bashir i really appreciate it.(y)

Thanks Bashir,

I thought this over and decided NOT to use this automated strategy. First i need to maximize my own confidence to trade this strategy manually. If i want to understand the YM moves with the adjusted rules to your rules and see if it works for a couple of weeks. It looks very promising sofar...

You have been testing this strategy for a year now (am i correct?) and you started out also manually and started to understand certain indicators and how they react to the YM.
i think it's very important that you understand the basics and try to trade it manually with his rules (maybe adjusted to your own style).

this is from my own opinion and not related to other traders.
Although it´s really nice what you are doing for us Bashir i really appreciate it.(y)

I fully understand that sebastian, and its a good aprooch you are using, its always importent to understand the method in its original form.,but move over to automated.

But this autothingy is from from automated m8 :D
It will only buy 1 car , when all stochs are in order, and you can look atthe charts at the same time as they are all there, and see when it give you a signal.
I know its alot of charts to keep an eye one, and sometimes its easy to miss a signal, so this will make it easyer to get that hint, you hear a DING,and u see a long positions on your screen, u can then try to get into it manually yourself from the trading platform.

So the idea is not to have people using this as a standalone, i want the guys and girls to use this together with their platform, the autothingi is just to give a headsup when there is a valid buy, and i will assume that everybody will looking at the charts and seeing where to get in like they would normaly do.

Anyways, i should make some tea and get eat something before todays session, will be interesting to see how much chopp we get today:D The most used word in the room is hearby "CHOPP" :cheesy:

I dont have big hopes for nice smooth moves today, but it will be a pleasent surprise if it is (y) Cya all on the room.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

With kind regars
Bashir Naimy

Thanks for your time Bashir.
When I unzip directly to Sierra data folder and open my chart book file (chart book 1 ) does show up. but when I triy to open it messege shows up -- unable to read newer chartbook file format.---
any idia how to fix this .
I realy need to automat it . I do well when I use your method manualy but when I loose I get to emotional and cant control myself. you have a grate system ........... thanks
Vit:eek:

Last edited:
When I unzip directly to Sierra data folder and open my chart book file (chart book 1 ) does show up. but when I triy to open it messege shows up -- unable to read newer chartbook file format.---

I'm getting the same. I assume Bashir is using a newer version of Sierra.

Bashir - what version of Sierra are you using? Many thanks.

Thanks for your time Bashir.
I realy need to automat it . I do well when I use your method manualy but when I loose I get to emotional and cant control myself. you have a grate system ........... thanks
Vit:eek:

Download the latest prerelease and it will work.

I will add scaling out and first target will be automated as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Download the latest prerelease and it will work.

I will add scaling out and first target will be automated as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hay Bashir if you ever think going to Toronto You can stay at my place in a guest bedroom and I will show you around Niagara falls................and other places
Just let me Know (416)2783853.
Vit.