Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

You also got my vote! I hope you will win it, so that we the users of your wonderful system can finaly say really thankyou for your system, and for sharing it with the world!

Fwiw I read a good book this weekend which details the principles of bashir's system, using multiple timeframes, moving averages and stochastics. Although it talks stocks it can be applied to anything. The book is "the secret of the underground trader" by Jea yu. Well worth a read IMO

Hi Clicksta. From your book Jea talking about -3 shift exponential MA .as a way to
confirm breakout. What is 3 shift exponential MA ??????

Secrets of the Undergroundtrader ... - Google Book Search
Vit
Thanks.

First day of lossing for me, trading the day before fed meeting never is smart and especially on a monday :eek:

Was up almost 80 ticks early in the day, then all hell broke loose and SUPER chopp u never seen before, just got chopped up and gave it all back and ended the day with
-60 ticks. I should have taken those 80 ticks and stayed away, but i never learn :frown

The funny this is that i decided i would trade sim today, so thank god that was only -60 sim money. I will trading sim tomorow as well tomorow, i had very good months and i dont want to give it all back on the last month .

December is known for being low volume spiky and sideways trading, alot of traders dont trade cause they are taking a early vacation for christmas.

I suggest anyone still new to trading, just sim trade until January, u dont want to get killed in this marked, preserve your money when marked are more calmer and easyer to trade.

I will be trading everyday, but on sim this month, as i will be tweaking and modifing the program, its a perfect marked conditions to test it, if it works well this month then it work well in any marked condition.

I must say sebastian ( Bapovs) really impressed me, he managed to get +90 ticks today, he was doing it the manually way, and he had alot more edg then me, i would do breakeven while he takes quick +10 +30 ticks. My hat goes of to him (y)

I was not paying that much attention to the room today, sorry about that guys, i was in a really bad mood and dident get enough sleep the night before, so if i have yelled or been nasty then please do excuse me, ill behave :eek: Will be alot more active in the room tomorow and hopefully be of more help.

You all have sweet dreams and looking forward to seeing you all tomorow.
And thanks for the votes guys, crossing my finger :clap:

With kind regards
bashir naimy

It's a 3-period EMA with a lag of 3. Some charting programs have a setting with the EMA called "lead/lag" and you just set that to "-3".

How do you set -3 on infinity chart./? minimum you can put 1. So I go to EMA and change lengs to -3 ?????
Thanks
Vit

First day of lossing for me, trading the day before fed meeting never is smart and especially on a monday :eek:

I was not paying that much attention to the room today, sorry about that guys, i was in a really bad mood and dident get enough sleep the night before, so if i have yelled or been nasty then please do excuse me, ill behave :eek: Will be alot more active in the room tomorow and hopefully be of more help.

With kind regards
bashir naimy

Lol, your being very honest about it there Bashir :cool:
Your previous post was like 4am, i already thought, that you were doing very demanding office-hours. :p
I couldn't make it yesterday, but not surprised to read Bapovs did ok, i thinks he's got the entry down very well, which is the hardest part imho. Taking the 10s and 30s is one of many ways to use your strategy i believe.
From another (stock)trader i read he was on the sideline the whole session yesterday, he found it very hard, but it turned out to be very smart (y)
Hope nobody got too big a loss or frustrated with sticking to the rules.

And once more for everyone who hasn't sent bashir some good karma, here's your chance:
Vote for bashir as most helpfull t2w-member in the 2008 Members Awards

(it's just a bit of fun, but thanks for all who have voted already ;-)

Last edited:
Not to take even more time away from Bashir, could somebody who uses the system let me know if you supposed to wait for the 10 min bar to close and the stoch being crossed or do you already consider it a signal if the stoch crosses but still has time to uncross before that candlestick closes. I hope the question makes any sense.

Regards,
Stephan

+ votes for Bashir...

How do you set -3 on infinity chart./? minimum you can put 1. So I go to EMA and change lengs to -3 ?????
Thanks
Vit

In the length you put -3. I've just tried it and it works.

Well done Sebastian. I was up about 85 ticks before that chop and that trade we took together you got in 4ticks better than me, you got your +10. Your entry was 8529, mine 8525, I missed my +10 by 1tick and took a 20tick loss, whilst you got a breakeven.
So i ended up 45 ticks.

I found that when the moving averages are flat, especially 3min chart, is a clear sign to stay the hell out!

I think I will be trading on sim until january now. Very wise Bashir

Was up almost 80 ticks early in the day, then all hell broke loose and SUPER chopp u never seen before, just got chopped up and gave it all back and ended the day with
-60 ticks. I should have taken those 80 ticks and stayed away, but i never learn :frown

The funny this is that i decided i would trade sim today, so thank god that was only -60 sim money. I will trading sim tomorow as well tomorow, i had very good months and i dont want to give it all back on the last month .

December is known for being low volume spiky and sideways trading, alot of traders dont trade cause they are taking a early vacation for christmas.

I suggest anyone still new to trading, just sim trade until January, u dont want to get killed in this marked, preserve your money when marked are more calmer and easyer to trade.

I will be trading everyday, but on sim this month, as i will be tweaking and modifing the program, its a perfect marked conditions to test it, if it works well this month then it work well in any marked condition.

I must say sebastian ( Bapovs) really impressed me, he managed to get +90 ticks today, he was doing it the manually way, and he had alot more edg then me, i would do breakeven while he takes quick +10 +30 ticks. My hat goes of to him (y)

You all have sweet dreams and looking forward to seeing you all tomorow.
And thanks for the votes guys, crossing my finger :clap:

With kind regards
bashir naimy

Hi Bashir,

I have an adjusted profit taking strategy.
If my +10 is hit, my stop moves automatically to breakeven. So i've got a minimum profit of 10 ticks. I've had yesterday at least 6 trades were the plus 10 was hit and the other car was hit at breakeven. If i used the adjusted stop to -8 i only would have got 1 trade that could have brought me some more ticks.
I had only had one winner of +29 ticks. Today same strategy and hope it this will bring some money for me.

So you this afternoon Bashir and rest.

Regards,

Sebas

Well done Sebastian. I was up about 85 ticks before that chop and that trade we took together you got in 4ticks better than me, you got your +10. Your entry was 8529, mine 8525, I missed my +10 by 1tick and took a 20tick loss, whilst you got a breakeven.
So i ended up 45 ticks.

I found that when the moving averages are flat, especially 3min chart, is a clear sign to stay the hell out!

Hi Clickstra,

indeed i got lucky on that trade but you did overall very well...
And yes i've noticed also that the 3min chart has to be on your side and very clear, meaning enough spacing.

Looking forward to today.
See you in the chat Clickstra...

Regards,

Sebastian

Hi Bashir,

I have an adjusted profit taking strategy.
If my +10 is hit, my stop moves automatically to breakeven. So i've got a minimum profit of 10 ticks. I've had yesterday at least 6 trades were the plus 10 was hit and the other car was hit at breakeven. If i used the adjusted stop to -8 i only would have got 1 trade that could have brought me some more ticks.
I had only had one winner of +29 ticks. Today same strategy and hope it this will bring some money for me.

So you this afternoon Bashir and rest.

Regards,

Sebas

That is my sim setup in infinity also, but it means that when your +10 is hit, your stop is moved to where it's now only 10 ticks instead of 20, so you'll be stopped out quicker then with bashir's 18 point stop at that point. At least that's what i've found.

That is my sim setup in infinity also, but it means that when your +10 is hit, your stop is moved to where it's now only 10 ticks instead of 20, so you'll be stopped out quicker then with bashir's 18 point stop at that point. At least that's what i've found.

Yes that's right WillemDrees you will get stopped out earlier then the -18 with Bashir's profit strategy. But in these market conditions i think it's the best to get in and out as quick as possible considering the chop that is out there...
See you in the chat WD

Yes that's right WillemDrees you will get stopped out earlier then the -18 with Bashir's profit strategy. But in these market conditions i think it's the best to get in and out as quick as possible considering the chop that is out there...
See you in the chat WD

Well if can get in the market like you do, it's not a problem, but for some reason i always manage to buy at the peak of the candle or the trend even (n)

We can compare our settigs if you like. What kind of setup do you have?
I use SC with Ninja...

Maybe we can discuss this in the chat...

Not to take even more time away from Bashir, could somebody who uses the system let me know if you supposed to wait for the 10 min bar to close and the stoch being crossed or do you already consider it a signal if the stoch crosses but still has time to uncross before that candlestick closes. I hope the question makes any sense.

Regards,
Stephan

+ votes for Bashir...

Hi Stephan, you just wait for a 1min bar to close above the value of the 10mins ema.
No need to wait for the 10min bar to close above, that will take to long,but also make sure the stochastics is on you side as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

See you in the chat WD

You will get stopped out quicker, but i partly agree with you there sebastian, in this month i would go with that, so +10 and then breakeven at entry.

But thats up to each person to decide,so if you had 3 breakevens then thats +30 ticks.
With the -8 breakeven that would be 0,so clearly an advantage there, i will still stick to the -8 so far, as i am still testing.

Talk to you all later today in the room.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

So i ended up 45 ticks.

Hi . You put length -3 , and close it. but when you come back to it it shows 1.so it does not change to -3.
Vit

Hi Stephan, you just wait for a 1min bar to close above the value of the 10mins ema.
No need to wait for the 10min bar to close above, that will take to long,but also make sure the stochastics is on you side as well.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Last 2 days I was using 2 contracts and take profit at + 10 = 20 points. No more market orders always buy sell stop orders this way you anticipate move in your direction and if price retreats you don’t care., and if you have big move just keep reentering with +10. Did work well for me.
Vit

Well if can get in the market like you do, it's not a problem, but for some reason i always manage to buy at the peak of the candle or the trend even (n)

This is the same problem I'm having! I, like others in this thread, am just going to do sim trading most likely 'til the new year. It just so frustrating to pick all the trades right, then do a real one only to enter at the tip of a trend :(

Thanks guys :eek:

Gonna keep my fingers crossed, really looking forward to tomorows trading.
Will be very interesting to see how the marked acts, maybe we will get that rally everybody is talking about.

Should get some sleep now, dide a few changes to the program,should give use less fakes and better trades.

Talk to you all lovely people tomorow (y)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir .Do we need to change to YMH9 contract or YMZ8 still OK.IM getting this roll over message on infin.????
Vit.