Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hey m8, i am allready doing that, but thanks for the headsup (y)

I am always looking for improvments, its a obsession,so far havent found any
diamonds yett, hopefully will do so soon :cheesy:

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

I wasn't referring to you because you have already figured it out. Now we have to it. :)
So this message was to all traders who are looking for a strong and steady strategy. :cool:

Thanks for the summary of your trading idea! :clap:
See you later in the chatroom!

Bashir,

Thanks for this great summary. That'[s what I was looking for.

What I wanted to ask you, from your personal view, do you believe that a trading signal becomes stronger, or more validated if, lets say, the stochastics in different timeframes point in the same direction?

Regards,
Stephan

My entire trading philosophy, is based on this :D
So yes, i do belive that the trading signal is stronger and more valid when more stochastics on different timeframes are in lines with eachother.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

Can you confirm that the 1 min stochs do not have to be on your side when you enter a trade?

When you first posted this method, you later mentioned that 1 min should be on your side also.

Cheers

1 min needs to be on your side whe you go marked, when doing a retracement to the 10ema on the 1min chart, then 1min is always against you, but that is okey as long as 10min and 3min is with you.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

What is the trouble with the chat room? When I try to register I get an INVALID COUNTRY message...

There is no trouble there, might be some other reason u might be getting the error ?

Im in the room at the moment and everything is working, try getting the newest java version first.

link to the room:

Chat Groups Paltalk

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I was hunting for a system to trade the YM and landed upon your thread. My eyes literally popped out on seeing 906 replies and 44,251 views. I spent over six hours going thru almost all the pages of this thread and what amazed me more than your trading system was your spirit of sharing.

You indeed have tremendous patience and dedication to answer each and every query satisfactorily. Your dedication & commitment to helping fellow traders to emulate your success is commendable & very inspiring indeed. Hats off to you Bashir, it’s indeed a treat to find a successful trader of your caliber, willing to share your trading system without charging a penny for it.

I have my small food of thought to add on your brilliant system, though I have yet to try your system, I sincerely believe your trading system has great potential. You seriously ought to consider packaging & making it into an marketable product.

Your winning trading system already has a great following here, so I am sure getting testimonials, feedback and any kind of support should be a breeze. So, as your signature rightfully says, all it need is the “Freedom of the Mind”

Give it a thought, for all you know you could be sitting on another gold mine. The same thought could also be extended to the automation you are attempting. Check out Automated Trading Championship 2008, for some inspiration.

Automated Trading Championship 2008

If you decide to go for it, all your fans here, can pretty much guess who the winner of the Championship 2009 could be.

Cheers

Amar.

Hi Bashir,

I have noticed that being above or below the 10ema on the 10min (and 30min) keep you from getting into a seemingly good trade early when all other rules are green. By the time price is above or below these 10ema's on these longer term charts often (for smaller moves) you have given it half away before entering.

Do these longer term chart ema's keep you from getting chopped up or do you think the 10min chart could become a 5min chart with a 10ema allowing you to get into trade earlier and lock in your +10? Or is this too risky in your opinion?

Last edited:
I was hunting for a system to trade the YM and landed upon your thread. My eyes literally popped out on seeing 906 replies and 44,251 views. I spent over six hours going thru almost all the pages of this thread and what amazed me more than your trading system was your spirit of sharing.

You indeed have tremendous patience and dedication to answer each and every query satisfactorily. Your dedication & commitment to helping fellow traders to emulate your success is commendable & very inspiring indeed. Hats off to you Bashir, it’s indeed a treat to find a successful trader of your caliber, willing to share your trading system without charging a penny for it.

I have my small food of thought to add on your brilliant system, though I have yet to try your system, I sincerely believe your trading system has great potential. You seriously ought to consider packaging & making it into an marketable product.

Your winning trading system already has a great following here, so I am sure getting testimonials, feedback and any kind of support should be a breeze. So, as your signature rightfully says, all it need is the “Freedom of the Mind”

Give it a thought, for all you know you could be sitting on another gold mine. The same thought could also be extended to the automation you are attempting. Check out Automated Trading Championship 2008, for some inspiration.

Automated Trading Championship 2008

If you decide to go for it, all your fans here, can pretty much guess who the winner of the Championship 2009 could be.

Cheers

Amar.
Hi Amar,thank you for those very kind words, i try to do my best ;)

When it comes to packaging this into a marketable product is something i might thing of in the near future, i have made another system that basicly easyer for a computer to understand, the method witht the 4 charts is easy for a human brain to decode and just take trades from that. But setting rules for entry and exit for that on a pc will be a struggle, thats why i am actucaly working on a system at this moment, that i am actualy testing on my live account and still making minor changes to it as i see pitfalls emerge.

So far its performing very well and made me around 91 ticks after commision, trading only 2 contracts. And this was not a really good day.But last week it averaged around 300 ticks pr day :D

I am thinking how i can actualy repackage this, first i need to finish the program, but packaging it will be a struggle for me. I might contact a programer that can do that part for me. And basicly make have a build in API so it can be used to trade with the major brokerages.What sort of payment options , i dont have a clue and dont have a clue about pricing, never been the marketing type.

But we will see, right now im still in th testing area, might give a few lucky beta testers some free copies when its done :D wink wink with a timebases lock. But i will look into that competition that you linked me to, sounds very interesting.

But so far i will consentrate on the trading part, and help around in the room at the moment, but thanks for those encoureging words Amar.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

I have noticed that being above or below the 10ema on the 10min (and 30min) keep you from getting into a seemingly good trade early when all other rules are green. By the time price is above or below these 10ema's on these longer term charts often (for smaller moves) you have given it half away before entering.

Do these longer term chart ema's keep you from getting chopped up or do you think the 10min chart could become a 5min chart with a 10ema allowing you to get into trade earlier and lock in your +10? Or is this too risky in your opinion?

I will suggest youi keep the 10min, there is a reason i have choosen the 10min and not a 15 or 5min. There is a system to it.

1min x 3 = 3min
3min x3 = 10min(9 is not round so 10 is used)
10min x 3 = 30min

YOu see the relationship there?
This helps to smooth the price out and give you a better idea of where price is going.
If there was not symetry on the times , this would not work that well as it is doing.

U can experiment with 5min if you like, but i strongly recommend you use 10min+3min+1min and 30min.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

Its all about low risk santana .. bashirs system might not pick the absolutes, but he also doesnt lose :clap:

How did you manage to get 26 trades like you said in the chat?
By not waiting for the 30m/10m ema's?

Ended with 40 transaction (20 round turns). Took some of my own as well based on supp/resist and breakouts.

Will reel it in for tomorrow and stick to the system exclusively.

Hi Bashir,

Well done! A real simple strategy beautifully described and refined. I have just finished going over every page and loved the evolution of the strategy to its current form.

One thing I'd be careful about is getting sidetracked to marketing this. You are a natural trader, believe me marketing or anything other than trading will dilute your focus.

I believe your chat room will really get your skills refined and those of us who want to master your concepts, give us the opportunity to really get that aha moment of realization.

I would be most interested to know if you have calculated the Profit Factor for your live trades? I find it a very telling figure about the robustness of a stratey. Over 2.0 and you have a strategy that compounds like bunny rabbits!

Thanks for your generous offerings and I look forward to following your growth. I hope to start trading your strategy next week so will let you know how I fare.

Thanks

SC + Infinity

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a simple automated system in Sierra using Infinity.

Basically, I'm trying to set up a Turtle trading system (just as a test, since it's much simpler to implement than your latest method)

The Buy signals would not execute, so I contacted Sierra and they said:
"Infinity does not support trading from Sierra Chart, unless you have special approval from them."

So I contacted Infinity and got the following:
"We will not activate that feature because Sierra will not be held responsible for any issues that may arise. So this feature is not available. We do not encourage trading from the charts anyway, as it slows down execution. "

Bashir, did u have similar problems?

TRADING METHOD********************************************************
What you need is the following:

1: 1minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics
2: 3minchart with 10ema + Normal slow stochastics+Normal Macd with 12,26,4 settings
3: 10minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics
4: 30minchart with 10ema+Normal slow stochastics

Rules that never can be broken :

1:Always have the 3min on your side and the macd on yourside, it needs to be going up
when thinking long and needs to be going down when short.
2:Always have the 10min on your side ALWAYSSSS
3:And prefer having the 30min on your side, if 30min is on your side then go normal or many contracts. If you its against you, go normal and dont expect the move to have more then 2 trades in it.

When do i go short:

1:When price is below all the moving aveages, that means price needs to be below
1min charts 10ema +3min charts 10ema + 30min chart ema + 10min charts 10ema and the 3min macd is on yourside.
2:Then go short at marked when when the first 1min bar closes below the last ema.
If the 1min is oversold by the time you want to go marked, let the price break the last
ema and then do a retracement on the 1min charts 10ema.
Just make sure that 3min charts stoch and the 10min charts stoch is on your side
and the 3min macd

Where do i cover:

1:First of all, use a 20tick stop.
2:Take first target at +10 and then move stop to -8 behind entry.
3:Then trail the last contract until the 3min macd starts crossing back up.
This will make you get much much higher targets and ur risk reward will most likely be
1/3 or higher.

Whenever price reached round numbers like 8400 or 8000 or 8200 then consider not doing any trades and wait for it to either break or bounce back up.

Note:
Before you start trading make sure you get a overview of what news are coming out and
when they are announced, you dont wanna get caught in a trade when news are hiting the marked.And also write down keysupport levels from the daybefore, or from the premarked. That will help you stay outfrom dangerouse areas where the bulls and the bears will be fighing it out, wait for the winning side and then ride on their backs,you dont want to take a part on their fight, they are have bigger pockets and they will eat you up ;)

END OF METHOD***********************************************************

If anyone have any question or ideas, then let me know and i will try to answear them, remember no question is to dumb, not asking is :smart:

Best of luck to everyone for tomorows trading (y)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,
First, I would like to thank you for detailing your trading methodology and more importantly, the thought process behind this strategey. I have read all of the posts and been following this thread for quite some time. As I read your most recent system, however, I noticed major changes and a great simplification to the overall rules. That begs the question as to what was the impetus for change? If I could beg some more of your time, would you be so kind as to answer the following?

- If you were running a strictly manual system, which of your methodologies would you utilize if your main objective was to maximize your profits? I ask this because your last strategy differed so much from the previous ones that I thought it may have been implemented to assist with some of the individuals who had questions, eliminate the Wilder's average since some did not have this and make it easier to automate. If this newest method is truly the highest profit making of all then that is great.

- For the new method, your rules were not as detailed and I wanted to ensure I understood these rules. Are you still requiring price to be above the 10 ema for all charts on going long? Are you still saying that the charts are with you when the stochastics have crossed, or do they actually need to be headed in the direction your trade; ie, up for long and down for short?

- You have mentioned that you still utilize the ema or GMMA in your strategies. Have you changed this methodology at all? Is it strictly for timing your exits?

Thank you for your detailed explanations. I am truly grateful.

ez :)

Hi all,
I'm trying to set up a simple automated system in Sierra using Infinity.

Basically, I'm trying to set up a Turtle trading system (just as a test, since it's much simpler to implement than your latest method)

The Buy signals would not execute, so I contacted Sierra and they said:
"Infinity does not support trading from Sierra Chart, unless you have special approval from them."

So I contacted Infinity and got the following:
"We will not activate that feature because Sierra will not be held responsible for any issues that may arise. So this feature is not available. We do not encourage trading from the charts anyway, as it slows down execution. "

Bashir, did u have similar problems?

Now thats the most weirdest reply u got from them, they do support it and trading from charts is not slow to begin with , and they being held responsible is just bs, cause u allready agree to a 100000 page disclaimer that says they cant be held responsible.

Dide you turn of your simulator before you tryed to trade it that way?
You also need to check the "send orders to the ordersystem" in your workbook as well.

Ifind this very misteriouse!

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy