Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Thanks Bashir, that seemed to work.

Do you keep the start time and end time the same on all of your charts (even the ones that don't have pivots)? I notice this cancels out the evening session trading data. Do the evening data's support and resistance level have less significance during regular market hours?

Also on that same chart settings page should load weekend data be checked? It it checked on my software as a default it seems.

Will you be releasing your new video and rules still?

Hi santana, it seems that evening sessions are of little importence to when it comes to calculating the pivots. But if you do that changes as i wrote,those changes will aply to all the chart.THe charts that dont have pivots will not be affected, only the charts with the pivots,so dont worrie about that.

Since the evening session is mostly low volume , and most move dont at that time seems to be of little significance, marked always seem to correct it self when it opens again.

I am also making some significant changes to the methos that i will make a video of, and also have writen rules added in a word file.

Will have that done soon, will most likely post it this weekend, been pretty busy with alot of other stuff lately.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Marked was just incredible, thos who did not trade the lunchtime dide do great, there was many good trades after 14:00 usa central time. And at that time, price was alittle calmer and had a direction.

But morning session was just awefull, if you where not carefull you would have been nailed to the wall.

I was just looking atthe marked and shaking my head this morning, was just garbage.
Pivots right below and alot of techincal support above on the ES as well, so just garbage,until price later int the day broke away.

I hope everybody dide not loose their ****s today, cause price action required really big stops, i was trading with 20 ticks, and got stopped once, but 20ticks at that time was nothing, just noice.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

pivot points

Marked was just incredible, thos who did not trade the lunchtime dide do great, there was many good trades after 14:00 usa central time. And at that time, price was alittle calmer and had a direction.

But morning session was just awefull, if you where not carefull you would have been nailed to the wall.

I was just looking atthe marked and shaking my head this morning, was just garbage.
Pivots right below and alot of techincal support above on the ES as well, so just garbage,until price later int the day broke away.

I hope everybody dide not loose their ****s today, cause price action required really big stops, i was trading with 20 ticks, and got stopped once, but 20ticks at that time was nothing, just noice.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I just checked my pivots against pivots for the YMZ8 listed online using 4 different formulas and the ones Sierra Charts is showing still don't match up at all with what is listed online for Nov.20 (even after making the changed to the start and end times you mentioned previously).

For instance:
my S1: 7868
online S1: 7833

my S2: 7756
online S2: 7638

my S3: 7542

If you have a chance can you tell me what your pivots say for Nov.20 trading day? Want to make sure Sierra Charts' tool is not calculating things in a stranfe manner.

Here are some other pivots I found online as well:

Daily Pivots for day following 20-Nov-2008

Classic Woodie Camarilla DeMark
R4 9828 9363 7875
R3 9122 8657 7681
R2 8416 8416 7616
R1 7951 7951 7552 7831
PP 7710 7710 7710 7649
S1 7245 7245 7422 7125
S2 7004 7004 7358
S3 6298 6539 7293
S4 5592 5833 7099

I just checked my pivots against pivots for the YMZ8 listed online using 4 different formulas and the ones Sierra Charts is showing still don't match up at all with what is listed online for Nov.20 (even after making the changed to the start and end times you mentioned previously).

For instance:
my S1: 7868
online S1: 7833

my S2: 7756
online S2: 7638

my S3: 7542

If you have a chance can you tell me what your pivots say for Nov.20 trading day? Want to make sure Sierra Charts' tool is not calculating things in a stranfe manner.

Hmm this seems to be weird,it seems like the pivots online have changed since i checked 5min before marked opened.

My PP (daily pivot ) was early morning at Emini Day Trading was 8164 and now its changed to 7710.

I think they might have updated it because of the session trading maybe ?
I dont know right now, but i know that the pivots i am now using are definilty places of support and resistance. So i am pretty sure that they are right.

On my chart i have these numbers:

r1:8359
pp:8164
s1:7833

If you have a look at those numbers and check them on the charts, you will find that those lines where places of support and resistacen.

Maybe someoneelse have some more insight into this ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

pivots

Hmm this seems to be weird,it seems like the pivots online have changed since i checked 5min before marked opened.

My PP (daily pivot ) was early morning at Emini Day Trading was 8164 and now its changed to 7710.

I think they might have updated it because of the session trading maybe ?
I dont know right now, but i know that the pivots i am now using are definilty places of support and resistance. So i am pretty sure that they are right.

On my chart i have these numbers:

r1:8359
pp:8164
s1:7833

If you have a look at those numbers and check them on the charts, you will find that those lines where places of support and resistacen.

Maybe someoneelse have some more insight into this ?

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

I think yours are correct Bashir. I just checked Thinkorswim's platform and their pivot point study shows your numbers too.

I was entering 09:30:00 to 16:29:59 for my start and end time when I should have entered 06:30:00 to 13:29:59 because I am Pacific time (3 hours ahead of NY). Once I entered those numbers the pivots matched yours.

It seems that you have to adjust the start and end times independently for each chart you have up on your screen though. There is not a global time adjustment feature as far as I can tell. Therefore the 2 charts I have showing pivots don't display overnight trading data while the remaining 4 charts without pivots display overnight+regular trading session data.

Do you allow your charts to display the overnight trading session's data as well or just the regular 9:30am-4:30pm trading session?

Last edited:
Sunnywan,

Mate yes thats the futures contract I am backtesting. (y) Using the 10 point PT SL/TP while setting my SL at BE when the trade moves 5 points in my favour. I have generated an 80% strike rate including B/E (The reason I include B/E is if i was trading more contacts I would sell 1 at the 50% waypoint of my target, thus making it profitable no matter what). This is over 7 weeks of live replayed data.

In regards to you question of a 10 point target being a stretch... it all depends on my ATR indicator. when the indicator is around 1-6 I am quite hesitant to trade because it is generally choppy slop. However this is not always the case and If i see a good pattern emerging then I would consider dropping my SL/TP to 5 if my ATR indicator is at 1-6.

:!: note that I have made 1 major modification of Bashirs system and that is my stoch is at 5,3,3. I find that It works better in this particular future contract as it creates fewer false signals. I believe it is important to adjust where you see fit if you are using bashirs system on a different market. I have used his system as a base and have evolved it into my own through backtesting... basically seeing what is working and whats not and making adjustments.

Before I commit on a European market for live trading I also want to backtest the Bund Bobl & Schatz. As the the market hours are practically the same which suit my schedule.

Hope this helped you out Sunnywan.

Cheers
JWG

JWG, Wondering if you can help out, I also would like to trade the Eurostoxx50 as its in my time zone Victoria but I cannot get the symbol to work with Sierra, if you are using sierra which package are you able to get the FESX on

JWG, Wondering if you can help out, I also would like to trade the Eurostoxx50 as its in my time zone Victoria but I cannot get the symbol to work with Sierra, if you are using sierra which package are you able to get the FESX on

Hey mate you need to sign up with a broker to get a feed. I recommend Infinity Futures... you can download their platform for 30 days for free... this includes the data feed. Infinity Futures

Then all you do is nominate infinity as your data in the sierra charts settings and your away. the symbol for the DJ Euro Stoxx 50 is FESXZ8

Cheers
JWG

Last edited:
Hi every one . At present time I use IB (interactive brokers) for trading.
Does any body know any advantage of Infinity Futures over IB.
THANKS
Funny only Bashir has his real picture here , the rest of as hiding//???
Thank Bashir for your patience with as.
Vit.

Hi,

I also use IB and would be interested in this as well. The infinity futures website manages to literally contain no information on their service! My view at the moment though is that IB has cheaper commissions and offers access to more markets - however, if any of you are making enough to pay tax on your trading earning then you should check FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage - they apparently offer a great service and its tax free

I have read the file you sendt me , its alot clearer and well writen.

I am currently working on a modified version of the last trading method, its the same in the basics, but there are a few good changes there, and i have also added another a indicator that is called Volume value areas lines.Its basicly 3 lines on your 3min chart and will tell you where most ofthe traddes where done.ANd that will provide a very powrfull way of trading and will give you a better idea when price breaking out and when you can expect bigger moves and when its safe to trade or not.

I will explain all this in a video with modified rules.

It will give the same amout of trades and, make sure you dont get caught in areas where price seems to chopp or turn around.Will post it this week.

If you could then review my rules and make them more understandable, then that would be very kind of you.

With kind regards
Bashir NAimy

Thanks for checking it out.

I'll check your upcoming post this week, if necessary, i'll make some adjustments...

Regards,

Sebastian

ps: can you tell me, what i wrote in red, in the document i've sent you, were i have to look for? It was not clear to me...

Last edited:
Hi,

I also use IB and would be interested in this as well. The infinity futures website manages to literally contain no information on their service! My view at the moment though is that IB has cheaper commissions and offers access to more markets - however, if any of you are making enough to pay tax on your trading earning then you should check FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage - they apparently offer a great service and its tax free

As from this week i have a trial for Sierracharts and must say it is a really comprehensive piece of software. It is connected with my IB and it works great. The data from IB is reliable and without lags, which is very important these days...

I think yours are correct Bashir. I just checked Thinkorswim's platform and their pivot point study shows your numbers too.

I was entering 09:30:00 to 16:29:59 for my start and end time when I should have entered 06:30:00 to 13:29:59 because I am Pacific time (3 hours ahead of NY). Once I entered those numbers the pivots matched yours.

It seems that you have to adjust the start and end times independently for each chart you have up on your screen though. There is not a global time adjustment feature as far as I can tell. Therefore the 2 charts I have showing pivots don't display overnight trading data while the remaining 4 charts without pivots display overnight+regular trading session data.

Do you allow your charts to display the overnight trading session's data as well or just the regular 9:30am-4:30pm trading session?

Great to hear that it correct now , i let my charts show me the evening sessions as well.
Never bothered to removed it, just like to have a complete picture ;)

I almost forgot to mention that the timezone also was importent, was up late last night..so not thinking straight :LOL:

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

Thanks Bashir, that seemed to work.

Do you keep the start time and end time the same on all of your charts (even the ones that don't have pivots)? I notice this cancels out the evening session trading data. Do the evening data's support and resistance level have less significance during regular market hours?

Also on that same chart settings page should load weekend data be checked? It it checked on my software as a default it seems.

Will you be releasing your new video and rules still?

I found the right settings for the pivots.

Do the following and u should b pretty close to get them right :

Start time: 09:30
End time : 16:15

ALso use the evening session :

Start: 18:00
End :09:29:59

That should brig you a few ticks away from the correct pivot, i checked it and im gettig now 7720

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Santana. Looks like you have think or swim platform. I use their charting soft. Works good for me .Do you find sierra charts more advance if yes in what way?
Thanks.
Vit.

As from this week i have a trial for Sierracharts and must say it is a really comprehensive piece of software. It is connected with my IB and it works great. The data from IB is reliable and without lags, which is very important these days...

Hi Bapovs, can you do back testing on Sierra ch. with IB data.?
Vit.

I found the right settings for the pivots.

Do the following and u should b pretty close to get them right :

Start time: 09:30
End time : 16:15

ALso use the evening session :

Start: 18:00
End :09:29:59

That should brig you a few ticks away from the correct pivot, i checked it and im gettig now 7720

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Excellent, thanks for the tip Bashir!

What kind of stops are you using now with the VIX near 80? Or are you just papertrading?

Excellent, thanks for the tip Bashir!

What kind of stops are you using now with the VIX near 80? Or are you just papertrading?

Im still using 20tick stops, im trying to get 1 or 2 trades done pretty early when marked opens, that way i can get few ticks before marked volume pics up,after lunchtime i just papertrade since the vix and teh volume is just to volatile.

Dide two trade today and got 80 tickstoday, so was happy withthat.

So when the vix is very high, just trade the morning session and then paper trade after that, i recommend stop trading at 11:15, sees, after that the volume is usualy high and price movment is very fast.

I had one trade and i got fille and got my target under 1 sec, that was just wild movment.Im glad my platform is fast though ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Tos

Hi Santana. Looks like you have think or swim platform. I use their charting soft. Works good for me .Do you find sierra charts more advance if yes in what way?
Thanks.
Vit.

Hi Vit,

I primarily used TOS because I have a Mac computer and they were one of the few platforms that had compatibility. They have a very robust platform with free, real time charts on every market (futures, currencies, stocks, etc.) which is very hard to beat. I really like their set up a lot and I would say it's a lot easier to learn to use than Sierra Charts which is very jumbled up in comparison.

The down side to TOS is two fold. First their platform is not really designed for scalping or trading quickly when necessary. They just added a DOM so that helps things but you can't place multi-bracket orders with their DOM which is necessary with Bashir's system.

The second issue is that their commissions for futures are quite high at $7/round turn. Additionally they have high intraday margins ($5K+/ES) unless you have at least $15K in your account and then it drops margins to 50% (still high).

You could easily trade with InfinityAT's platform and use the TOS charts but if you didn't ever trade with TOS I don't think they would allow you indefinite access to their data. Although you can try. You just need to open an account with them but you don't have to deposit funds to use their papermoney trading setup which is identical to their actual setup.

Im still using 20tick stops, im trying to get 1 or 2 trades done pretty early when marked opens, that way i can get few ticks before marked volume pics up,after lunchtime i just papertrade since the vix and teh volume is just to volatile.

Dide two trade today and got 80 tickstoday, so was happy withthat.

So when the vix is very high, just trade the morning session and then paper trade after that, i recommend stop trading at 11:15, sees, after that the volume is usualy high and price movment is very fast.

I had one trade and i got fille and got my target under 1 sec, that was just wild movment.Im glad my platform is fast though ;)

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

What 2 trades did you take out of curiosity?

Also at around 10:10 (NY time) do you show your 10min up or down?