Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi santana, i am not refering to the 20ema on the 1min, if you read carefully i wrote wait for the last 20ema to be broken.There is no 20ema on a 1min at all its a 15ema there. You have to excuse me if i was not clear there .

Ill try to explain again.

First before looking to go short, wait for price to break the last 20ema, by that i mean that all the 20ema on all charts must have be broken before you are allowed to think short. So 20ema on the 3min+10min+5min+30min must be broken before you are allowed to think short.

When that is done, you look at your 1min chart and wait for a 1min bar to close below that last 20ema that was broken.

When that is done, then look at your 89TICK chart, by that time the 15ema on that chart is allready broken, so what you wait for is price to do a pullback to the that same 15ema line on the 89TICK chart.

You can put a sellstop 5ticks below it, that way you fill get that short.
ALways make sure the 1min is with you when doing this, when the 1min is going back up, then you can do your normal pullback to the 15ema on the 1min chart.

You are allowed to take a short to the 50ema if the 10 is down and 30 is up and 3 is up.
Only thing is that you must make sure that by the time you get your 50ema pullback , then be carefull and make sure the 10min is still with you, if you see that the 10min is going up while you are waiting forthe retracemtn, then you are not allowed to take that trade, most likely it will break above and marked will find a different direction.

I hope this was understandeble, if not let me know and i will try to add a little video to illustrate this .

And yes, after the first quick scalp you do the second normal retracment trade as you would normaly do.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

I understand now Bashir, thanks for the patience.

Quick question about a Sierra Charts setting called Chart Update Interval in Milliseconds. It defaults to 900 milliseconds but you can make it even faster at the expense of using more CPU resources. What should this setting be for trading your system with InfinityAT's platform? Is 900 milliseconds fast enough?

I understand now Bashir, thanks for the patience.

Quick question about a Sierra Charts setting called Chart Update Interval in Milliseconds. It defaults to 900 milliseconds but you can make it even faster at the expense of using more CPU resources. What should this setting be for trading your system with InfinityAT's platform? Is 900 milliseconds fast enough?

I have changed min to 400ms, does not use that much more cpu, but i recommend 400ms. As it will update faster and follow price more correcly.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

pivot points

I have changed min to 400ms, does not use that much more cpu, but i recommend 400ms. As it will update faster and follow price more correcly.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Also how do you srt up your pivot points study in Sierra Charts? There are 2 options: daily and variable.

It says use the daily for intraday charts but there are som many additional pivots and some of them don't match up to my other charting software so I'm not sure how the default daily pivots are being calculated on Sierra Charts.

The market I have been back testing is the DJ EURO STOXX 50.

First up I base my stop on the ATR - 5min, 6 period SMA. The rules I use (updated from my previous post) are ATR between 1 to 16 use a 10 tick stop. Anything over 16 I do not trade as the risk of getting stopped out is too great. The ATR generally sits around 10 so this is my SL & TP. I want to achieve 1/1. Now I dont have a big account so I only trade 1 contact. However I treat the trade as if i were trading 2 contacts. For example my target is always 10 ticks but when the trade is 5 ticks in my favour I tighten my SL to break even (not including fees... i need to give the trade some room) then i will exit if it reverses or take the full 10 ticks profit if it continues.

Now 10 ticks (calculated in Euro's) is around $125.00 USD (not incl commish) Which is around 2.5% of $5000USD capital. So this is the maximum I would suggest risking for every $5000USD. For every $5000USD you have in additional capital you can increase the contract amount. Thus allowing for a more strategic profit taking formula.

Thanks for your post. Interested in this as the time zone is abit closer to home.

Are you using the futures with symbol FESXZ8? How has you back testing/trading been like using a 10 point PT/SL?

I like your strategy using the one contract. From some quick observations for the FESXZ8, 10 points PT (profit target) seems quite a stretch (ie, there are cases it would not reach 10 points before pulling back)...so not sure if I've got the correct futures symbol.

Any observations from either paper trading/actual trading/back testing greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Questions

Hi Bashir,

Thanks for all your efforts!

I have a couple of questions on the system:

1. When you look at the slow stochastics to see if it's hooking up/down, do you look at the %K or the %D line?

2. For retracements, sometimes the 15 EMA is not the first support/resistance to be reached on the 1 minute. I think you mentioned in one of the videos that you trade on the 1st resistance, even if it is not the 15 EMA. could you confirm that? Also, if you're waiting for the 2nd resistance, does it have to be the 50 EMA.

You mentioned you'd try out using trailing stops on Infinity for the second target. did you have any luck?

Thanks!

I know, its crazy. Yesterday I ran a calculation for average bar height (taking an average over 20 bars) and at its highest it hit 35 ticks. This shows that even with generous stops you are probably going to hit your target/stop loss within 1 bar - you might as well just toss a coin!

Good evening Bashir,

No offense but i made some adjustements to your final rules so it's more clear for me.:cheesy:
Maybe you can find some time to read this and make some corrections? I would really appreciate it. You're a great contribution for alot of traders.

Is it possible to have your emailaddress? It is impossible to upload this word document...

Im busy trading in this crazy maked, up 133 ticks so far.

Been super volatile, i will reply you all when im don trading.
My email is [email protected]

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi every one . At present time I use IB (interactive brokers) for trading.
Does any body know any advantage of Infinity Futures over IB.
THANKS
Funny only Bashir has his real picture here , the rest of as hiding//???
Thank Bashir for your patience with as.
Vit.

Thanks for your post. Interested in this as the time zone is abit closer to home.

Are you using the futures with symbol FESXZ8? How has you back testing/trading been like using a 10 point PT/SL?

I like your strategy using the one contract. From some quick observations for the FESXZ8, 10 points PT (profit target) seems quite a stretch (ie, there are cases it would not reach 10 points before pulling back)...so not sure if I've got the correct futures symbol.

Any observations from either paper trading/actual trading/back testing greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sunnywan,

Mate yes thats the futures contract I am backtesting. (y) Using the 10 point PT SL/TP while setting my SL at BE when the trade moves 5 points in my favour. I have generated an 80% strike rate including B/E (The reason I include B/E is if i was trading more contacts I would sell 1 at the 50% waypoint of my target, thus making it profitable no matter what). This is over 7 weeks of live replayed data.

In regards to you question of a 10 point target being a stretch... it all depends on my ATR indicator. when the indicator is around 1-6 I am quite hesitant to trade because it is generally choppy slop. However this is not always the case and If i see a good pattern emerging then I would consider dropping my SL/TP to 5 if my ATR indicator is at 1-6.

:!: note that I have made 1 major modification of Bashirs system and that is my stoch is at 5,3,3. I find that It works better in this particular future contract as it creates fewer false signals. I believe it is important to adjust where you see fit if you are using bashirs system on a different market. I have used his system as a base and have evolved it into my own through backtesting... basically seeing what is working and whats not and making adjustments.

Before I commit on a European market for live trading I also want to backtest the Bund Bobl & Schatz. As the the market hours are practically the same which suit my schedule.

Hope this helped you out Sunnywan.

Cheers
JWG

Hi every one . At present time I use IB (interactive brokers) for trading.
Does any body know any advantage of Infinity Futures over IB.
THANKS
Funny only Bashir has his real picture here , the rest of as hiding//???
Thank Bashir for your patience with as.
Vit.

er... how do you know its Bashirs real picture? :cheesy:

No offence Bashir, but just being cynical :LOL:

er... how do you know its Bashirs real picture? :cheesy:

No offence Bashir, but just being cynical :LOL:

He he :LOL:

Nah, thats is me of course in the picture :D
I can upload another one with a big smile ;)

Withkind regards
Bashir Naimy

Also how do you srt up your pivot points study in Sierra Charts? There are 2 options: daily and variable.

It says use the daily for intraday charts but there are som many additional pivots and some of them don't match up to my other charting software so I'm not sure how the default daily pivots are being calculated on Sierra Charts.

I have also experienced this and a friend of my told me about a solution.

Do the following and you will get correct numbers.

1:press F5
2:Now you are in the chart settings.
3:Find the place where it sayes "Start time"
3:Write 09:30:00 there instead
4:Then go to End time.
5:Write 16:29:59

Make sure the evening session that is optionel is not turned one.

Then press ok and your pivots should be pretty correct :D

Hope this helps.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

Thanks for all your efforts!

I have a couple of questions on the system:

1. When you look at the slow stochastics to see if it's hooking up/down, do you look at the %K or the %D line?

2. For retracements, sometimes the 15 EMA is not the first support/resistance to be reached on the 1 minute. I think you mentioned in one of the videos that you trade on the 1st resistance, even if it is not the 15 EMA. could you confirm that? Also, if you're waiting for the 2nd resistance, does it have to be the 50 EMA.

You mentioned you'd try out using trailing stops on Infinity for the second target. did you have any luck?

Thanks!

That is correct, sometime there is another resistance before you the 15ema is reached on the pullback.Most of the time its usualy the 20ema on eather of the charts that can sometimes be there before the 15ema is reached.

When waiting for my second resistance, it is most of the times the 50ema, but if there another resistacen before that is reached i would also take it long at the another support level.

I dide try out trailing stops, but since the marked is going up and down in short burst these days i dont see to have that much with it, i might be to inpatience, but it does not suit my trading style, you might be better with it, but i dont like it. I like to get my profits and be out as soon as possible, less risk of giving the ticks back.

When i look at my stochastics, i just want to see if the two lines are crossed or not , i dont care about the %k %d .I base my trades of the crossing of the lines, not what those two variables are at.

I hope this helps.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bashir, that seemed to work.

Do you keep the start time and end time the same on all of your charts (even the ones that don't have pivots)? I notice this cancels out the evening session trading data. Do the evening data's support and resistance level have less significance during regular market hours?

Also on that same chart settings page should load weekend data be checked? It it checked on my software as a default it seems.

Will you be releasing your new video and rules still?

Good evening Bashir,

No offense but i made some adjustements to your final rules so it's more clear for me.:cheesy:
Maybe you can find some time to read this and make some corrections? I would really appreciate it. You're a great contribution for alot of traders.

Is it possible to have your emailaddress? It is impossible to upload this word document...

I have read the file you sendt me , its alot clearer and well writen.

I am currently working on a modified version of the last trading method, its the same in the basics, but there are a few good changes there, and i have also added another a indicator that is called Volume value areas lines.Its basicly 3 lines on your 3min chart and will tell you where most ofthe traddes where done.ANd that will provide a very powrfull way of trading and will give you a better idea when price breaking out and when you can expect bigger moves and when its safe to trade or not.

I will explain all this in a video with modified rules.

It will give the same amout of trades and, make sure you dont get caught in areas where price seems to chopp or turn around.Will post it this week.

If you could then review my rules and make them more understandable, then that would be very kind of you.

With kind regards
Bashir NAimy