Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

thanks to bnaimy for this system,
anyone implemented on forex. eur/usd specifically?

I'm trying this out on GBPUSD as well as EURUSD. Results so far seem positive but think a few of the settings will need adapting. Im currently trying profit targets of 25-30 pips and also trying it on 5m chart instead of a 1m (but leaving all the stochastics the same).

I'm really liking this strategy . . .

Is anyone in this trade right now - nearly perfect no?

edit - attached screenshot

Attachments

• Trades 13th Nov.JPG
    Trades 13th Nov.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:
I'm trying this out on GBPUSD as well as EURUSD. Results so far seem positive but think a few of the settings will need adapting. Im currently trying profit targets of 25-30 pips and also trying it on 5m chart instead of a 1m (but leaving all the stochastics the same).

I'm really liking this strategy . . .

Hi Spinalwiz

I’m tracking it in Soybeans and it seems to be holding up well here too and also in Gold !

These single item instruments like the Ags, Gold, Crude and Forex etc. tend to trend better than the indices which are fading type markets because of their multi components.
But hey whatever you’re used to trading !!!!! If it works go with it………….

Best
Tony

First retracemnt that worked now, i think my slow stochastics is dynamic, cause it constantly movin, some people's stoch move ever 10min if its a10min chart, my seems to move around even if the 10min cycle is not done.

I dont know why its like that, maybe someone here can explain.

From what i look at my chart the 30min was going up.

I have attacheda pic, please have a look there.

With regards
Bashir NAimy

Bashir,

I am guessing there must be few random spikes in the last few minutes, may be thats why it distorted the averages ? what do u think?

joker

Hi Spinalwiz

I’m tracking it in Soybeans and it seems to be holding up well here too and also in Gold !

These single item instruments like the Ags, Gold, Crude and Forex etc. tend to trend better than the indices which are fading type markets because of their multi components.
But hey whatever you’re used to trading !!!!! If it works go with it………….

Best
Tony

And recently they've been following the DOW's lead so you get a bit of a heads up as to what direction they might take.

Bashir,

I am guessing there must be few random spikes in the last few minutes, may be thats why it distorted the averages ? what do u think?

joker

That might be it, i honestly dont know.

Right now i am on the sidelines, the stops are to huge now and i dont fell comfy right now, think ill just watch the rest of the day and trade it on my simulator account.
Hopefully next week the vix will go lower, its at 66 now and thats to much for my liking, a little spike and stop you out with no problem, either have to increase my stops to 40-50 ticks or i need to be super good at my entrys, so im just gonna wait this out.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Thanks Bnaimy

Just formated the Stoc's to update intrabar. Seems to have fixed the problem. Not sure what u mean with crucial cycle??

What means is, imagine the 10min stoch is oversold and looks like the lines are closer ,and it will update in 1min of 10 sec, i would then wait that 1min or 10seconds to see what the 10min stoch does, if i go in 10sec before it updates ,and suddently the lines cross over, then that would be really scary :eek:
Thats why i sayed crucial ;)

With kind regards
Bashir naimy

That might be it, i honestly dont know.

Right now i am on the sidelines, the stops are to huge now and i dont fell comfy right now, think ill just watch the rest of the day and trade it on my simulator account.
Hopefully next week the vix will go lower, its at 66 now and thats to much for my liking, a little spike and stop you out with no problem, either have to increase my stops to 40-50 ticks or i need to be super good at my entrys, so im just gonna wait this out.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Bashir,

check this out, Near term volatality CBOE Near-term VIX Index (^VIN), is over 75 now, I think its better to just stay out !!

joker

Bashir,

check this out, Near term volatality CBOE Near-term VIX Index (^VIN), is over 75 now, I think its better to just stay out !!

joker

Tottaly agree with you, this is just crazy, just dide 2 short scalps, got 15 +15 ticks.
But got them in 3 seconds, that was really fast, can easly go against me also lol

Anyways, good idea to stay away now, where do you get a updated vix chart, i am using yahoo financial and it at 69 now?

Would be nice to have one that gets updated faster!

WIth regards
bashir Naimy

Tottaly agree with you, this is just crazy, just dide 2 short scalps, got 15 +15 ticks.
But got them in 3 seconds, that was really fast, can easly go against me also lol

Anyways, good idea to stay away now, where do you get a updated vix chart, i am using yahoo financial and it at 69 now?

Would be nice to have one that gets updated faster!

WIth regards
bashir Naimy

Its on Yahoo only

Try this ^VIN: Summary for CBOE Near-term VIX Index - Yahoo! Finance

joker

TA for DOW - calling a bottom

Hi ALL

Please take a look at the pic - and let me know what you guys think.

Joker

Attachments

• TA for DOW - calling a bottom.JPG
    TA for DOW - calling a bottom.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 323
Hi ALL

Please take a look at the pic - and let me know what you guys think.

Joker

Hi All

What do you guys use to capture images and write on them ?

Despite what your chart says I think we’re a long way from the bottom, might get a short term bounce though, santa claus rally ?

Best
Tony

Hi All

Despite what your chart says I think we’re a long way from the bottom, might get a short term bounce though, santa claus rally ?

Best
Tony

personally i just hit printscreen key and then paste (cntrl+V) in paint 9 use a test box to write.
I think we will see a santa rally - then a plunge back some where 8000 andthen shoot up early 09

joker

10min stoch

I dide that as well, and got my +15 and stopped on second, what dide you do ?

I bought at the 50expon ma, since 3min wasup and only 10 was down, 30 was going up

With regards
BashirNaimy

Question on the above statement. Don't you always have to trade with the 10min stochastic? In the quote above you mention that you bought on the 50EMA since 3min was up and 30min was up but 10min was DOWN. If 10min was down wouldn't that mean avoid going long?

Hi All

Hey Tony,
Snagit is by far the best one out there, for windows platforms anyways. Not for free ($50) but i use it daily at work, loved it so much i bought a license. Now use it a lot to post stuff on my website or send instructions to friends.
Sorry if it sounds like a sales-pitch, its just a fantastic tool, they also make a great video capture tool.

What an insane night again on the DOW (y)

I have not experience with those markeds personly, maybe otheres here have info for our friend smbt?

Never traded those markeds, i think blades is doing forex ?

WIth regards
Bashir Naimy

Hey Guy's,

I have been backtesting the DJ Euro Stoxx 50. Throught infinity futures with Sierra Charts. It has been very successfull so far. I am only trading the morning session from 8:30 (+1CET) to 12:00pm (+1 CET). I have only backtested 2 weeks of data. I'm hoping to backtest 6-8 weeks before I go live. I have been using a modified version of Bashir's system. As noted here;

- 89 tickchart has 10expma instead of 15 exp ma.
- No stochastics on the 1 min chart.
- Position risk is determined by ATR on a 5min SMA @ 6 (= 30mins of past movement) The reason I have done this is it gives me an accurate representation of how volatile price is and it keeps me from getting stopped out to early. The reason I have the ATR at this time frame is because the average trades I have been doing are between 3-10min. BTW... alot of the time i have noticed if the trade draggs out around 15min there is a very good chance of being stopped out... Note this! By having the ATR it keeps me intune with the market... and if the atr blows out to a huge rate i will know to STAY AWAY.
- I have developed a excel sheet in which I enter the ATR and it gives me my targets and SL trailing figures depending on how many contracts I trade (heavy or light).

Hope you find this infomation usefull

Good trading
JWG

Question on the above statement. Don't you always have to trade with the 10min stochastic? In the quote above you mention that you bought on the 50EMA since 3min was up and 30min was up but 10min was DOWN. If 10min was down wouldn't that mean avoid going long?

I always trade with the 10min, what i meant was that i shorted at that area, just a typo :D

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy