Here is the way i daytrade the Emini-YM

Hi Bashir,

Watching your video with interest :)

One question I have, in your video when you are starting to look for short entry, there is a point ~12:28 (chart time, not video time) when the 1min,10min and possibly the 30min are hooking down
and also on the 1min chart the price breaks below all the EMA's. Any reason why you did not go short right then, but instead waited for 9507. The 9507 was the area you identified as last support... but surely in real time as soon as the price breaks below all EMA's on all charts, as it seems to be doing ~12:28 (on all charts), you should be going short right then... correct?

Thank You

Hi chilltrader, i am glad you are liking the video.

You are right, that is a place where you could ahve taken it short, but not because price was below all resistance, cause price still had 1 more resistace on the downside, witch is the 20expon ma on the 30min chart at 9507.But since there was a gap of 70ticks from those two support areas then u could have taken it short at that point, reason i did not take that one is that i dont want to encourage people to do trades like that, reason is that their hitrate are not that good as to the normal trades.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

I have been following your thread for the past couple of days, and would just like to say THANK YOU for sharing your trading system, and for all the work you have done presenting it and answering everyones questions. :clap: (y)

I've been trading the YM for the past 3 months, but have been struggling since mid September with all the recent volatility. :(

Hopefully this will get me back on the right track again.

Cheers
........Chris :)

Hi Ymoca, i agree with you that trading the last few months have been pretty hard because of the volatility and the fast changes in price, and the marked is very news driven.But i strongly belive that anyone who learns how to trade now is better suited to trade in the future, then those who started before this crisis.Its hard, but it teaches you things for the future by being in the marked right now.

In times when markeds are volatile, it is very importent to follow your rules and
be patience with finding trades, cause in these conditions there is no room for error, you just have to make sure you dont get caught on the wrong side of the marked.

With regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi chilltrader, i am glad you are liking the video.

You are right, that is a place where you could ahve taken it short, but not because price was below all resistance, cause price still had 1 more resistace on the downside, witch is the 20expon ma on the 30min chart at 9507.But since there was a gap of 70ticks from those two support areas then u could have taken it short at that point, reason i did not take that one is that i dont want to encourage people to do trades like that, reason is that their hitrate are not that good as to the normal trades.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Gotcha! - completely missed the fact that the price on 30min was well above the EMA.
So yes its no trade (y)

Will need lots of practice to watch all these charts and conditions properly!!

Trying to make a rule-note with all the points you mentioned in your video.

I have just setup these charts on a spreadbet platform called IG index. They also have a "dealthru" facility where orders can be placed on the chart itself. Will "pseudo trade" and see how it goes.

By the way, have you tried this setup on the FTSE?

Cheers

Gotcha! - completely missed the fact that the price on 30min was well above the EMA.
So yes its no trade (y)

Will need lots of practice to watch all these charts and conditions properly!!

Trying to make a rule-note with all the points you mentioned in your video.

I have just setup these charts on a spreadbet platform called IG index. They also have a "dealthru" facility where orders can be placed on the chart itself. Will "pseudo trade" and see how it goes.

By the way, have you tried this setup on the FTSE?

Cheers

I have personaly not traded it on the FTSE, but i am considering that possability since that would give me better working hours.

What is your personal experience with the FTSE, is it similer to the YM, would like to trade it if it calmer and not that volatile like the YM?

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir.
Thanks a lot for spending your time for us, unsvering all does qestions.
After doing some back testing I find very high success rate if I put stop sell or stop buy order right on 20 EMA of144 tk ch. if price moved above or below 20 EMA on 144 tick ch.
Ex. Price below 20 SMA on 10 min ch. And below all MA on 1 min ch. And slow stoch
overbought on 1 min ch. I will wait till price move above 20 EMA on 144 tk ch. and put stop sell order below current price right on 20 EMA so if price moves down order will be triggered .
Works almost 90%. Only question I have would you put stop sell or stop sell limit prder?
what do you think?
Thanks.
Vit

Last edited:
Pivot Points

Hi everyone,

A few days ago there were a few questions about how & where to get pivot points.

Here is the link to a site that posts the daily and weekly pivot points calculated for a number of markets including YM.

Daily Notes - Numbers for Day Traders

So if your charting program doesn't calculate them, you can find them here and just manually plot them on your chart the the start of the day. They also have a bunch of other numbers they you may find useful.

Hope this isn't too late to help. :cheesy:

Cheers
...........Chris

Hi Bashir,

How do you execute your trades. Direct through your brokerage software or using sierra charts. I'm used to trading directly on the charts with Interactive Brokers, but their charts are less than great.

I'm trying the Sierra Charts trial and you can trade direct on the chart which I like. Nice to see visually where you are at especially forex with a million decimal points to cause mistakes.

Luke

Thank y bashir

Hi guys, here is the final and modified version of my trading method. and there will be no more adjustments to it as i dont see how i can improve on this, at least not for now.

Please use this method only as its the best one and works best, this method should not be confussed with the other older method, so please dont ask me about older methods and wonder why i am now doing it this way and not that way.

THis is a modified version and use it as it is, and dont mix it with the older one, and hopefully you all will find it usefull.

If you guys or girls have any questions about the method then please do ask and i will try to explain. And if any of the rules dont make sense to you then please dont trade it, ask first and then understand it and then trade it.

I wish u all happy trading and i will take a break, had a good day today with nice profits.
And i hope you all had that to (y)

Here is the link to the video so you can download the file and watch it in full HD quality :cheesy:

capture-1.avi on MyOtherDrive

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Thank u bashir for the link to the video.

A simple doubt. You have mentioned about two earlier videos you have uploaded at You Tube. Should we need to go through those two videos also Or the last one is enough.
Please advise.

Also happy to now that you are opening a room for limited traders in Emini YM,
Would you please book a seat for me.?

Thank u in advance.

With regards

Pulimath

I have personaly not traded it on the FTSE, but i am considering that possability since that would give me better working hours.

What is your personal experience with the FTSE, is it similer to the YM, would like to trade it if it calmer and not that volatile like the YM?

WIth kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Yes.. its definitely calmer than the DOW. Especially during the London AM session.

I find the best "techie moves" occuring between GMT 08:30 and 11:30, except if any
news etc.

Let me put it this way... the FTSE is now like the DOW was few months ago.
and the DOW is now like a mad frieght train :LOL:

Day Trading using Pivot Points

Hi everyone,

A few days ago there were a few questions about how & where to get pivot points.

Here is the link to a site that posts the daily and weekly pivot points calculated for a number of markets including YM.

Daily Notes - Numbers for Day Traders

So if your charting program doesn't calculate them, you can find them here and just manually plot them on your chart the the start of the day. They also have a bunch of other numbers they you may find useful.

Hope this isn't too late to help. :cheesy:

Cheers
...........Chris

Dear friends,

Using pivot points along with bashirs trading system will dilute the efficiency of the trading system.
Bashirs trading system is a well tried scientific method based on solid theory and practice. It is based on a system which monitors the minute by minute changes in the demand and supply of the scrips. hence more reliable and universally applicable.

Pivot points are an approximation of expected data based on the previous days data, not real time.
Mixing the both will dilute the reliability of the present trading system which is proved to be 90 percent perfect even in current volatile situation.

Thanking you all

with regards

pulimath

Dear friends,

Using pivot points along with bashirs trading system will dilute the efficiency of the trading system.
Bashirs trading system is a well tried scientific method based on solid theory and practice. It is based on a system which monitors the minute by minute changes in the demand and supply of the scrips. hence more reliable and universally applicable.

Pivot points are an approximation of expected data based on the previous days data, not real time.
Mixing the both will dilute the reliability of the present trading system which is proved to be 90 percent perfect even in current volatile situation.

Thanking you all

with regards

pulimath

Sounds reasonable. Does that include SR lines based on other high/low points going back in time?

Pivot points and Fib lines are dubious aids, IMO.

Split

Your System

Hi Bashir
Have been reading with some interest your system..I live in Thailand and intend to trade the FTSE via IG Index...Is there anywhere on here where your system is written down so i may study it.

Many Thanks
Dave Norman

Hey chilltrader, i'm getting a bit off-topic here, but just want to ask. I've checked out IG and there platform, in fact i have a paperaccount with them. Their spreadbetting is banned in Holland, but CFD not. But i've tried Gnutrade for a bit. Seems to me the spreads are much to big to make any profits. Or is it?

Bashir, excellent video, thank you for your effort. I've put it on a stick, so i can show some tradermates. Great quality also.

Bnaimy

I have done what you say, and still only get audio. Have attached a picture of my screen.
Could you please post a picture of the charts you are referring to as I realise these are not current (within last week), to go with the audio.

Thank you

Attachments

• Bnaimy screen download.bmp
    599.9 KB · Views: 183
Bnaimy

I have done what you say, and still only get audio. Have attached a picture of my screen.
Could you please post a picture of the charts you are referring to as I realise these are not current (within last week), to go with the audio.

Thank you

Is that Quictime you are playing in I can't see your screen too well. I downloaded the whole file to desktop - downloaded the codec mentioned and opened in Windows Media Player. Picture worked then. Is that what you've done? Doesn't look like it.

Luke

I clicked on the computer icon and that is the screen I got which just plays audio. Yes it is quicktime. Don't get no download box.

I clicked on the computer icon and that is the screen I got which just plays audio. Yes it is quicktime. Don't get no download box.

Right clicking in IE not sure about Firefox probably the same and do "Save Target As" or what have you in Firefox that will allow you to download the whole file and then play in WMP.

Luke

Hi Bashir.
Thanks a lot for spending your time for us, unsvering all does qestions.
After doing some back testing I find very high success rate if I put stop sell or stop buy order right on 20 EMA of144 tk ch. if price moved above or below 20 EMA on 144 tick ch.
Ex. Price below 20 SMA on 10 min ch. And below all MA on 1 min ch. And slow stoch
overbought on 1 min ch. I will wait till price move above 20 EMA on 144 tk ch. and put stop sell order below current price right on 20 EMA so if price moves down order will be triggered .
Works almost 90%. Only question I have would you put stop sell or stop sell limit prder?
what do you think?
Thanks.
Vit

Hey vit. ,more then happy to help fellow traders ,i usualy try to use buy limits when going long,cause it seems easyer to get filled when going long, but when going short i try to go marked when i see price get close to the short area. Cause markeds take the stairs up and the elevator down :LOL:

So you should try to go marked when going short and buy limit when going long,that is working very well for me.

I hope this answers your question, if not please let me know!

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy

Hi Bashir,

How do you execute your trades. Direct through your brokerage software or using sierra charts. I'm used to trading directly on the charts with Interactive Brokers, but their charts are less than great.

I'm trying the Sierra Charts trial and you can trade direct on the chart which I like. Nice to see visually where you are at especially forex with a million decimal points to cause mistakes.

Luke

Hi metadome, i trade directly through my brokerage software, been using that for along time so i dont see any reason why i should trade from sierracharts, its possible but i dont prefer that, its just a matter of personal taste, you just do whatever you fell comfy with.

With kind regards
Bashir Naimy