Help! I'm running out of cash.

I've just checked with Interactive brokers and found out that their level 2 access is only 8 euros per month. similarly they charge nothing for connection. Has my arcade absolutely shafted me by charging 900 per month??

I've just checked with Interactive brokers and found out that their level 2 access is only 8 euros per month. similarly they charge nothing for connection. Has my arcade absolutely shafted me by charging 900 per month??

Can I ask what you get for your 900 per month? Personal masseuse taking the cash off you with a 'nice' smile?

Last edited by a moderator:

STA dont charge £900pm for VPN, VPN is £100pm then you take a trading platform, STS or TT that is where your extra charge comes from.

I guess I just blew 10k out of sheer laziness .... should have shoped around!

It's all very well and good when you bid and offer spreads in 300 lots. However, if you just want to learn to trade a product such as the Bund, an arcade is probably not the best way to go!

I actually used Shneider's in house trading platform STS. I just wander if the exposure has added any value to my learning experience .... or has it just been a complete waste of cash?

PS. didn't mean to slag STA off ..... just REALLLY ANNOYED at myself

Hi there

I've been trading for 3 years now. First two years I did reasonably well trading the short stirling market. I have recently gone onto the Bund & the Bobl since short stirling has changed beyond recognition (now trades more like the Euribor).

Anyways, I have been observing the market for just under a year .... breaking even at best. Problem is that the costs are absolutely killing me!!!

I'm thinking of changing my trading style and even getting another job for a while.
I'm thinking maybe of a nice liquid far Eastern market, or FX ... haven't really made up my mind yet. My only concern is that I scalp and trade predominantly without any indicators. Do you guys know of a cost effective way I could learn without compromising on my style?? I suppose that I could look at some technicals or even position trade, but fear that this could prove to be a whole new learning curve in which case my experience to date may be seen as a waste.

I feel really frustrated .... any suggestions??

bund has died (low volumes) why you chose that market ?

Heh if you are doing less than a few thousand round trips per month an arcade will never be cheapest... The aim is to build to useful size quickly and this is where the arcades excel.

bund has died (low volumes) why you chose that market ?

I was exposed to Bund,Bobl,Schatz during my training and was familiar with their spreads. Do you think the lack of interest is a permanent thing SuperScalper??
I think the Bund is just sleeping:sleep:

Anyways .... probably not the best idea to keep jumping from market to market ... I'd prefer to master one first