Heiken Ashi candlesticks

I use ProRealTime charts and they include an option to use Heikin-Ashi candlesticks. One reason I like their charts is that it also works on my iphone via the Safari web browser.

www.ProRealTime.com

I came across this vid the other day if any of the info is of use to anyone,

Nice vid! I've bin lookin quite some time into HA material and this vid is a nice addition to it.

I liked it when the dude in the video said "...Sometimes it doesn't work so you have to be careful..." (@3:30). Shows that any system comes to the same point at some stage, and there's no holy grail.

BT

This may be of some interest

and if you've got $4 so may this
http://store.traders.com/ch2f201.html

and I believe it is considered by some to be very effective when incorporated with the Japanese Ichimoku Kinko Hyo - explanatory document attached for those interested

Hi Rognvald,

Just wanna say thanks to you, for sharing this. Your posting gave me a boost in my trading. I think Ichimoku + Heiken Ashi is a combination which finally fits me. But I guess that's about time after 3+ years of SIM trading:).

thanks again and happy trading.

BT

First Heikin-Ashi Book

I recently purchased the first book about Heikin-Ashi from the trader who brought the technique to the attention of the Western world in Stocks & Commodities (TASC) in 2004.

This is a very good and quick start to understand and apply heikin-ashi correctly as a 3-component technique:

1. traditional visual charts
2. technical indicators
3. a replacement or (if you spent too much money with candle patterns) confirmation for candlestick patterns

Moreover there is more innovative stuff about heikin-ashi in the book.

The book is available only here: Educofin. Home of heikin-ashi. Trends made simple.

Enjoy this great technique which changed my trading style. Simple. Simple. SImple.