Hedging using covered warrants

bikhod

Hi

A while ago I read an article in the Fool.co.uk that said it is possible to use covered warrants (CV) to hedge against property price falls. As well as property, I am also interested in hedging against dollar falls.

Has anybody got experience of using CVs? Is there a good company that offers advisory service for hedging using CV or options?

Thanks

bikhod said:
Hi

A while ago I read an article in the Fool.co.uk that said it is possible to use covered warrants (CV) to hedge against property price falls. As well as property, I am also interested in hedging against dollar falls.

Has anybody got experience of using CVs? Is there a good company that offers advisory service for hedging using CV or options?

Thanks

I don't think it's a good idea using a financial instrument that says "house price" to hedge against house prices as the house price instument will be an avergae of the whole country and you need it to be a speficic post code i.e "SE1 House price CV"

YOu can use CV for hedging FX etc.....

bikhod said:
Hi

Thanks

You could consider spread betting to hedge these. IG index offer quotes on regional house prices and most SB providers offer quotes on all currencies.

UTB