HedgeMX

hedgeMX

Have devised a method closely related to BOB and Kettie method sold on e-bay for hedging.
will post my trades using only usdchf to see how i am gong all lots are mini lots 10,000 size

long usdchf @ 1.2140 ( engaged )
hedge @ 1.2105

had a loss of 35 pips. i got late posting this will update this thread regularly now.

new hedge trade.

long @ 1.2183 ( engaged )
will hedge @ 1.2169
---

hedge engaged @ 1.2169 now both positions are opened i am waiting for me hedge close indicator for closing one side as i get the signal i will post

'BOB and Kettie method' ???

no such thing listed on eBay

please provide link or proper name

They used to sell a hedge method on eBay for $100. He provided answers to a few of my questions, but has since not responded. He set up a web-site www.hedgingsystem.com but none of the tabs click to anything.

hedgeMX, please keep up the journal. I saw some enherent flaws in Bob's method, and am curious if you have worked them out or not. Good Luck. Can you provide any details on what you have changed from Bob's method ?

trader416 said:
They used to sell a hedge method on eBay for $100. He provided answers to a few of my questions, but has since not responded. He set up a web-site www.hedgingsystem.com but none of the tabs click to anything.

hedgeMX, please keep up the journal. I saw some enherent flaws in Bob's method, and am curious if you have worked them out or not. Good Luck. Can you provide any details on what you have changed from Bob's method ?

hello trader416,
yes you are right i also witnessed some flaws in the description of the method as provided by the seller but i think the method is pure good .. so i created an indicator for this method i called hedgeMX which would tell me when to close one side of hedge and when to open the hedges stay tuned and i will have more trades incomming.

gain barrier for long trade is 1.2169
and if loss berrier ( hedge is engaged the gain barrier is 1.2127 )

these are the price points after which i will close a hedge if i have an indication to.

the hedge is engaged and now we have 1.2127 gain barrier for short trade and 1.2169 for long trade ..

as i said in the previous message the gain barriers is where i wii start looking for any indications of closing one side of the trade will update as i get signal

closed buy @ 1.2219 = +64
rehedge buy @ 1.2233
have one sell open from 1.2141 now gain barrier 1.2205

S 12200 stop12210 target 12185

S 12200 stop12210 target 12185+15 no stop usage
C+B 12185 stop12180 target 12225 +25 stop usage
B 12215 stop12110 target 12265 stop
B 12207 stop12200 target 12235 stop 1hr
B 12212 stop12200 target 12235 stop 1hr

Last edited:
your short position within a falling market is indolent to me

u didnt get the principals of forex trading

hedgeMX said:
short usdchf 1.2193
hedge @ 1.2207

You don't get the principals of the method he's trading. You should learn that before you criticize him.

trader416: "You don't get the principals of the method he's trading." —
I certainly don't, I haven't seen them posted

I used to sit next to a futures broker who often sold his clients spread trades
Buy Bellies Sell Soybeans (?) calling the low cost trades a 'ham sandwich'
often the trades reversed and he'd call the clients to tell them the trade had
turned into a 'sh*t sandwich'

methodology aside, I don't see the value of 'hedge trading'
wouldn't S&R trading yield better results ?

Well I guess on one hand, you're right. You may not get the principals of this method, unless hedgeMX reveals them. Without going into full detail, the method works in loops and never has a loosing loop (in theory, at least), and it really doesn't matter whether the market goes up or down and whether your initial entry is good or bad. So, you can't really compare it to normal trading. If it were to work (and judgement is still out on that), you can't do better than a system that has 100% winners no matter what you do. That's why, in an earlier post, I encouraged hedgeMX to continue posting. This could be a very interesting thread....