Have You Ever Paid?

Which have you paid for (even if you got a refund):

• Total voters
Mp -- Always A Loner !

has to have been the greatest asset in my life, but i dont do "group" anythings -- i dont listen to them, join them, obey them or heed their advice and have been nothing but the better for it for all of my life

some might say serendipity, some G-D and others "luck", and while ive given up trying to understand, I rely on experience, logic and my own daft principles to pull me thru !

not having subscribed to any of these things has left a mind open to seek and then understand what I see in my own manner and the manner seems to be just fine for me and those interested in learning the realities of market trading and not half baked theories.

In absolutely NO WAY can I be considered a "team player" and I imagine the ones who have been successful here have pretty much the same backgrounds and outlooks !

Needless to say, I checked "nothing"

enjoy and trade well

mp

Last edited:
has to have been the greatest asset in my life, but i dont do "group" anythings -- i dont listen to them, join them, obey them or heed their advice and have been nothing but the better for it for all of my life

some might say serendipity, some G-D and others "luck", and while ive given up trying to understand, I rely on experience, logic and my own daft principles to pull me thru !

not having subscribed to any of these things has left a mind open to seek and then understand what I see in my own manner and the manner seems to be just fine for me and those interested in learning the realities of market trading and not half baked theories.

In absolutely NO WAY can I be considered a "team player" and I imagine the ones who have been successful here have pretty much the same backgrounds and outlooks !

enjoy and trade well

mp

Being a team player is good if you work for somebody/company because they want the job done and done efficiently. They give you the team player BS along with all the so called "perks" to make you feel as if you are part of the team, when at the back of their minds is that they know you are helping them get rich and not the other way around.

Which have you paid for (even if you got a refund):

1) Trading Seminar
2) Trading System
3) Membership to an exclusive trading club/website
4) Mentoring
5) Special/Bespoke Indicators
6) Other - Excluding books (please explain)
7) Never paid for any of the above or anything else.

I checked for 1 and 6.
1. was for Alexander Elder trading seminar,(2002) was greatly impressed and would see him again if the opportunity arose to see how he presents his seminar now.
6. Wyckoff course ( 2003 ), and still refer to it regularly, every time see something different. One evolves as a trader and it does take time.
erie

Being a team player is good if you work for somebody/company because they want the job done and done efficiently. They give you the team player BS along with all the so called "perks" to make you feel as if you are part of the team, when at the back of their minds is that they know you are helping them get rich and not the other way around.
============================================================

yeah, and the wage slaves eat it up !

i do wonder what personalities the good traders have (aside from greed !)

mp

Went with an Alan Rich day course and signed up for his ViaTrader/broker thing. Waste of time and expensive mistake as the Via boys seem to have done a runner complete with my money.
Never trust anyone again. If you want to get rich you do it yourself.

I see he still advertises courses here on T2W, can you not get a refund? how long ago since you heard anything ?

what ever source of 'education' anyone goes for, i think it would be wise to check that an understanding the type of participants and their general objectives, how markets are structured, understanding of why price moves to where it does is given.

this imo, will give insight to probabilities and market feel/intuition, rather than a method that is based on a set of variables that often by chance, are currently giving good stats.

Hi

one could be a pompous well educated PHD in statistics ,computer science and a third degree losing on the markets , and he could be outperformed by a half moron understanding the type of participants and their general objectives, how markets are structured, understanding of why price moves to where it does is given.

Many years ago a blindfolded monkey was tested on wall street .He was asked to throw darts at share prices and he eventually outperformed everybody........INCLUDING THOSE GETTING PAID

OILFXPRO

I checked for 1 and 6.
1. was for Alexander Elder trading seminar,(2002) was greatly impressed and would see him again if the opportunity arose to see how he presents his seminar now.
6. Wyckoff course ( 2003 ), and still refer to it regularly, every time see something different. One evolves as a trader and it does take time.
erie

Save your money and don't spend money on Elder again. The man does NOT trade. In fact, he can't trade from what I heard, which is why he runs seminars and courses and has a fancy website. Yes, his books are quite good a readable, but on certain forums Elder has been called arrogant when offering advice and the like, and it makes him less credible when you consider that he does not trade.

You can get Wyckoff books off amazon, you don't need to pay someone to read them to you - or do you?

============================================================

yeah, and the wage slaves eat it up !

i do wonder what personalities the good traders have (aside from greed !)

mp

For certain jobs being a team player is crucial: emergency services, fighting a war, the police . . . but when it's a job working for an organisation whose sole aim is to make money, you can only but come to the conclusion about why it is they want you to be a team player. Trading one's own money should always be a one man show.

Save your money and don't spend money on Elder again. The man does NOT trade. In fact, he can't trade from what I heard, which is why he runs seminars and courses and has a fancy website. Yes, his books are quite good a readable, but on certain forums Elder has been called arrogant when offering advice and the like, and it makes him less credible when you consider that he does not trade.

You can get Wyckoff books off amazon, you don't need to pay someone to read them to you - or do you?

Just so there is no misunderstanding, I don't need any advice :)
Thanks anyway, I just answered the poll.

erie

Bespoke Indicator

paid for a bespoke indicator many years ago. It appeared to have worked and I was over the moon after a while.

However, the market sort of changed and the supplier was not as honest as I thought he was. I count this indicator as a placebo and do not use it anymore now.

What was the indicator?

What was the indicator?

I can't really say since the people who I bought the indicator off are also my brokers, and I don't want to sour relationship with them.

Now on the other hand, if someone can tell how to open an IB account with having to go through a reseller I would appreciate it.

I can't really say since the people who I bought the indicator off are also my brokers, and I don't want to sour relationship with them.

Now on the other hand, if someone can tell how to open an IB account with having to go through a reseller I would appreciate it.
======================================================

HUH ?

mp

======================================================

HUH ?

mp

the company who sold me the indicator also are my brokers. I have an IB account with them, but every trade I made they also take an extra $2 in commissions on top of the commission I pay to IB. I'm simply asking if it's possible to get an account with IB directly without having to go through a reseller.

Assuming you mean Interactive Brokers then just log onto the website and begin the process. You need to satisfy the account minimum and so on but its pretty automatic.

Assuming you mean Interactive Brokers then just log onto the website and begin the process. You need to satisfy the account minimum and so on but its pretty automatic.
====================================================

thnx nine -- i was wondering why he couldnt go direct !

mp

====================================================

thnx nine -- i was wondering why he couldnt go direct !

mp

but then this adds the added complication of me decoupling myself from my broker and reapplying on the same site. It was the Interactive Brokers site itself that I went to when I first applied for the account, it's one of those redirection things if you know what I mean.

I've had my IB account for 4 years now and only recently has it seen a lot of activity.

There are other brokers I'm sure, I was considering Berkeley Futures.

Also, why do people stay with their brokers anyway? Every time I have a problem with IB TWS I phone up my broker and they tell me to phone up IB.

but then this adds the added complication of me decoupling myself from my broker and reapplying on the same site. It was the Interactive Brokers site itself that I went to when I first applied for the account, it's one of those redirection things if you know what I mean.

I've had my IB account for 4 years now and only recently has it seen a lot of activity.

There are other brokers I'm sure, I was considering Berkeley Futures.

Also, why do people stay with their brokers anyway? Every time I have a problem with IB TWS I phone up my broker and they tell me to phone up IB.
====================================================================

people remain with what they know, brokers included, as the unknown is ........ well . . . . . . . unknown !

would imagine you could try again (especially) after 4 years and see if there is a "redirection" in there, or get in touch with IB directly (i know their service dept can be hell) and see what they say --- I was truly not aware of this and maybe its a "location" thing as I dont think it exists in the US.

gl

mp

Went with an Alan Rich day course and signed up for his ViaTrader/broker thing. Waste of time and expensive mistake as the Via boys seem to have done a runner complete with my money.
Never trust anyone again. If you want to get rich you do it yourself.

What did the course cover?