Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks BNB could you please explain what is meant by "$1 per $1000 each" thanks Wayne

Hi Wayne

$1 per $1000 is 0.1 lot for every $1000 in my trading account.
This is high but i have survived this way because a 100 pip loss would be 10% of the account but this is rare, 50 pip is more the average loss this is 5% of the account. One day i will only risk 1% of the account:)

BMB

Lucca explained it better than me thankyou Lucca

Last edited:
Thanks Lucca, it has been good that you guys have shared your trading skills I am very grateful

Thanks BNB you posted whilst I was posting. good to see a sound money management system going on. I have been reading that once a trader starts winning the Dealer starts to take out stops etc have you experienced this.

A poster else where has suggested to have a plug in that submits the target and stops from your desk top and put targets and stops into MT4 in the mean time out of reach just to confuse the broker and cancel obviously when your entries go in.

Not sure if this is paranoia if if stop hunts actually really do occur

Thanks BNB you posted whilst I was posting. good to see a sound money management system going on. I have been reading that once a trader starts winning the Dealer starts to take out stops etc have you experienced this.

A poster else where has suggested to have a plug in that submits the target and stops from your desk top and put targets and stops into MT4 in the mean time out of reach just to confuse the broker and cancel obviously when your entries go in.

Am sure stop hunting goes on but with this system we put our stop high, stop hunting gets traders with tight stops or trailing stops.

BMB

Hi Wayne, Lucca and BMB,

Thank you all for your help and points of view - these things have clarified quite a lot for me. I am not sure I am ready to trade 0.1 per $1000 of a/c yet, but probably 0.1 per $2000 to begin with. Having said that, I am certain this method can pay its way, despite an occasional setback - eg BMB's poor week 18th to 22nd January.

I am still not convinced that stop hunting by brokers is only paranoia. It is a simple matter to widen spread when price is near Pivot points, or Fibo levels, or .0000 and .0050 levels in price. So I think you are correct Wayne, to be wary of such things.

We should not be too concerned by this though. We have such a good method here, that if price begins to run against us too early, there should be no hesitation in getting out with minimum loss, instead of waiting for a stop to be hit. It should be a matter of just waiting for the next opportunity, rather than a matter of disappointment in a trade that failed to go on with its move.

I have mentioned before that one of the earliest skills we can pick up, is HOW TO TAKE A LOSS. Having a good/robust method like ProFx, should make us even more keen to scrub trades that are not making pips. It's not the end of the world, and in my view, is excellent risk management.

At the end of the day, the parameters that gave us the setup are either clear and good, or they are waffly and vague.

You already know what to do with the latter kind.

I have heard some traders of ProFx mention that they pay no attention whatsoever to the 4H trend, but, like BMB, take each 30M setup on its merits. There are plus and minus arguments on this. It might depend where in the trend the price is, and how strong the 4H trend is.

If the 4H is ranging, then I would disregard it. But if it is decisive and strong, I think this will be reflected in the 30M trend anyway. Price has to "breathe" and so there are going to be good pull-back trades counter-trend, but I think we would rarely find these producing the 100+ pip runs. Perhaps it would be best to accept shorter targets in counter-trend trading.

Just a view.

Thanks to all for great input.

Kind regards

Ivan (Currently at work for next 5 hours)

Hi guys

Ivan like you will be initially using a lower margin risk, and I will try to master 1 trade a day firstly and may even stick to that.

BMB we could probably learn a lot from that dud week in Jan, only if you do not mind sharing of course. Was it a low liquidity week, causing set ups to fail, a period where you changed strategies, a personal emotional time, an attempt at higher leverage that took its toll, or just a market pay back week?

That is pretty impressive to have only 1 dud week though, congratulations for sure.

Lucca you also seem to have this pretty well in the bag and I offer you congratulations as well it must be a good feeling. I am looking forward to your posts this week and the clearer markings of entries and exits as I still could not see them. Sometimes looking at the obvious just isnt seen, maybe I should take these off :cool:

Hi Wayne

Sorry it is not just 1 week with a loss i was asked for best and worst week and that is the worst week in 2010.
My trading records only keep pips won and lost each pair these days but losing weeks come when the markets range and i lose 2 or even 3 times in a pair (these days do happen).
And the other times are when i can't trade every day (ie loss on mon and tue, miss wed and thur which would of been winning trades and then fri win or lose)

BMB

Hi Wayne

Sorry it is not just 1 week with a loss i was asked for best and worst week and that is the worst week in 2010.
My trading records only keep pips won and lost each pair these days but losing weeks come when the markets range and i lose 2 or even 3 times in a pair (these days do happen).
And the other times are when i can't trade every day (ie loss on mon and tue, miss wed and thur which would of been winning trades and then fri win or lose)

BMB

Thanks BMB your honesty inspires me even more, interesting that ranging markets have been harder than trending, as I would have thought them to be easier due to the decreased volatility or is this the reason it is harder to pick the direction?

Note times below are Aust times, it would pay to stick for this period unless using a hedging type strategy.

9:00pm GBP
Asset Purchase Facility

Tentative GBP
MPC Rate Statement

9:00pm GBP
Official Bank Rate

Hi Wayne
Because I try to hold for the target it may not go far in profit on range days so it stops out at a loss, then i would go the other way only for the same thing to happen again and only after them 2 losing trades will it appear that the pair is ranging (do i take a 3rd or not)

BMB

Monday.....great moves....:)

Results:
eurjpy (+32pips, +105pips) editing: shorttrade: +40pips
eurusd (-1pips, +46pips)
gbpjpy (+4pips, +84pips) editing: longtrade: -37pips, 2nd editing: +20pips
gbpusd (+11 pips)

Total: +304pips (editing 2 times.....)

With gbpusd I missed the entry and didn't want to risk more

Ready for today:cheesy:

I hope my charts are more clear now....

Editing: ...sorry wasn't true that I stop trading...;-), I made one gbpjpy -37, and one eurjpy +40 (really senseless....)
2nd editing: long entry gbpjpy for +20pips. Now my metatrader is down, for sure...:)

Attachments

• gbpjpy_10,5,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_10,5,10.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 208
  • eurjpy_10,5.10.jpg
    eurjpy_10,5.10.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 198
  • eurusd_10,5.10.jpg
    eurusd_10,5.10.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 202
  • gbpusd_10,5,10.jpg
    gbpusd_10,5,10.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Much better Lucca thanks I am long in GBP/USD in at 1.49209 target 100pips, have moved stop up to just above entry now so wont loose but may loose significant profit if runs against me

Great work Lucca!!!

I saw those setups but decided to wait for cable - and I'm in it long now.

Funnily enough, it's the slowest moving!! If I'd taken any of the others, I'd be away with my profits now!!

Well done, anyway mate!

2010.05.10 09:49 buy 0.50 gbpusd 1.49209 1.49329 1.50200 2010.05.10 12:03 1.49929 0.00 0.00 0.00 398.00

Took profit out, was worried about the ann coming out in 1hrs time for GBP. pitty it wasnt a live trade eh

Great morning moves....
Results from today:

gbpusd: -27pips
eurusd: +32pips
eurjpy: +68pips
gbpjpy: +47pips

Total: +120pips

Attachments

• gbpusd_11,5,10.jpg
    gbpusd_11,5,10.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 257
  • gbpjpy_11,5,10.jpg
    gbpjpy_11,5,10.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 237
  • eurjpy_11,5.10.jpg
    eurjpy_11,5.10.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 213
  • eurusd_11,5.10.jpg
    eurusd_11,5.10.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 210
Hi wanelad,

yes that was a nice 1 hour work and ready for the day....for that reason I missed the nice gbpusd short entry....I really have to restrain myself not to trade on....

Status
Not open for further replies.