Has anybody used this Manual Trading Strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.
many thanks for your reply Lucca

Do you also always enter in the direction of the 4H trend, as in the profx basic rules?

Those folks that are interested in Profx can see Alex from profx trading live here :

http://www.fxfisherman.com/forums/f.../8035-profx-800-1000-pips-every-month-33.html

Yes Stricky - thanks for pointing us to that link.

I have been following this thread, and have to say thank you to those who have been more than generous in sharing their strategies with ProFx. Lucca and Bullmarketbear have been a great help to me, and to others I am sure.

Today I asked Alex a couple of questions about his entries, because I missed the entry that he took, while waiting for the candle to close. His explanation is priceless in how it explains the correct entry procedure - 21 pips earlier than I would have entered the Short of the GBPUSD.

If traders can grasp how he does it - and I think his explanation today will nail that for everyone, then there only remains the need to do some serious demo trading for awhile, and get on with it.

Thanks for this - one of the best methods I have seen, and a very nice thread.

Can't wait to get a bit more practice now, and go live with it. :)

Hi Wanelad,

I am trading live....:)

lucca123

Looks like you are doing well then Lucca which broker are you using? I hear so many stories of brokers creating spikes taking out stops deliberately once making money have you found this to be the case, or paranoia on the traders part?

I am with fxpro.com.
Great spreads, gbpusd sometimes only 1pips.
Account opening very very fast.
Funding account via creditcard about 1hour, then you have the account ready to trade.
Possibility to withdraw via creditcard....etc...
iphonetradingsoftware....etc.

Concerning creating spikes I don't care, because most of the time when profx entries are perfect you are never near your stoploss....:)

I am with fxpro.com.
Great spreads, gbpusd sometimes only 1pips.
Account opening very very fast.
Funding account via creditcard about 1hour, then you have the account ready to trade.
Possibility to withdraw via creditcard....etc...
iphonetradingsoftware....etc.

Concerning creating spikes I don't care, because most of the time when profx entries are perfect you are never near your stoploss....:)

Thanks Lucca I will check them out

Last heavy day of the week...puuh...very dangerous but many chances...and too nervous for me.....

The first thing Ive done:
Changing to M5 and trading these charts, because of the big stoplosses in M30.

I was very careful not to risk too much. Two times I was stopped out with my small stoploss and missed in that way about 200pips...

I made one really really silly entry in gbpjpy that wiped out my daily profit, but later I could recover in eurjpy and now I am ready for today.

I don't list every single trade, but my result of today: +48pips

This weeks result: +494pips

Attachments

• gbpjpy_7.5.10.jpg
    gbpjpy_7.5.10.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 168
  • eurjpy_7,5.10.jpg
    eurjpy_7,5.10.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 187
  • gbpusd_7,5,10.jpg
    gbpusd_7,5,10.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 168
  • eurusd_7,5.10.jpg
    eurusd_7,5.10.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 170
Hi All

my first post on this forum was a year ago to the day, i would just like to say profx has again produced profits month after month for two years now (it works)

BMB

Last heavy day of the week...puuh...very dangerous but many chances...and too nervous for me.....

The first thing Ive done:
Changing to M5 and trading these charts, because of the big stoplosses in M30.

I was very careful not to risk too much. Two times I was stopped out with my small stoploss and missed in that way about 200pips...

I made one really really silly entry in gbpjpy that wiped out my daily profit, but later I could recover in eurjpy and now I am ready for today.

I don't list every single trade, but my result of today: +48pips

This weeks result: +494pips

Lucca it would say a lot more in your charts if you showed your entry and exits, as those charts do not say much to me. Something like this, yours would be much simpler as would just show entry and exit

4587237924_545ab383ea_o.png

Hi wanelad,

My entries are all plottet in the charts. From the tradehistory I drag them into the charts and they are plottet as little red and blue triangles.
I know they are not well visible, but when you look near they are all there.
Next week I will mark them for better visibility.

Hi All

my first post on this forum was a year ago to the day, i would just like to say profx has again produced profits month after month for two years now (it works)

BMB

Hi Bearmarketbull

Firstly congratulations on reaching that elusive goal of trading for a living.

I recognise ProFx as a very profitable strategy, in terms of pips to be made simply by following the system. In fact, even on days when I was unable to get "in" at the correct entry as called for by the indicator setup, I have still made pips.

That's the beauty of this method.

Originally I intended to trade only the GBPUSD as per the system's main recommendation, but the author of the system also states on the web page, that "GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF and USDJPY" can be traded. Not only that, but I have found that probably the GBPJPY would possibly be a better choice in any line-up of 4 pairs, displacing the USDCHF.

Having said that, the inclusion of the USDCHF does add some diversification to the stable of four pairs. So where is this leading ... ?

It seems to me that there is no problem with having up to 8 pairs on a watch-list, providing, as you mentioned in an earlier post, you are committed to no more than 4 pairs at one time. Indeed, I found that I could not manage even 4 pairs well.

What I have done now, is create a profile, where I have the charts of 8 pairs displayed simultaneously on my screen, and as soon as I receive an "alert", I can make a trading decision. Having a profile created like this serves another purpose: I can scroll through them every 15 minutes, and look for pairs that are setting up possible trades, and focus on them.

But while I mention the above as what I have set up ... the reality of what I am doing trading wise, has to remain more reserved than that ... for now.

The task ahead of me for this month, is to learn to trade the GBPUSD ... and maybe the GBPJPY ... as well as I can. The idea is to demo trade this month, catching every possible trade and begin live trading on a small account in June.

What I would like to ask you is this:

a) Because you have been trading this for a living for a couple of years now, which approach would you favour:

i) The ONE currency Pair, ONE trade per day, trading in only ONE session ... or ...
ii) Several pairs, taking trades in whatever session they occur, and making trades as opportunity affords ... or ...
iii) Trades limited to the London/Euro and/or US sessions, and perhaps further refined by restriction to a maximum number of trades ... or ...
iv) Adding structure to your plan, by aiming for a defined number of pips per session, using a limited number of pairs.

The above is very broad, and of course may look nothing like something you might recommend.

My point here, is that beginners need to be aiming for some kind of outcome that can help identify progress towards a professional goal, and at the same time afford some encouragement, that they are indeed on the right path.

Setting out to trade 4 or 6 pairs simultaneously is not the way to go ... at least that has been true for me at this point in my learning.

I would rather be able to trade one or two pairs extremely well, and increase the pip value as warranted by a measured account growth.

I would appreciate your thoughts and ideas on how best to manage the use of ProFx as a trading method, giving space to the fact that some traders reading this will have absolutely no experience trading live, and others will be seasoned traders, who are still dissatisfied with their current method.

http://clip2net.com/page/m0/5697438

Kind regards

Ivan

Last edited:
Hi All

BMB

Hi Bearmarketbull,

As Ingot25 already mentioned, it would be very interesting to hear about your 2 year profx experience....:)

Your posts in the past were a great help for me....

These questions would be interesting for us:

- Are your profittargets still 70pips?
- Do you still trade 4 pairs? eurusd, eurjpy, gbpusd, gbpjpy?
- Moneymanagement: still 0.1 ots per $1000 on your account?
- Did you have any weeks loosing pips, or was you at the end of a week always in plus?
- How much pips did you make in your badest week?
- How much pips did you make in your best week?

Very exciting answers for us....only if you like :)

Thanks,
Lucca

Hi wanelad,

My entries are all plottet in the charts. From the tradehistory I drag them into the charts and they are plottet as little red and blue triangles.
I know they are not well visible, but when you look near they are all there.
Next week I will mark them for better visibility.

Thanks Lucca I am still having troubles spotting them, this would be appreciated

hi all

Afew answers here best week 2010 4th-8th jan (630 pips)
worst week 2010 18th-22nd jan (-484 pips), yes i do have losing weeks.
I trade four pairs GBPUSD GBPJPY EURUSD EURJPY $1 per $1000 each, that way it would take ten 100pip losers in arow for each pair to blowout account (or twenty 50 pip losers each in a row ).

I would choose 1 or 2 pairs to start with and only trade them because if you watched say 8 pairs and traded what you thought was the best one each day you could end up with many losses in a row, this system works on the fact that the larger winners out weight the smaller losers which makes trading the same pair each day so important.

Most of my trades are taken after the arrow candle so when that happens the price has moved between 10-30 pips so i target 70 pips to allow for this, but when i can get in on the arrow or at least the earlier price then 100pips is the target (the four pairs i trade can all move 100pips).

I start my trading day at london open taking 1st signal in each pair, if they hit tp or stop out in profit am done for that day, if they are losing trades i take the reverse signals.

Hope to of been of help
BMB

Thanks BNB could you please explain what is meant by "$1 per $1000 each" thanks Wayne

Thanks BNB could you please explain what is meant by "$1 per $1000 each" thanks Wayne

when your account is $1000, you can trade 1 pair with 0.1 lot ($1 per pip).
with $2000 on your account you trade 1 pair with 0.2 lots or 2 pairs with each 0.1 lot etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.