GREY1 P/L daily

samtron said:
10k QCOM :eek:
10k*$36.47 =$364700 :eek: :eek:
margin 4 therefore 364700/4=$91175 :eek:
10c move against =1000 bucks :eek: :eek

I hope you had your brown trousers on Grey1 :cheesy:

LOL

I was trading the stock with Ian , he can confirm that I had near death experience. saying that I was 12000 short DELL 3 month ago lol

grey1

Grey1 said:
LOL

I was trading the stock with Ian , he can confirm that I had near death experience. saying that I was 12000 short DELL 3 month ago lol

grey1
Hi Grey1,

Don’t know if you were aware, but this stock reported its earnings report last night as follows:
Quote:
02-Nov-06 16:23 ET In Play: Qualcomm beats by a penny, beats on revs; issues Q1, Y07 guidance (36.36 +0.63) : Reports Q4 (Sep) earnings of $0.42 per share, excluding non-recurring items, $0.01 better than the Reuters Estimates consensus of $0.41; revenues rose 28.0% year/year to $2 bln vs the $1.97 bln consensus. Co issues in-line guidance for Q1, sees EPS of $0.42-0.44 vs. $0.44 consensus; sees Q1 revs of $1.98-2.08 bln vs. $2.07 bln consensus. Co issues downside guidance for FY07, sees EPS of $1.76-1.81 vs. $1.84 consensus; sees FY07 revs of $8.1-8.6 bln vs. $8.66 bln consensus. End Quote

Report looked ok (not great), but the downside guidance makes a stock like this questionable on its direction, which to me would more than likely be downward. Also, QCOM usually doesn’t have this much volatility, but obviously after an earnings announcement it’s understandable.

I have no idea when you took the short on QCOM, but if it was anytime after 10:00 ET it was a great short. If the trade was a directional VWAP it had about a 0.50c in it (from 10:00 ET), or more than likely a Strategy 3 would be my best guess (oscillating market). In either case, you did obtain a + 0.25c move, which in this market was outstanding. I noticed QCOM had an ATR, 5 min of about 0.22c at this time, much higher than its norm. Therefore this “near death experience” seems to have been caused by an untamed and volatile QCOM – LOL.

Best of Trading,

Nas

Grey1 said:
LOL

grey1

Hi Grey1,

I wonder if you would share with us what is the percentage of your trades that come from :

1. VWAP Engine
2. Strategy 3
3. Pair Trading
4. Other

Obviously it depends on the market that we are in, however, assuming that we do have a trending market on 25% of the time.

Thank you.

vegas said:
Hi Grey1,

I wonder if you would share with us what is the percentage of your trades that come from :

1. VWAP Engine
2. Strategy 3
3. Pair Trading
4. Other

Obviously it depends on the market that we are in, however, assuming that we do have a trending market on 25% of the time.

Thank you.

No idea mate
Never checked it . All I know is that market cannot get me . lol

one thing i have to stress out and that I as a trader could lose many number of trades but my over all performance always seems to be consistent . My consistency and confidence started with the use of VWAP engine and correct ish money management. ( big turn around in my trading life ) .

Grey1

Short Side Darvas

Hi

I am slowly making progress with implementing a Darvas based strategy for longing stocks in an 'uptrend' but would appreciate some guidence regarding using this style for shorting in a downtrend.

In particular, we all know that when one constructs a Darvas box one starts with the Box Top. However, if looking to use this methodology for the short side, is it important to reverse completely the Box construction rules so, for example, the Box Bottom is now constructed first? I assume this is what one needs to do (as well as construct Ghost Boxes to the downside too!) but jus wanted to check.

Many Thanks

Steve

evostik said:
Hi

I am slowly making progress with implementing a Darvas based strategy for longing stocks in an 'uptrend' but would appreciate some guidence regarding using this style for shorting in a downtrend.

In particular, we all know that when one constructs a Darvas box one starts with the Box Top. However, if looking to use this methodology for the short side, is it important to reverse completely the Box construction rules so, for example, the Box Bottom is now constructed first? I assume this is what one needs to do (as well as construct Ghost Boxes to the downside too!) but jus wanted to check.

Many Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve
If the breakout from a box is to the downside, then normally the next thing to look for is a Box bottom.
However in the same breakout bar you may get a high which is higher than the previous Box top.
So just be aware that the new box could constructed from the high and low of the same bar (followed by 3 inside days to confirm it if you are using that rule).

If you are using ghost boxes then the same rules and conditions apply as for upside.

Glenn

Glenn said:
Hi Steve
If the breakout from a box is to the downside, then normally the next thing to look for is a Box bottom.
However in the same breakout bar you may get a high which is higher than the previous Box top.
So just be aware that the new box could constructed from the high and low of the same bar (followed by 3 inside days to confirm it if you are using that rule).

If you are using ghost boxes then the same rules and conditions apply as for upside.

Glenn
Hi Glenn,

I see, thanks. So, just to confirm, I need to effectively take a copy of my code that I have written to create boxes etc. for uptrend long trading, and completely inverse that? (which I guess makes sense because in many ways its just like turning a candle chart upside down and then applying the Darvas uptrend long strategy - if you see what I mean).

Thanks Again

Steve

evostik said:
Hi Glenn,

I see, thanks. So, just to confirm, I need to effectively take a copy of my code that I have written to create boxes etc. for uptrend long trading, and completely inverse that? (which I guess makes sense because in many ways its just like turning a candle chart upside down and then applying the Darvas uptrend long strategy - if you see what I mean).

Thanks Again

Steve

Yes in principle.
However if you think about the 'box constructed from one bar ' situation, you effectively have a breakout in both directions, and if you are looking back 4 bars for top/bottom confirmation, you don't know whether the high or low happened first. So do you go into your long or short routine ? And which ever you choose, will your code identify the opposing end of the 'one bar' as a new top/bottom of a box ?
Alternatively you could ignore these one-bar boxes.

Glenn

SKYP TEAM P/L report

I now have been trading LIVE with SKPY team for 25 trading days ( FIBBO ,IAN,JULIAN,LEVII ) with $10300 profit in 25 trading days. The profit level was relatively low but this is only due to having few days of extremely quite NASDAQ market. I have lost once which i recovered it next day .

Where else do they pay you you so much and have such an awesome amount of laugh and a joke with your mates while earning too hehehe.. We are heading for 100% automation of VWAP engine,

Grey1

Grey1 said:
SKYP TEAM P/L report

I now have been trading LIVE with SKPY team for 25 trading days ( FIBBO ,IAN,JULIAN,LEVII ) with $10300 profit in 25 trading days. The profit level was relatively low but this is only due to having few days of extremely quite NASDAQ market. I have lost once which i recovered it next day .

Where else do they pay you you so much and have such an awesome amount of laugh and a joke with your mates while earning too hehehe.. We are heading for 100% automation of VWAP engine,

Grey1
Should just about pay for Xmas :cheesy:
Well done guys. :)

Grey1 said:
SKYP TEAM P/L report
Grey1
Hi Grey1,

Thanks for the update on the SKYP trading team – it’s great to hear on the teams’ progress.

The two previous trading days (Nov 6th & 7th) were difficult trading days, due to the O/B conditions of the Dow, which continued to be O/B in both 5 & 10 Min TF’s (even in the 15 Min) indicating a trending market.

I’d like to ask 3 questions about the Trending Market we’ve had during the last two days (Nov 6th & 7th), and if you have any additional Trending Market indicators?

1) Does the DOW > + / - 50 net change from the previous days close or at any other time during intra-day indicate a potential Trending day? Wondering if this has changed?

2) Can the 5, 10 & 20 EMA’s on a 5 Min Chart of the DOW, confirm that a Trend is in place as shown on the attached Charts (Nov 6th & 7th)? Your thoughts!

3) By using the next higher TF, like the 15 Min Chart, provide additional confirmation that a trend was definitely underway?

The 3EMA’s are not intended to indicate a change in Trend or oscillation, that’s where the MACCI’s come to our aid.

Attachment, includes 5, 10 & 15 Min Chart of the Dow.

Thanks,

Nas

Attachments

• Trending INDU, 11-8-06.doc
    111 KB · Views: 15
Rimm

Rimm prices today in the evening dropped down like a stone at around 1811hrs- the drastic drop took place quite a few minutes before the dow had established its positive downtrend (>-50). I did not notice any news relating to Rimm which could make its price drop down so severely in such a short time. Of course for the past few days RIMM price was going up at a high rate but often with a good volume. I was very luckily out of the long trade just about 12 minutes before the drop (mainly because the Dow had entered the -40s and did not seem to give a good punch to the prices from an OS condition and the volatility of RIMM had dropped down ie. in comparison to the last few days).

I am wondering if anyone has any explanation to this high rate of drop (much higher and slightly before than the other stocks and the market)? and can anyone suggest any tell tale signs which can help in pre-empting this kind of a change in trend of a stock?

Raj

Attachments

• RIMM.PNG
    RIMM.PNG
    60.9 KB · Views: 25
rajibde said:
Rimm prices today in the evening dropped down like a stone at around 1811hrs- the drastic drop took place quite a few minutes before the dow had established its positive downtrend (>-50). I did not notice any news relating to Rimm which could make its price drop down so severely in such a short time. Of course for the past few days RIMM price was going up at a high rate but often with a good volume. I was very luckily out of the long trade just about 12 minutes before the drop (mainly because the Dow had entered the -40s and did not seem to give a good punch to the prices from an OS condition and the volatility of RIMM had dropped down ie. in comparison to the last few days).

I am wondering if anyone has any explanation to this high rate of drop (much higher and slightly before than the other stocks and the market)? and can anyone suggest any tell tale signs which can help in pre-empting this kind of a change in trend of a stock?

Raj

There was an adverse comment on RIMM from a broker on briefing.com

grey1

rajibde said:
Thank you Grey1-this clarifies a mystery for me.

Raj
Hi Rajibde,

Slight history on RIMM’s fall today (Nov 10th), which may be related to yesterdays as well. All news from today’s Briefing.com

11:31 RIMM Research In Motion: Follow up on MOT/Good Technology announcement (118.95 -5.80) -Update- (added at 11:32)
As mentioned at 11:08 & 11:09, RIMM and PALM are both trading lower in reaction to MOT's announcement that it will acquire Good Technology. We note that Good Technology is a competitor to RIMM, and in an SEC filing, RIMM said "The co may face competition from companies focused on providing middleware to facilitate end-to-end wireless messaging solutions. Companies in this category include Good Technology; IBM Corporation; Microsoft; Notify Technology; Openwave Systems; Seven Networks; Sybase; and Visto Corporation, among others"... With regards to PALM, we note that back on Jun 30, PALM's CEO appeared on CNBC and noted that they "partner more with Good Technology," when asked about RIMM's patent dispute.

11:09 PALM Palm also trades down to session lows following MOT acquisition of Good Technology (14.71 -0.22)

11:08 RIMM Research In Motion trades to session lows following announcement that MOT will acquire competitor Good Technology (14.74 -0.20)

11:07 RIMM Research In Motion breaks hard below yesterday's low of 123.67 (121.16 -3.56) -Update- -Technical-
Price drops a fast 3 points on a spike in volume. Next levels of interest area near 119.25/120.25 followed by the 20-day ema at 116.57.

11:05 MOT Motorola to acquire Good Technology (21.25 +0.05) -Update-
MOT and Good Technology announced that the companies have signed a definitive agreement under which Motorola will acquire privately held, mobile computing software and service co Good Technology. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory and other customary conditions, is expected to close in early 2007.

Nas

Last edited:
Nastrader said:
Hi Rajibde,

Slight history on RIMM’s fall today (Nov 10th), which may be related to yesterdays as well. All news from today’s Briefing.com

11:31 RIMM Research In Motion: Follow up on MOT/Good Technology announcement (118.95 -5.80) -Update- (added at 11:32)
As mentioned at 11:08 & 11:09, RIMM and PALM are both trading lower in reaction to MOT's announcement that it will acquire Good Technology. We note that Good Technology is a competitor to RIMM, and in an SEC filing, RIMM said "The co may face competition from companies focused on providing middleware to facilitate end-to-end wireless messaging solutions. Companies in this category include Good Technology; IBM Corporation; Microsoft; Notify Technology; Openwave Systems; Seven Networks; Sybase; and Visto Corporation, among others"... With regards to PALM, we note that back on Jun 30, PALM's CEO appeared on CNBC and noted that they "partner more with Good Technology," when asked about RIMM's patent dispute.

11:09 PALM Palm also trades down to session lows following MOT acquisition of Good Technology (14.71 -0.22)

11:08 RIMM Research In Motion trades to session lows following announcement that MOT will acquire competitor Good Technology (14.74 -0.20)

11:07 RIMM Research In Motion breaks hard below yesterday's low of 123.67 (121.16 -3.56) -Update- -Technical-
Price drops a fast 3 points on a spike in volume. Next levels of interest area near 119.25/120.25 followed by the 20-day ema at 116.57.

11:05 MOT Motorola to acquire Good Technology (21.25 +0.05) -Update-
MOT and Good Technology announced that the companies have signed a definitive agreement under which Motorola will acquire privately held, mobile computing software and service co Good Technology. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed. The acquisition, which is subject to regulatory and other customary conditions, is expected to close in early 2007.

Nas

Hi Nas,

Thank you very much for this news. I normaly have bloomberg .com swithced on during trading, but quite obviously their updates are not good enough for professional trading as there was no mention about RIMM yesterday on bloomberg.

Cheers!

Raj

Blood across the board.. KLAC, GILD and AMZN identified as short candidates even before the bell. Good shorts... :cheesy:

Thank you Grey1

Today (well it is yesterday now)- was an important day for my trading career and I think it would have been impossible for me to see this day had it not been for the knowledge gained from this forum.....YES- today I have crossed the break even point!! For the first time I have seen and felt the joy of coming out of Red i.e. I have recovered my total losses (till date) and for the first time I have enjoyed a month of consistency in the process.

Hi Iraj -from the deepest core of my heart I wish to Thank you for the knowledge (and generosity) you have selflessly imparted, which has allowed me to see this day.
I'd also like to thank all those who have helped me at various times by their precious advises especially Paul (Trader333) for your generosity.
Gents because of you- today I feel I have completed the apprenticeship in learning to trade and can dare to have a hope in this field.

Almost 90% of my earnings from the market has been by the application of Strategy 3. The rest 10% has been when my indisciplined nature had got the better of me.
Grey1, in one of your earlier posts you had asked to mention about the winnings by the application of strategy 3. Well the data is as follows-

- From Oct 24th till Nov 28th I have made a net profit of £2224 (approx $4448) by the application of Strategy 3 (I have not traded on all the days as I do shift duties for my full time job)
- My biggest gain (total) for any day has been $1026 and smallest $45 (initially my positions sizes used to be very small-they are still relatively small but I am in no rush)
- My biggest loss in this period has been $436 and the smallest $39 (i.e for any single day)

-I have learnt to an extent the concept of position sizing and this has helped a lot in combination with the strategy 3 to see profits but weakness still remains in speed of scaling out (I feel I am quite slow while scaling out)- maybe some day........

For the newbies who might read this post- Grey1, I feel, has donated 'the hen that lays golden eggs' to this forum and you can find the means to success by going though (and digesting) the posts in this forum- the two pal talk sessions which I could attend (the attachment can be found in this forum) was immensely helpful for me to grasp the concept.
IT IS POSSIBLE GUYS!!!!
I am still very much a beginner student and have lots and lots to learn to become a professional.

Now that I have said all the above, I may start losing again from tomorrow but after the experience which I have had, my approach towards a losing trade has changed significantly and this has had a terrific effect on my confidence which, I feel helps in winning.

If paul or Iraj wish, I shall be happy to mail them all the copies of the executions & P/L which I have done in this period. If it is of interest to anyone else then I can post a FEW on the forum also.

Thanks once again

Raj

Nice one Raj; I feel good for you.

I too am making progress, including with Strat 3, but am finding I am not getting many signals. Yesterday, for example, I had only one signal and that was early in the trading session. Makes me wonder if I have something set up incorrectly! Could you share how many signals you observed yesterday please? Were these on 1, 3 and 5 min timeframes?

Well done again,

Steve

rajibde said:
Today (well it is yesterday now)- was an important day for my trading career and I think it would have been impossible for me to see this day had it not been for the knowledge gained from this forum.....YES- today I have crossed the break even point!! For the first time I have seen and felt the joy of coming out of Red i.e. I have recovered my total losses (till date) and for the first time I have enjoyed a month of consistency in the process.

Hi Iraj -from the deepest core of my heart I wish to Thank you for the knowledge (and generosity) you have selflessly imparted, which has allowed me to see this day.
I'd also like to thank all those who have helped me at various times by their precious advises especially Paul (Trader333) for your generosity.
Gents because of you- today I feel I have completed the apprenticeship in learning to trade and can dare to have a hope in this field.

Almost 90% of my earnings from the market has been by the application of Strategy 3. The rest 10% has been when my indisciplined nature had got the better of me.
Grey1, in one of your earlier posts you had asked to mention about the winnings by the application of strategy 3. Well the data is as follows-

- From Oct 24th till Nov 28th I have made a net profit of £2224 (approx $4448) by the application of Strategy 3 (I have not traded on all the days as I do shift duties for my full time job)
- My biggest gain (total) for any day has been $1026 and smallest $45 (initially my positions sizes used to be very small-they are still relatively small but I am in no rush)
- My biggest loss in this period has been $436 and the smallest $39 (i.e for any single day)

-I have learnt to an extent the concept of position sizing and this has helped a lot in combination with the strategy 3 to see profits but weakness still remains in speed of scaling out (I feel I am quite slow while scaling out)- maybe some day........

For the newbies who might read this post- Grey1, I feel, has donated 'the hen that lays golden eggs' to this forum and you can find the means to success by going though (and digesting) the posts in this forum- the two pal talk sessions which I could attend (the attachment can be found in this forum) was immensely helpful for me to grasp the concept.
IT IS POSSIBLE GUYS!!!!
I am still very much a beginner student and have lots and lots to learn to become a professional.

Now that I have said all the above, I may start losing again from tomorrow but after the experience which I have had, my approach towards a losing trade has changed significantly and this has had a terrific effect on my confidence which, I feel helps in winning.

If paul or Iraj wish, I shall be happy to mail them all the copies of the executions & P/L which I have done in this period. If it is of interest to anyone else then I can post a FEW on the forum also.

Thanks once again

Raj

well done Rajibe,

It is nice to see you doing so well and pleased to read the post. I was trading the market yesterday with a friend and we had 24 trades with 18 wins 4 break evens and 2 losses with a net profit of $2984 . I also made $3500 ish a day before but gave back $2700 of it with FORCE Trading trades that was not there. ( no signal ) .

This business is a game of probabilities and you should enjoy $$$$ from using Strategy 3 but if you had couple of losing days you should not give up .

can I suggest to do an experiment.. close all your charts and donot look at any charts what so ever and just trade with numbers given to you by EE. Some how I think you do better . Human have tendency to see trades that is not there specially if you get bored and many traders lose their money this way ...

grey1

iraj