Grey 1 where and why did he vanish?

How could anyone possibly misunderstand ? (although to their credit t2w's management did a pretty convincing job of doing so)

If you have a website, which states that you are charging for a range of services (signals, training and mentoring, indicators, automated systems etc) then by any reasonable definition you are a vendor.

If you are vendor, then T2W generally awards you the badge of shame (apart from certain people who are more equal than others who we cant openly discuss without a ban)

Advertising a product or service via a website, and charging those who wish to enjoy the benefits of that product or service is a strange definition of karma.

Perhaps you should talk to grey1's web design company, I'm sure you would be most enlightened :devilish:

It was not his site - that is my understanding

Grey1's departure was probably the best thing that could have happened for the inhabitants of Technical Trader, I mean this in the kindest way. This is a game for leaders, and not followers, can it really be taught by anyone other than yourself?.

J1234 your “MILLIONDOLLARCODE ” thread really is very amusing, keep the laughs coming. I could point out fundamental issues with your systems, and your system testing, just by looking at your performance summaries, but I feel, as with so many things on this site now, it would simply be a waste of my time..

:love:………………

if you are a newbie to trading I suggest you stay away from trading forums, this is the best trading advice you will ever get..

till next year. Good trading

Last edited:
i am jayjay121, the supposed demon who took your grey1 from you.

im no saint but i think its time to move on, i have and i was the one who lost the most from the experience.

How is it that you lost the most from the experience?

Grey1's departure was probably the best thing that could have happened for the inhabitants of Technical Trader, I mean this in the kindest way. This is a game for leaders, and not followers, can it really be taught by anyone other than yourself?.

J1234 your “MILLIONDOLLARCODE ” thread really is very amusing, keep the laughs coming. I could point out fundamental issues with your systems, and your system testing, just by looking at your performance summaries, but I feel, as with so many things on this site now, it would simply be a waste of my time..

:love:………………

if you are a newbie to trading I suggest you stay away from trading forums, this is the best trading advice you will ever get..

till next year. Good trading

belfan, look mate what ever ok. im making money almost every day with my code (not the one shown on that thread), i could post up the live (not performance report) and show you the last 6 months progress if you really wish me to do so but like you im also tried and fed up with posting as it too wastes my time. Im really over forums now.

Im really happy and if it does interest you i have a way to do all my testing and always use worst case senerios, for example the fills must go past my entry/exit points for me to even consider it a valid stat to work with as i only ever use limit orders and provide liquidity. Dont look blindly and judge me on things you dont even know, im at a level in my trading now which is probably evolved further than grey1 himself and i did that by hard work and determination and no ego what so ever, no pride. I would honestly say im a better trader than grey1 now as i worked very closely with him and was never comfortable with the risks he took, also im not a trend trader like grey is, i beleive scalping is the best form of trading and less risky and this was only proven to me by my thorough testing, i see that now looking back. My postion size now is only very small but multiplied among many instruments only trading very high prob set ups which is where i get my frequency from by trading many instruments and frequency is very over looked imo, if you have postive expectancy you should trade it as much as poss, cashflow, turnover if you like.

retail traders can't do this though, can they?

I don't see why not. Odds stacked against em but it's doable. It's what, about 5k to open a futures account?

If they can pay less than, I dunno, £3 a round trip they could make money.

Alternatively in FX I think some of the ECNs rebate you for providing liquidity, right? I'm not actually certain.

I wish!
I don't know of any retail traders who enjoy a deal as good as that. (I'm not saying there aren't any - I just don't know of any.) There might be a few iffy brokers out there offering rates this low - but none of the majors are, AFAIK. The only way to significantly reduce round trip charges I know of is through exchange membership but, obviously, there are costs involved with that.

This is where I get deluged with posts from loads of peeps saying they only pay $3.00 RT!
:LOL:
Tim.

Sure they do - geofhill here, for exmaple, pays about 80p on ftse, which is not much more than I do.

Admittedly he does a lot more size than most retail traders. But it's perfectly possible :)

Don't forget it depends on the product as well. On CME/CBOT stuff being an exchange member is far more important than it is on LIFFE...

I don't see why not. Odds stacked against em but it's doable. It's what, about 5k to open a futures account?

Alternatively in FX I think some of the ECNs rebate you for providing liquidity, right? I'm not actually certain.

MB Trading has just started doing that I think (I don't trade forex though).

£3 is about $4.80, and you can definitely get less than that with IB. You have to do some size though, I think over 2500 round trips a month.

You could open a futures account with 5 grand, but in my opinion it would be a poor idea.

I wish!
I don't know of any retail traders who enjoy a deal as good as that. (I'm not saying there aren't any - I just don't know of any.) There might be a few iffy brokers out there offering rates this low - but none of the majors are, AFAIK. The only way to significantly reduce round trip charges I know of is through exchange membership but, obviously, there are costs involved with that.

This is where I get deluged with posts from loads of peeps saying they only pay $3.00 RT!
:LOL:
Tim.

Arabian was saying £ Tim, not $. $3 would be pretty sweet!

You can get a flat rate for all the major US index futures of $4.80 from Lions Futures, and that includes charting, data, all in (open e-cry).

Arabian was saying £ Tim, not $. $3 would be pretty sweet!

You can get a flat rate for all the major US index futures of $4.80 from Lions Futures, and that includes charting, data, all in (open e-cry).

Hi Paz,
Yes, you're quite right. I was getting my £££s and $$$s muddled up. GBP £3.00 R/T is indeed very doable. USD $3.00 is a tough call.
(y)
Tim.