Green dots

All this rep power, top 10 leaderboard, no. dots, etc. does is distract from what we are all supposed to be here from - learn about trading.

And how many posts have there been about learning how to trade lately? Several members have publicly displayed and told us that they no longer consider this site as an educational place. They only hang around for fun, to take a break, or to chit-chat. Unless you change that, any other change is only artificial.

Hello split. I did suggest that T2W could perhaps award its members with an exchange system. What I mean is, you could cash in your dots/points for perhaps T2W paraphernalia . Like 1500 for a T2W retail traders dressing gown perhaps or a T2W coffee mug for 300 ?

Now i thought that would be a good idea, sadly the members who add value ,literally, are often just left in the rain . LOL well for 1000 you get the Logo'd T2W golfing brolly !

Do you feel me ? well for 1200 what about those leather driving gloves providing cushioned feedback to whatever the wearers feeling ?huh ,huh ?

Ya know split how do you feel with an exchange for AIR MILES ? should we make it a reality ?

WHAT IF ?

Come on. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

That's dreamin'.

And how many posts have there been about learning how to trade lately? Several members have publicly displayed and told us that they no longer consider this site as an educational place. They only hang around for fun, to take a break, or to chit-chat. Unless you change that, any other change is only artificial.

True, and i'm maybe part of the problem, if i'm not part of the trading solution....Mainly I'm not willing to go into specifics about my trading style, which is understandable as few others do. However, i have/do provide general info about trading, brokers, IT etc. that is all useful to a trader.

The other website that i recently signed up to, i will not post on AT ALL, unless it is strictly trading related.

Same should now go for T2W actually. The subject has to be trading/broker/IT related for me to post.....
But then, what afterall is wrong with posting in the foyer, it is there for non-trading related random chat, members enter at their own discretion. The foyer is a valuable learning resource often, for many none trading related subjects, and still part of the T2W experience. There is afterall more to life than candlesticks!

PS. I am aware that you haven't criticised the foyer, or people who only post on T2W in the foyer. I'm just making a general point.
:)

Last edited:
Some would say the green dots are an slightly insulting incentive to post on an "adult" forum, designed to mesmerise....

I tyhink the cocept of a "rep" is a good one. But perhaps the flashy nature of the dots brings the integrity of the giving & receiving process into question....but still, its all only a bit of fun, if someone doesn't like them, stop giving other people rep, and u can be fairly sure that the rep u receive will to some extent dry up!

As a matter of fact, I'm a bit tight with reps!

You won't see all that many of mine around. Not because I don't want to but because I don't think of it.

Another reason for not giving me any. :idea:

Hello split. I did suggest that T2W could perhaps award its members with an exchange system. What I mean is, you could cash in your dots/points for perhaps T2W paraphernalia . Like 1500 for a T2W retail traders dressing gown perhaps or a T2W coffee mug for 300 ?

Now i thought that would be a good idea, sadly the members who add value ,literally, are often just left in the rain . LOL well for 1000 you get the Logo'd T2W golfing brolly !

Do you feel me ? well for 1200 what about those leather driving gloves providing cushioned feedback to whatever the wearers feeling ?huh ,huh ?

Ya know split how do you feel with an exchange for AIR MILES ? should we make it a reality ?

WHAT IF ?

Come on. YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT!

Good post CB

can see FW needing a new pair of slippers later today, sure he would love a pair with a nice T2W logo on them :cheesy:

Attachments

• H Smarties.jpg
    H Smarties.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 552
  • slippers.jpg
    slippers.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 550
aw cummon, split, don't be a spoilsport. With a bit more effort you can be "absurdly wonderful" like Andy :cheesy:

As a matter of fact, I'm a bit tight with reps!

You won't see all that many of mine around. Not because I don't want to but because I don't think of it.

Another reason for not giving me any. :idea:

The problem with the dots system is that say split has made 2565 posts and he only has 3 green dots - then a typical member may thing F'ing hell that Splitlink must be a bit of a lame duck!

Compare this to somone who had made 500 posts yet has 6 yellow dots, and the typical T2W member is maybe thinking something like - Dear god! member X must be a trading Messiah! I shall follow his every word!

For me, this "rep power" issue is the biggest inequality for me. I may have 6000 points gained from 40 reps received from the likes of firewalker.
Member Y might have 6000 points gained from 200 reps from people with small "rep power."

So for me, "rep power" is what leads to abuses in the system, as the big hitters attact potential "pip buddies," and it also doesn't show much in terms of how many actual people have found the members posts useful, and so can give a false impression.

The "rep power" system does not treat people as equals. The "thanked" system does.

But then, what afterall is wrong with posting in the foyer, it is there for non-trading related random chat, members enter at their own discretion. The foyer is a valuable learning resource often, for many none trading related subjects, and still part of the T2W experience. There is afterall more to life than candlesticks!

PS. I am aware that you haven't criticised the foyer, or people who only post on T2W in the foyer. I'm just making a general point.
:)

Indeed, I never said Trade2Win can't have a 'lighter side'. In fact, I have suggested The Foyer on several occasions, one of them recently being the 'incident' with Holy Grail who clearly showed his purpose was nothing else than to derail other threads. If moderators don't want or can't ban a member, at least restrict him to The Foyer and move him off the front page, so people interested in trading can actually find their way to a decent thread.

The only problem I have, is that right now there seem to be more people interested in the typical "Foyer-talk" than anything else.

The "rep power" system does not treat people as equals. The "thanked" system does.

Than I think what's necessary, is to change the "rep power", not the reps themselves.

You're right. It creates this exponential effect which soon will be out of control.
After all, if I'm dealing out a rep, I'm currently giving away 127 points :eek:

Good post CB

can see FW needing a new pair of slippers later today, sure he would love a pair with a nice T2W logo on them :cheesy:

Please, don't say anything, time is the most precious thing you can give.

Well lookie at this for 2500 points you could get a T2W (subtle logo'd) everday sports watch. Waterproofed to -50 metres !

Indeed, I never said Trade2Win can't have a 'lighter side'. In fact, I have suggested The Foyer on several occasions, one of them recently being the 'incident' with Holy Grail who clearly showed his purpose was nothing else than to derail other threads. If moderators don't want or can't ban a member, at least restrict him to The Foyer and move him off the front page, so people interested in trading can actually find their way to a decent thread.

The only problem I have, is that right now there seem to be more people interested in the typical "Foyer-talk" than anything else.

True.

A possible solution to this would be to disable repuation points being awarded in the foyer :idea:.

This would enable T2W content to remain more trading related perhaps, as some may then have lost a motive to post in the foyer.

Last edited:
True.

A possible solution to this would be to disable repuation points being awarded in the foyer :idea:.

This would enable T2W content to remain more trading related perhaps, as some may then have lost a motive to post in the foyer.

They are actually reps being dealt out in The Foyer? :-0
I need to get my ass around there quickly :LOL:

Andy is absurdly generous in his smarties!

People are referring to' dots as smarties.

Maybe we should think abart them in terms of another pill like object thats also capable of bringing about delusions.

(not referring to anyone in particular like)

Everytime I write a post, these days, it seems that I accummulate more of those little green dots

This is not technically correct because you are beyond acquiring green dots and are now acquiring the yellow(ish) ones instead.

Paul

Yellow Peril

This is not technically correct because you are beyond acquiring green dots and are now acquiring the yellow(ish) ones instead.

Paul

Oh no ...........................!

Yellow Peril

Split pack your bags quick ....its mutated

Attachments

• yellow peril.jpg
    yellow peril.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 382