Greece may exit the Euro ?

What has the US really done about Crimea? Not a whole lot.

Coupled with drop in oil and gold price; as well as sanctions impacting the Ruble, causing Russia to import inflation, taking a hit on reserves, as well as ban on EU exports and good few other issues not much. Russia has come out of it admirably well imo.

Ok comrade @Atilla

не стоит благодарности

Why indeed. It is your mess to clean up. Greece is part of the EU and as such it is not our problem. I love how you guys complain about us being everywhere and being world police and here you are saying the US should intervene and help. You can't have your cake and eat it. If you give a mouse a cookie, he will want some milk.

Haha ain't that the truth :LOL:

You seem to do well having jam today and jam tomorrow what's wrong with EU wanting some. Team work and all that. Let's work together. Remember your roots bro (y)

U gonna givus some change or not :cool:

Haha ain't that the truth :LOL:

You seem to do well having jam today and jam tomorrow what's wrong with EU wanting some. Team work and all that. Let's work together. Remember your roots bro (y)

U gonna givus some change or not :cool:

Gordon Bennett! Be da change yew wan' ter 'appen. Why do yew fink we left Europe in da 1600s. My ancestors 'ad 'ad enuff by da 1700s.

Gordon Bennett! Be da change yew wan' ter 'appen. Why do yew fink we left Europe in da 1600s. My ancestors 'ad 'ad enuff by da 1700s.

Ahem
Probably got expelled for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
you know what.

:p

Some of my ancestors are still big in Philly from the 1600s.

Ahem
Probably got expelled for ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
you know what.

:p

Some of my ancestors are still big in Philly from the 1600s.

Huh? Who on Earth cares about a low income high crime area like Philly? Philly cheese steak, blechhh! I am more concerned with Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and the like. Those were the important settlers. :p I don't care much for Pennsylvania in general.

It is ironic that you mention being expelled only to become a part of the wealthiest nation on Earth in just 3 centuries. They were tired of the old ways, which do not seem to have benefited you very much, especially if you want a bail out.

Huh? Who on Earth cares about a low income high crime area like Philly? Philly cheese steak, blechhh! I am more concerned with Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire and the like. Those were the important settlers. :p I don't care much for Pennsylvania in general.

It is ironic that you mention being expelled only to become a part of the wealthiest nation on Earth in just 3 centuries. They were tired of the old ways, which do not seem to have benefited you very much, especially if you want a bail out.

Wealthiest nation ? Haven't you forgotten something ? Like the $17 trillion debt ?
You are bust brother thanks to George Dubbya and now they are trying to foist his brother into the Presidential suite. Talk about masochism. Could have spent a bit of it on the water crisis in Cali.

Last edited:
Wealthiest nation ? Haven't you forgotten something ? Like the $17 trillion debt ?
You are bust brother thanks to George Dubbya and now they are trying to foist his brother into the Presidential suite. Talk about masochism.

Wow! You are obviously missing the fact that the US makes $17 trillion. The United States and the UK have similar debt-to-GDP ratios. That is only $1 trillion short of the GDP for the entire EU, which is comprised of 28 countries. I would be pretty happy making the same as all 28 of my neighbors combined. I would rather make $1,000,000/year and have $1,000,000 in rolling debt than make $50,000/year and have no debt. You bring up these issues as if you know about them. Regardless of how indebted California may be, it still rivals the economy of the UK, which is actually "four countries".

Screen_Shot_2015_06_09_at_12_23_56_PM.png

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/GC.DOD.TOTL.GD.ZS/countries/1W-US-GB-GR-PT-CY-IT?display=graph

Could have spent a bit of it on the water crisis in Cali.

California's debt is 6.55%. State and local debt combined is 17.98%. That is considerably lower than the UK's. California's GDP is $1.9 trillion. It makes nearly as much as the UK with about 5x less debt.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/compare_state_spending_2015pH0d

Be happy :D

Last edited:
You are bust brother thanks to George Dubbya and now they are trying to foist his brother into the Presidential suite. Talk about masochism. Could have spent a bit of it on the water crisis in Cali.

This is an article from 2012

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-debt-has-increased-more-under-obama-than-under-bush/

The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

It was $15.566 trillion now it's....what do you say? $17 trillion? I suppose being the left wing apologist you are, you will find some way of pinning the blame on anyone but a democrat.:rolleyes:

This is an article from 2012

National Debt has increased more under Obama than under Bush
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/national-debt-has-increased-more-under-obama-than-under-bush/

It was $15.566 trillion now it's....what do you say? $17 trillion? I suppose being the left wing apologist you are, you will find some way of pinning the blame on anyone but a democrat.:rolleyes:

There is something wrong with this article compared to others I've read about estimations for the war! Estimates were 6-8 trillion + and this does not account for continued medical bills and replacements and this was guestimated to take it up to 12 trillion.

The US has also assembled a private army of contractors and ex-military servicemen in the name of security companies. There are slush funds all over the place.

I don't have the time or the energy to dig into it but 4 trillion is a gross under-estimate.

Bush also received a healthy economy from Clinton with reduced debt from 66% to 56% of GDP.

Finally, I doubt one can glean any information as budgets will be disguised to not reveal operations. So anyone can say what they want.

I'd double the represented figure and perhaps triple it.

Obama Debt

What about this chart? Says it all!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ObamaDebt.png
    ObamaDebt.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 1,079
@AtillaYou are really good at dodging questions and not providing any evidence to your claims. You also seem to bounce all over the place with your claims. You say there are slush funds all over place and then speak of how broke the US is. Make up your mind. Please address the statements and questions below.

The U.S. debt put in perspective to other countries. The US and the UK have similar debt-to-GDP ratios.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/GC.DOD.TOTL.GD.ZS/countries/1W-US-GB-GR-PT-CY-IT?display=graph

There is something wrong with this article compared to others I've read about estimations for the war! Estimates were 6-8 trillion + and this does not account for continued medical bills and replacements and this was guestimated to take it up to 12 trillion.

Sources buddy, decent sources!! The amount of debt someone has, is meaningless without comparison. Two people have $100,000 in debt, but person A makes $1,000,000 and person B makes $100,000. Person A is in much better financial shape than person B even though they carry the same amount of debt. Throwing a figure around like $17 trillion is meaningless without looking at other financial information.

Let's address your comments about California.
California's debt is 6.55%. State and local debt combined is 17.98%. That is considerably lower than the UK's. California's GDP is $1.9 trillion. It makes nearly as much as the UK with about 5x less debt.

The US has also assembled a private army of contractors and ex-military servicemen in the name of security companies. There are slush funds all over the place.

Let's stay on topic about the debt. Slush funds but yet they are broke?

I don't have the time or the energy to dig into it but 4 trillion is a gross under-estimate.

Cite you sources. So basically what you are saying is that you believe this to be the case but have absolutely no proof and are too lazy to provide any authoritative evidence. (n)

Bush also received a healthy economy from Clinton with reduced debt from 66% to 56% of GDP.

Finally, I doubt one can glean any information as budgets will be disguised to not reveal operations. So anyone can say what they want.

I'd double the represented figure and perhaps triple it.

What's is your point here?

Your charts requires more explanation @new_trader

attachment.php

I don't dispute the debt.

Just considering the composition of that debt.

Do not expect honest clear and concise accounts.

People will talk about medicare and various social costs and totally ignore wastage in other areas killing and mutilating innocent people in the name of national interest in acts of war.

Bush declined to authorise $100m to strengthen New-Orleans sea defenses but was quite happy to give tax breaks and concessions to Dallas oil companies. We subsequently all know what happened there right?

There was an interesting report from University of Cambridge. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-failed-u-k-as-productivity-weakness-persists

It points to manufacturing base decimation and distribution of incomes as points of interest coupled with liberalisation of financial markets which could not be sustained because they were based on debt.

I do concur debt is not good. Unless it is for productive purposes. Even then it must be managed to ensure ROI.

Solution remains the same wrt our debt;
- raise taxation
- keep interest rates low
- cut social benefits
- invest in infrastructure and manufacturing; production capability

@Atilla you brought up California's debt and the US debt. Why don't you expound upon them?

People will talk about medicare and various social costs and totally ignore wastage in other areas killing and mutilating innocent people in the name of national interest in acts of war.

Bush declined to authorise $100m to strengthen New-Orleans sea defenses but was quite happy to give tax breaks and concessions to Dallas oil companies. We subsequently all know what happened there right?

What is the point here. We all know what happened in New Orleans. First you talk about debt without regard to GDP, then slush funds and private military and now hurricane Katrina. You haven't stated a point to any of these statements.

There was an interesting report from University of Cambridge. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-failed-u-k-as-productivity-weakness-persists

It points to manufacturing base decimation and distribution of incomes as points of interest coupled with liberalisation of financial markets which could not be sustained because they were based on debt.

I do concur debt is not good. Unless it is for productive purposes. Even then it must be managed to ensure ROI.

Solution remains the same wrt our debt;
- raise taxation
- keep interest rates low
- cut social benefits
- invest in infrastructure and manufacturing; production capability

Every time the Democrats in the US raise taxes it doesn't affect the wealthy anyway. The poor never really have to pay that much tax because they are on welfare and the rich have high powered lawyers to lobby for them. I don't really care the rich can do this, it will be what it will be. The increase in taxes always falls upon the middle class. Look at the UK, they no longer have a middle class.

@AtillaYou are really good at dodging questions and not providing any evidence to your claims. You also seem to bounce all over the place with your claims. You say there are slush funds all over place and then speak of how broke the US is. Make up your mind. Please address the statements and questions below.

Slush fund - for one to dip hands in with no accountability.

The U.S. debt put in perspective to other countries. The US and the UK have similar debt-to-GDP ratios.

Sources buddy, decent sources!! The amount of debt someone has, is meaningless without comparison. Two people have $100,000 in debt, but person A makes $1,000,000 and person B makes $100,000. Person A is in much better financial shape than person B even though they carry the same amount of debt. Throwing a figure around like $17 trillion is meaningless without looking at other financial information.Agreed as ability to pay debt is key.

Let's address your comments about California.

Can you compare California not to UK but rest of US.

Why don't you compare it to a state which is run well and has a balanced budget.

California - does it have defence bill? UK does!

Can you kindly get off this business about California being 1000 x the size of UK please. You are like a broken record mate.

Let's stay on topic about the debt. Slush funds but yet they are broke?

All uncle Sam has to do is tweak it's spending on guns imo. They'll soon run out of bodies to shoot at. I'm sure that's why they are looking for life on Mars.

Cite you sources. So basically what you are saying is that you believe this to be the case but have absolutely no proof and are too lazy to provide any authoritative evidence. (n)

You don't understand! The military and all these establishments like the CIA are not going to disclose their expenditures to you. What you see in that budget is probably tip of the ice berg.

Looking after 20,000 limbless troops and their medical bills don't even come out of their budget. That's externals, wtf has that got to do with defence. In fact marines become fodder in the system and drop outs and vagrants living in sheds or trailers once discharged.

What's is your point here?

Your charts requires more explanation @new_trader

POINT is look at the composition of debt to understand where it has originated from. :idea:

For example: Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

But hang on a minute that's not the army they are private security firms right? Nope US military with covert missions to deliver.

Who pays them and what budget does it come under?

Last edited:
POINT is look at the composition of debt to understand where it has originated from. :idea:

For example: Blackwater: The Rise of the World's Most Powerful Mercenary Army

But hang on a minute that's not the army they are private security firms right? Nope US military with covert missions to deliver.

Who pays them and what budget does it come under?

I may sound like a broken record only because you make a statement and then you do not expound upon it. You have mentioned so many divergent topics at once. Why don't we do one at a time? If you have no interest in discussing them, why bother posting such things?

Why does California need a defense bill?

That point about secret spending is moot since, the UK has MI-6. Do you think the UK is releasing all of their information either. Let's keep apples with apples.
CIA does not need to release that information. The money they get isn't always from the government. I mean, come on, think about it. They bust some drug lord, and put someone else in his place sympathetic to them. They are generating revenues from all kinds of clandestine operations.

Let's have a non-juvenile debate without going off the rails about Mars?

I may sound like a broken record only because you make a statement and then you do not expound upon it. You have mentioned so many divergent topics at once. Why don't we do one at a time? If you have no interest in discussing them, why bother posting such things?

Why does California need a defense bill?

That point about secret spending is moot since, the UK has MI-6. Do you think the UK is releasing all of their information either. Let's keep apples with apples.
CIA does not need to release that information. The money they get isn't always from the government. I mean, come on, think about it. They bust some drug lord, and put someone else in his place sympathetic to them. They are generating revenues from all kinds of clandestine operations.

Let's have a non-juvenile debate without going off the rails about Mars?

You got me :sneaky:

Weren't you the one challenging Splitlink when he said CIA/US government was doing deals with drug cartels of sorts and disputed the fact.

Not knocking it, as I do agree as these organisations are quite happy to do deals with anyone including terrorists if it comes under their national interest guidelines.

Let's close this one and get back onto Grin-eu debate :)

I do ramble sometimes that's for sure. (y)

You got me :sneaky:

Weren't you the one challenging Splitlink when he said CIA/US government was doing deals with drug cartels of sorts and disputed the fact.

Not knocking it, as I do agree as these organisations are quite happy to do deals with anyone including terrorists if it comes under their national interest guidelines.

Let's close this one and get back onto Grin-eu debate :)

I do ramble sometimes that's for sure. (y)

Please do!

Left wing party Syriza says it would be "unthinkable" to pay back their debt before first giving €2.6 billion euros of borrowed money to pay for pensions and hire back 600,000 public servants so that they have their comfortable jobs. :eek:

_83100203_greece_debt_repayment_timeline_june.gif

_83100202_greece_debt_repayment_timeline_july.gif

_83100201_greece_debt_repayment_timeline_august.gif