good trading system

I found the Lindencourt system available in PDF form on google. I didn't think the setups were secret. Maybe that was just someone that leaked the materials.

This the same as what you're talking about?
http://www.lindencourt.net/Daily.pdf

There are two Lindencourt methods ... the freely available Daily method ... and the 15minute method, which Andrew Searle, the author, sells for £99.

The two methods are chalk and cheese ... and although you can operate the 15M method on higher TF, the Daily method would probably not be as effective at anything shorter than the 4H TF.

See new thread here ... http://www.trade2win.com/boards/com...w-searles-lindencourt-method.html#post1214416

PS - Thanks Hittfield - I was constructing the post when your reply intercepted!

Cheers

Ivan

any trend system works [in a trend*] if one has the discipline to stick to the rules and sensible money management.

suppose 100 people wanted to win a gold medal at the olympics. The strategy would be broadly similar for everyone but how many would get to the final? so its not just about the system but an x factor or us . but there are hundreds free strats out there that are ok to try on a demo.

*there are other styles of trading other than trend.

ingot

what happened to nials price action? do you prefer this new one?

There are many guns in my cupboard ... yes ... I am still using Nial Fuller's method, though tbh I have not been on the forum for a month or two.

I didn't have time to keep contributing to the forum, and my father passed away in February, so I let it (Nial's forum participation) go when Dad became quite unwell. I find that the best way to learn a method, is to become involved in the discussion of it, and this one and Nial's are no exceptions.

In time I will follow others, just as I have Forex Profit Monster, and ProFx - I think most of us would do the same as we seek to adopt an approach to trading that suits our personalities, time frame and risk profiles.

I really am not all that comfortable with the 15M TF, but I want to learn the shorter methods/and scalping approaches, to soften my nervous reactions to drawdown, and I need to improve my ability to take a loss.

It is OK to lose occasionally, though sometimes I take losing to new heights ... or depths!

:)

Nial's Price Action is a great tool. I see his "fakey" setups everywhere. they are something that is pretty obvious and I just never bothered to notice. Like that guy's style.

Yes I've got a Ferrari at a giveaway price - but you'll have to come fetch it and drive back through Africa

When you read advertisements regarding trading systems for stocks, commodities or currencies (forex), most of the advertisements tout a high percentage of winners. At the bottom of the advertisement, there is a disclaimer that states that hypothetical performance is not indicative of future results. The bottom line is that if a trading system were indeed so powerful, it would be sold to the public.Too often, new traders are focused on trying to find the Holy Grail of trading. They buy books and trading systems that imply performance that will make you a millionaire within a couple years. They show 80% to 90% winners, meaning that the system is just like an ATM machine. Yet, it is widely known that 90% of all traders fail.

Is it true that 90% of all traders fail?

What criteria are/were used to arrive at that conclusions? Just wondering! I would think that a trader who refused to give up after failing a gazillion times and then start generating consistent profits is not a failure. Just my thought, though!

Last edited:
what's success then? i mean, we all die (helluva health problem :D)

getting consistent, getting comfortable with the unknown outcome of each trade when its put on, and minimizing the emotional reaction based errors by looking at the Big Picture, and how what you're doing with each trade fits into that is more important than the good system.. there are many ways to make a buck. DIY, researcher.

A serious amount of study, blood , sweat, tears and investment in time doth a good system possibly make.

And for the Ladies amongst us................. go to dog training school to learn some discipline.

It may help.

Yet, it is widely known that 90% of all traders fail.

Yeth indeed.

But only because they are an undisciplined, greedy rabble and they would fail with any system you drop into their grasping paws.

1mindaily works

How did it perform lately? I heard from someone who's trading it that the last 4 weeks has taken his account down 50% trading only that system. (n)

Previous to that the returns were impressive.

He also mentioned Alpari being the culprit of this drawdown, I've never traded with bots, can someone explain how this can be down to the broker? I'm with IB and if I eventually open an account that can link with MT (ie another broker) I'd like to be sure I'm not picking a crappy one.

Thanks.