Good films

Actually, now I come to think of it in a proper light one of the most amazing films, if you are a fan of "allegorical" form, is Death in Venice. I'd be most happy to discuss it at length if I don't get banned for saying it.:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Great film...

"Blow-Up"

Blow-Up_DVD.jpg

883.jpg

18793143.jpg

Blow11_BM_Berlin_Mu_313804g.jpg

18480778.jpg

Blow3_BM_Berlin_Bre_313781g.jpg

Blow14_BM_Berlin_Mu_313809g.jpg

Blow17_BM_Berlin_Mu_313813g.jpg

Blow13_BM_Berlin_Mu_313807g.jpg

The Shining is a GREAT film IMO. Great actors all-round, great music, location, plot etc. £1 on VHS from the boot-sale!

Just watched a psychological thriller I guess you could call it.

The Game

Michael Douglas

An investment banker signs up for the game.....
a must see film for all those who are up their own a***s

A few films that I watched over Christmas.

Shut Up and Sing - A documentary following the Dixie Chicks after the lead singer made a casual remark about Bush at a London Gig. A massive backlash follows with a deliberate campaign by US Country Music Radio to boycott their music.4/5.

Shooter - Action thriller with Mark Wahlberg. An ex-Army sniper is coaxed out of retirment and is framed for the attempted murder of the President.3.5/5.

Life of Brian, Monty Python on in 13 mins film 4....... :)

also whilst I had vision loss this week, saw a film called the day the bubble burst, on tuesday ... not seen it before but about the 1929 crash or downtrend.... jesse livermoore featured, seemed like a sunday afternoon type flavour , on satelitte TV... ok film.......

Last edited:
Check out 'The Nines'. I saw this movie with rather low expectations considering the cast and storyline. And I must admit, the first 15 minutes couldn't convince me neither, I thought this was just another overrated B-movie. But I probably wouldn't have watched it unless someone recommended it to me, so I decided to watch it till the end and was pleasantly surprised.

The Nines challenges your perception in ways that David Lynch does sometimes. It's a carefully constructed story told in three parts revolving around the main character. The movie tosses out ideas but leaves some aspects unanswered. But it's not like you feel unsatisfied after having seen it, it's more like you want a re-run to see the details you've missed. I'd give this a 3,5/5 which is about the average score on imdb and RT, so looks like there's a consensus about that.

Check it out if you're in for something enigmatic with sparks of humour and drama.

The American Pie trilogy has been on over the last few days. You just gotta love the Stiffmeister ;)

(y) Really enjoyed "The Lives Of Others" which we watched the other week.

Also watched "The Deer Hunter" over the weekend. Forgot what a great film it is.

EK1

(y) Really enjoyed "The Lives Of Others" which we watched the other week.

Also watched "The Deer Hunter" over the weekend. Forgot what a great film it is.

EK1

Definately. It a long one, but very good, though not one to watch if you want to have a laugh.

KingPin (1996), Woody Harrelson & Bill Murray. Daft, but very funny. Very similar to Happy Gilmore, but about 10 pin bowling as opposed to golf. Was on E4 on Monday night. So should be repeated soon.

Stay. Ewan Mcgregor Naomi Watts

One of those keep you guessing deep thrillers. Quite good, watch it late at night...