Gold 2011/12

Who do you think is the third?

Because I'm trying to figure out why these two hell bent on talking gold up and hounding anyone who disagrees with them?

I can only suspect they have an agenda or very strong personal vested interest.

NT is requesting $50,000 to have his account audited. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Payment in gold to be deposited with Escrow... :cool:

Who on earth cares as to what position the poor dude is holding. WTF are these guys on. :eek: :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I think he has a crush on me... :love:

This guy needs some serious help. :idea:

Re: TheBramble's Short-Term Spot FX Biases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt
How the f**k do you watch so many crosses?

Multi-nicks.

New Trader is one of mine.

:clap: Post Number 88 on that thread, The Bramble's reply.

Re: TheBramble's Short-Term Spot FX Biases

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt
How the f**k do you watch so many crosses?

Multi-nicks.

New Trader is one of mine.

:clap: Post Number 88 on that thread, The Bramble's reply.

I doubt that very much.

Two totally different personalities or one very good impersonator???

I don't think so. I think that's in jest.

Gold held steady on Friday ahead of a speech by Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, who may hint at a third round of U.S. bond-buying to stimulate the economy -- a move which could prompt a turn to bullion as a hedge against inflation.

Don't Miss This Pivotal Breakout In Gold ETFs ($GLD, $DGP)

Throughout the latter half of last week, we were stalking DB Gold Double Long ($DGP), a gold ETF that is a leveraged version of the popular SPDR Gold Trust ($GLD), for potential buy entry (review our initial Aug. 27 technical analysis of the trade setup here and our Aug. 29 follow-up analysis here). Going into last Friday's (Aug. 31) session, DGP was listed on the ETF trading watchlist section of our newsletter as a potential ETF swing trade buy entry, just above the high of the previous day (Aug. 30), which also converged with the 200-day moving average.

Gapping higher on the open, DGP quickly triggered our buy entry, violently reversed all the way back down to just below the previous day's low, then headed back up again. Ultimately, this wild intraday price action was a "shakeout" that absorbed overhead supply (resistance), and enabled DGP to more easily move higher in the afternoon. Admittedly, it was a rough start to the morning, as $DGP initially plunged to nearly hit our protective stop price shortly after buy entry (Fed days are always tricky to trade). However, we stuck to the plan of our initial stop price and, less than one hour later, DGP had turned tail and rallied to a new intraday high. Thereafter, it rocketed higher in the afternoon and never looked back. When the dust settled, this leveraged gold ETF had concluded the day with an impressive 4.3% gain, positioning itself for further upside momentum in the near-term.

On the daily chart of DGP below, notice that the ETF has now convincingly broken out above resistance of its 200-day moving average (orange line), and is following through to the upside of its "bull flag" pattern (channeling blue lines) that we pointed out in our August 29 technical anlaysis of DGP:

120904$DGP-gold-breakout.png

Taking an updated look at the long-term monthly chart pattern of DGP, notice that it has also broken out above resistance of its downtrend line that began with to September 2011 high. This indicates that the one-year correction within its six-year uptrend may be finished. If it is, spot gold and DGP may now be ready to resume its dominant, long-term uptrend. Remember the longer a trend has been in place, the more likely the dominant trend will remain intact:

120904$DGP-gold-breakout2.png

With our ideal entry price of $52.16 on August 31, just above convergence of the 200-day moving average and the August 30 high, this ETF swing trade is already showing an unrealized gain of 3% on the first day of entry. Now that gold has broken out above a pivotal level of price resistance, we anticipate bullish momentum to carry gold ETFs such as $GLD and $DGP substantially higher, both in the near and intermediate-term.

With a price target of $56.80, we bought DGP with the intention of it simply being a short-term, momentum driven swing trade. Given the strength and high volume this gold ETF showed last Friday, DGP may actually rally to our target price rather quickly. If and when it does, we will automatically sell into strength to lock in a quick gain of nearly 9% on the trade. However, this does NOT mean we expect the gold breakout and rally to conclude when we sell. Rather, we simply anticipate a normal price retracement to occur near that level.

If a pullback forms when DGP takes a rest, it may result in the formation of another "bull flag," or perhaps a multi-week price consolidation, before DGP attempts to resume its newfound upside momentum. Since most of our swing trades are of a short-term nature, we prefer to simply wait for the next low-risk entry point to re-enter the trade, rather than sitting through a pullback or lengthy price consolidation. Nevertheless, intermediate-term traders may be comfortable sitting through a healthy price corection, and there is nothing wrong with that approach either. It's just a matter of one's personal risk tolerance, and we usually err to the conservative side when it comes to profit taking with ETF trading.

Some may be wondering if silver ETF (such as $SLV) is possibly a better trade right now than being long a gold ETF ($GLD or $DGP). Although spot silver has indeed been showing relative strength to gold over the past several weeks, we still prefer a play on the gold ETF right now because the longer-term (weekly and monthly) charts show less overhead resistance than with the silver ETFs. In tomorrow's ETF analysis, we will dive into that in more detail, along with a few annotated charts of gold and silver for comparison.

As for the overall broad market, we were encouraged by last Friday's "accumulation day," which should set a positive tone to the start of trading in this holiday-shortened week. Most of our other open positions (both ETFs and stocks) are looking pretty good now as well, and should be primed to rally higher if the main stock market indexes cooperate.

I came here because I thought Atilla had put his money where his mouth is and opened a short position in Gold...but no, just more deer in headlights nonsense. One minute you say it’s war that moves the price and now it’s the Fed talking about stimulus that moved the price. Make up your mind!

You have been nothing but bearish on Gold, so how about you stop posting pretty pictures of what you think will happen and just let us know when you’ve actually acted on your analysis. If I remember rightly, you’ll short if Gold goes up to $1700 where all the suckers are buying but if it bursts through $1700 you’ll change your sentiment. I’ll be watching to see what you end up doing.

08:56 Gold @ $1706.00

:LOL::LOL:

deer_in_the_headlights_by_clubpenguinsandwich-d3l9bsx.png

yep - gold looking good..........Violet line

Attachments

• gold gold gold.jpg
    gold gold gold.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 269
These are two limit orders.

First order - Sell @ 1720.00, Target @ 1620.00, SL @ 1820.00

Second order - Sell @ 1820, Target @ 1620.00, SL @ 2020.00

Risking <2%, R:R 1:1.

I preserve the option to move SL or close trade as and when I choose or change direction.

Reasons:
1. Expecting resistance at the Fib retrace levels of 50 / 61 %
2. See gold highly speculative and rises limited as a poor bet in current climate compared to investing in land, equities and property
3. As mentioned before I prefer to short the rises in gold then to go long

I trust you too will demonstrate two calls upon your choosing in what ever direction you feel will make you gains.

Attachments

• Gold_20120906.png
    Gold_20120906.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 153

I preserve the option to move SL or close trade as and when I choose or change direction.

Reasons:
2. See gold highly speculative and rises limited as a poor bet in current climate compared to investing in land, equities and property

I trust you too will demonstrate two calls upon your choosing in what ever direction you feel will make you gains.

The big gold bear will exit the trades at a measly 1620...this is called picking up pennies in front of a steamroller.

Just a few days ago you said you would change your sentiment (from bearish to bullish I assume) if it bursts through 1700 and now you're shorting it?

You are too hasty dude always keen to get your end away prematurely. Take it easy and see the outcome...

I'll change my sentiment if gold bursts through 1700.

I'll just have to wait for you to spin your wheel of fortune and tell me what your long term sentiment is for the week ahead. I suppose you'll continue with your bearish sentiment all the way up to $5000oz...

As for me, I won't be selling any of my gold for less than $3000oz, no need to ask me again, understand? Because unlike you I don't muddle up my fundamental analysis with my short term technical analysis, so my long term outlook doesn't change on a weekly basis like yours does. So if your pissy little trade works out, don't try and goad me into a response with your gloating, like you did in this thread.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities/112588-gold-commodity-currency-43.html#post1683314

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities/112588-gold-commodity-currency-43.html#post1683406

Like I said before, you can't take what you dish out...dumbass.

Good luck with the trade!

The big gold bear will exit the trades at a measly 1620...this is called picking up pennies in front of a steamroller.

Just a few days ago you said you would change your sentiment (from bearish to bullish I assume) if it bursts through 1700 and now you're shorting it?

I'll just have to wait for you to spin your wheel of fortune and tell me what your long term sentiment is for the week ahead. I suppose you'll continue with your bearish sentiment all the way up to $5000oz...

As for me, I won't be selling any of my gold for less than $3000oz, no need to ask me again, understand? Because unlike you I don't muddle up my fundamental analysis with my short term technical analysis, so my long term outlook doesn't change on a weekly basis like yours does. So if your pissy little trade works out, don't try and goad me into a response with your gloating, like you did in this thread.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities/112588-gold-commodity-currency-43.html#post1683314

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/commodities/112588-gold-commodity-currency-43.html#post1683406

Like I said before, you can't take what you dish out...dumbass.

Good luck with the trade!

Next time I want to change my mind, I'll send you a telegram. :LOL:

So to clarify I assume you have been buying the lows right - and you will not close your long run position until $3000s hit.

I do hope we have another run of the gold rush but I can't see it materialising just yet despite all the hype. We'll see how long it lasts.

I have been optimistic for quite some time and continue to be so. Even more so to be honest. In my world gold is a big headache. I'm more likely to buy it in times of war than monetary easing. Each to their own.

Good luck to you too!

Reasons:

Second limit order cancelled.

Only the first live trade stands.

Also, live trade SL amended to 1760.

First order - Sell @ 1720.00, Target @ 1620.00, SL @ 1760.00

Will look to adding to short if gold fall below 1700 again.

Last edited:
It must be a little concerning for Gold bugs that we have infinite QE3 (and infinite QE3+ announed this week) and yet pm's are substantially off their highs.

It must be a little concerning for Gold bugs that we have infinite QE3 (and infinite QE3+ announed this week) and yet pm's are substantially off their highs.

It may be testing support at 1700 before proceeding up past 1800 :idea:

Like to see it around 1670 before further convincing falls imo. Worth another short below 1700 though. We'll see. ;)

There wasn't much structure built on the large moves up in G&S earlier this year. That's never good. That, and plenty sitting on long positions from the past 1 year+ that are underwater. Where are the new buyers coming from?

I'm still seeing new highs eventually, just not in the immediate future.