Going for it.,.

I have heard this!. WIll give them a go but if I get hassle will move to Capital or IG.

Actually my reason for choosing worldspreads was because they turned me down for a Job after 4 interviews. It was between me and 1 other person at that stage, so I want to take some money off them!(y)

I wish you every success but it has to be said that the above is an emotion that will do you no good whatsoever in live trading. Use your head, not emotions, and make a properly researched decision on everything you do, including choosing a broker/SB company. This might suggest that you're not ready to pull the trigger with real money, use the week-end for some serious reflection.

I really hope that when he says 18 months demo'ing, he really actually demo'd something rather than buying or selling on opinion and news :D

Sorry to patronise, you sure you've got a set plan for entries and exits, even if its discretionary, you have specific setups to look for i assume?

I really hope that when he says 18 months demo'ing, he really actually demo'd something rather than buying or selling on opinion and news :D

Sorry to patronise, you sure you've got a set plan for entries and exits, even if its discretionary, you have specific setups to look for i assume?

The very thought of you patronising someone is hilarious. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your own 100% winrate rather than someone else's?

Hi m8 honestly
if I am on demo 18 months with profitable system and I am confident enough I would just trade and rip Worldspreads apart if thats your aim... but we all think you re not confident enough otherwise you wouldnt be posting your memoir here.... correct me if I am wrong :sneaky:

[/COLOR]

I wish you every success but it has to be said that the above is an emotion that will do you no good whatsoever in live trading. Use your head, not emotions, and make a properly researched decision on everything you do, including choosing a broker/SB company. This might suggest that you're not ready to pull the trigger with real money, use the week-end for some serious reflection.

Hi m8 honestly
if I am on demo 18 months with profitable system and I am confident enough I would just trade and rip Worldspreads apart if thats your aim... but we all think you re not confident enough otherwise you wouldnt be posting your memoir here.... correct me if I am wrong :sneaky:

Sorry. I feel i need to clarify here, My comments about worldspreads were "tounge in cheek" Im not on a mission to beat the broker that did'nt give me a job, Was just trying to add a bit of light banter to my reason for selecting them.

I did'nt actually think anyone would belive that I thought I was going to take Worldspreads down with a 5k trading bank :) Never my intention

Apologies that my comments appeared to throw some people on my motives for trading.

Last edited:

I've actually been demo trading for 4 years, 18 months on the current system that I use.

I have very clear rules regarding Entries, Exits, Positions size and risk.

Last edited:
Sorry. I feel i need to clarify here, My comments about worldspreads were "tounge in cheek" Im not on a mission to beat the broker that did'nt give me a job, Was just trying to add a bit of light banter to my reason for selecting them.

I did'nt actually think anyone would belive that I thought I was going to take Worldspreads down with a 5k trading bank :) Never my intention

Apologies that my comments appeared to throw some people on my motives for trading.
Cool, dude... Again, good luck to you! To continue with my SciFi theme, live long and prosper!

I've actually been demo trading for 4 years, 18 months on the current system that I use.

I have very clear rules regarding Entries, Exits, Positions size and risk.

Good luck for Monday bud, can I ask why you 'demoed' for so long?

The very thought of you patronising someone is hilarious. Shouldn't you be concentrating on your own 100% winrate rather than someone else's?

Still jealous about that?
I don't need to concentrate on it really... Just takes 4 hours each morning with not much activity from me during that time. Plus it actually took its first loss, this was down to me messing up the entry (entered on the close rather than break of the high) - But thats no excuse, the statement don't lie :)

I appreciate your concerns though x

Still jealous about that?
I don't need to concentrate on it really... Just takes 4 hours each morning with not much activity from me during that time. Plus it actually took its first loss, this was down to me messing up the entry (entered on the close rather than break of the high) - But thats no excuse, the statement don't lie :)

I appreciate your concerns though x

I'm pretty sure this is about the fourth 'first loss' you've mentioned since crawling out from under your rock.

wow! 18 months! you have some patience man... but if you have really devoted this time seriously, i am sure you will not lose! GOOD LUCK!

Hey Guys!!

Well, not a bad 1st week, considering how jumpy I was entering my first real trades!

I had 8 Trades of which....

3 scratch
2 losses
2 winners
1 rediculous mistake.

The mistake was I sold CHF-JPY this morning, a trade which is now looking good! However, 10 mins after entering the trade I check the position and notice I have actually sold EUR-CHF!!!! IDIOT!!!, so I closed it and for a small loss. Sadly I missed my chance on CHF-JPY.

All in all Im happy with my first week, although I have to say it was a lot more stressful then I thought it would be!

On another note I'd like to say that I decided to trade with Capital Spreads and was a little shocked on how long it too some of the exit trades to be executed. Twice I actually waited 5 mins, then logged out and back in again and had to re-enter the closing trade!

DATE MARKET ACTION LEVEL ENRTY STOP LOSS RISK EXIT P/L £PL
17/6/2009 USD-JPY SELL £2 96.0000 96.75(MTB) 150 96.00 0 0
18/6/2009 EUR-JPY SELL £2 133.4200 134.1700 150 133.4200 0 0
18/6/2009 EUR-CHF SELL £3 1.5035 1.5085 150 1.5035 0 0
18/6/2009 EUR-GBP BUY £3 0.8541 STOPPED -150
18/6/2009 USD-CAD SELL £2 1.1281 1.1354 150 STOPPED -150
19/6/2009 CHF-JPY BUY £3 89.2000 89.7000 150 ****!!!!!!!
19/6/2009 NZD-USD BUY £4 0.9399 0.9362 160 0.9434 35 140
19/6/2009 EUR-GBP SELL £3 0.8476 0.8526(MTB) 150 OPEN

Last edited: