Giz a job!*

wasp

Legendary member
(cont. from earlier thread!*)

I am technically, a thick bugger, on paper that is. Failed most of my exams, got a BTEC in business at college then travelled and worked as cocktail bartender in Asia for a few years before my first trading related job.

15 years on. I'm ****ing brilliant! (even if I do say so myself!) and something Arb just mentioned on another thread got me thinking.

If I was looking to go to a prop shop, would I get a second look considering I can't add for toffee, plus all the time I would be thinking how they should be begging me to come to them. I keep reading about how difficult it is to get in to these places, yet I can prove my skills, I just don't have a degree....

Oh, and would it really be financially worthwhile? 2 random jobs I found...

Trader - FX Prop Trader job in Singapore - Financial Appointments
Experienced Proprietary Trader with good track record to join Prop Grp - Totaljobs.com

35k a year! USD! Not worth clicking on the link ffs!

print your statements off, go see a few shops on the list. So long as you're not trading with spanish style stops, you might be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities.

I cant add for toffee either! nor have a degree, except in drunken-ness

print your statements off, go see a few shops on the list. So long as you're not trading with spanish style stops, you might be pleasantly surprised at the possibilities.

I cant add for toffee either! nor have a degree, except in drunken-ness

Interesting.... A degree in drunken-ness, where do you get one of them?!

Oh, the shops part is quite tempting idea too! :cheesy:

Cheers

Now, there goes a man who's even got a bar named after him - within spitting distance of the old exchange - I can't think of anyone with any better qualifications!? :D

Cheers

Mayfly

(cont. from earlier thread!*)

I am technically, a thick bugger, on paper that is. Failed most of my exams, got a BTEC in business at college then travelled and worked as cocktail bartender in Asia for a few years before my first trading related job.

15 years on. I'm ****ing brilliant! (even if I do say so myself!) and something Arb just mentioned on another thread got me thinking.

If I was looking to go to a prop shop, would I get a second look considering I can't add for toffee, plus all the time I would be thinking how they should be begging me to come to them. I keep reading about how difficult it is to get in to these places, yet I can prove my skills, I just don't have a degree....

Oh, and would it really be financially worthwhile? 2 random jobs I found...

Trader - FX Prop Trader job in Singapore - Financial Appointments
Experienced Proprietary Trader with good track record to join Prop Grp - Totaljobs.com

35k a year! USD! Not worth clicking on the link ffs!

out of interest Wasp - why would you want a job?

UTB

out of interest Wasp - why would you want a job?

UTB

I was merely curious in regards to what something Arb said on another thread. TBH, I don't think anyone could justify the returns better than I can myself and I prefer my freedom as is.

I was merely curious in regards to what something Arb said on another thread. TBH, I don't think anyone could justify the returns better than I can myself and I prefer my freedom as is.

nice avatar BTW. God to see you've lost a few pounds recently.

UTB

Thought wasps were meant to be thin in the middle and thick at both ends !
Wearing Cornish black and yellow !!
( Just kidding Wops :) )

P.S. Still happy in NZ ?

Thought wasps were meant to be thin in the middle and thick at both ends !
Wearing Cornish black and yellow !!
( Just kidding Wops :) )

P.S. Still happy in NZ ?

lol! Nah, didn't like the place enough to live there, back in Blighty now.