Gilt Futures

splasher

Afternoon,
Could anyone kindly post a one year Dec Gilt Chart with Fib levels from the 12 month Hi and Lo??

Much appreciated

Splash

Thanks Tsuntzu,

How do you find CQG?
Just having a look at Tradermade as i need something to stick my lines and Fibs onto........

Splash

Dabbling yes
Haven't traded for six months and now trying slightly longer timeframes and only trading once or twice a week when i see something i like on the charts in small size.
Which was why i had chart question.....
Went long at 111.32 expectinga break either way but had my sells in at 111.97 and 112.27 so profit but missed the major move. Sitting quiet now waiting to see.
Are you daytrading/scalping?

tsuntzu said:
Nice trade :) Yes I am scalping. Gutted I missed the stop hunting mission that occurred today around 3:20pm, looked just my type of move. That will teach me for going Xmas shopping with the GF. Never mind perhaps tomorrows 3rd qtr GDP revisions will give me something to get my teeth into.

All the best with your trading.

How do you know it was stop hunting out of interest?
I assume you mean the move from 113.22 to 49 and back down into the 30 area.

Do you get a market commentary or is it just from chatting to other traders?

Good planning on the Xmas shopping BTW.....................mine will doubtless be 24th Dec again.........

Interesting................put small short on earlier at 40 as it felt a bit heavy but ignored my gut of taking profit at 15 and am now seeing how it pans out................i've got 113.01 as some congestion/psych level and if continuing down 112.77 as levels.
Do you trade anything else or jsut gilts?

splasher said:
Thanks Tsuntzu,

How do you find CQG?
Just having a look at Tradermade as i need something to stick my lines and Fibs onto........

Splash

I had real problems getting reliable price charts on the Bund in eSignal, now I use CQG. To be honest you cant really fault it (apart from the rollover using the DBP symbol). I also use their trading platform which keeps going through regular downgrades. Its very basic and a bit crap, if I'm honest, for high speed trading but its free and I position trade so I dont need the speed of scalping systems. CQG also has a backtester program built in which I find very useful.