GFT for spread betting

Thanks for that reply fibonelli.
Another question (and I know I should read in detail the terms and conditions) But I was on the understanding that you only have to pay (or recieve) Dividends on a spread account if you hold a position overnight.
I have been Debited £9.06 tuesday 6th feb at 16:36
Someone could explain this for me.
With everything I read about spread betting and there platfroms being only (INDICATIVE), sites slowing down as well as freezing, I am slowly losing the will to bet, but so enjoy it all. I mean I have lost money but thats not my gripe at all, as I look at the screen and watch it hit my stop, then as soon as my little ticker goes green I am there with my finger on the trigger to take the couple of pounds. The biggest win I have had is only £65 on £2pp with 4pt spread with IG. That was my very first trade. All down hill since then but do take it as a learning curve. Not griping at all about me losing.

Any help with the Dividend will be welcome. I just thought that you need to hold it overnight thats all, if I am wrong Im wrong and dont mind being wrong (which I think I am).

Thanks

ashwoka said:
Any help with the Dividend will be welcome. I just thought that you need to hold it overnight thats all, if I am wrong Im wrong and dont mind being wrong (which I think I am).

Thanks

I thought they did not charge roll over fees. I am waiting to have my acc opened and using their demo SB acc.

This is what i pulled up from their site:

Aside from the spread, GFT Global Markets does not charge you any additional brokerage or commission fees. The price we quote is the price you trade on, with no additional fees. When trading shares with a broker, or spread betting with other dealers, commission charges can affect your bottom line. With GFT Global Markets, all spread bets are commission free, no matter how many trades you place.

So do they charge roll over fees?...World Spreads is charging me £5 per day per trade for roll over!

kitelab said:
I thought they did not charge roll over fees. I am waiting to have my acc opened and using their demo SB acc.

This is what i pulled up from their site:

Aside from the spread, GFT Global Markets does not charge you any additional brokerage or commission fees. The price we quote is the price you trade on, with no additional fees. When trading shares with a broker, or spread betting with other dealers, commission charges can affect your bottom line. With GFT Global Markets, all spread bets are commission free, no matter how many trades you place.

So do they charge roll over fees?...World Spreads is charging me £5 per day per trade for roll over!

Of course they charge a roll over or funding charge. I use GFT and i must admit it is very good on par with Saxo bank and the other major providers. I have been using them for awhile and no problems yet...

MarvinS said:
Of course they charge a roll over or funding charge. I use GFT and i must admit it is very good on par with Saxo bank and the other major providers. I have been using them for awhile and no problems yet...

Why don't you use Worldspreads :cheesy:

laptop1 said:
Why don't you use Worldspreads :cheesy:

You can use GFT platform to trade 24hrs a day...that is what they told me, but with WS you cannot make a new buy/sell after certain hrs...all you can do is adjust stops/limits...also what WS told me. I like being able to trade 24/5 just like you would with a normal Forex broker.

Sorted out the Debit of £9.06 on my Account. It was an error on there part. Someone has done an adjustment a bit early or something.
Just glad I questioned it as I never Roll over.

One question I have regerding Memory.
I have a 256mb PC2100 DDR, XP Pro on a P4 2Ghz. Will putting it up to 1Gb Or 512mb Make that much difference to my system? I go onto the Crutial website and they have a little Gauge on there and from my 256 to 1 gig it is only 4 more notches on the performance meter. So in 2 minds wether to get more memory now or just wait till I replace this PC, but which might be a while.

ashwoka said:
Sorted out the Debit of £9.06 on my Account. It was an error on there part. Someone has done an adjustment a bit early or something.

I have a 256mb PC2100 DDR, XP Pro on a P4 2Ghz. Will putting it up to 1Gb Or 512mb Make that much difference to my system? I go onto the Crutial website and they have a little Gauge on there and from my 256 to 1 gig it is only 4 more notches on the performance meter. So in 2 minds wether to get more memory now or just wait till I replace this PC, but which might be a while.

Ashwoka, extra memory always helps any PC, whether is makes much of a difference to specific applications is something that only become apparent once it's installed. You will however notice XP to be more repsonsive.

My personal view is that you can never have too much memory and considering it's not very expensive (£ per mb) you win all round.

ashwoka said:

It all depends on your finances, i would replace the PC with a high spec off ebay (cheapest) or a recognised outlet. If you dont want to replace then definately boost to 1GB ram. I have 2Gb, but after a certain amount of ram you wont really notice the difference without upgrading the CPU etc.

ashwoka said:

Upgrade your PC and get the new windows Vista software!!

Don't trade Spread Betting with GFTUK !!!

I work on both forex and indice so i opened an account at GFTUK (since jan 2007)
At the beginning, every orders are filled (By system) without problem; i noticed that at this time, i don't really earn money.
Since Jan 2008, my trading is successful but, all my ordres are filled, requoted or reject by an humain dealer. One day the worst order take 9 minutes to be requote !!!
I cannot work with them anymore and probably I'll work with IB

Regards

A quick search here on t2w produced:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/search.php?searchid=1021615

Search at Elitetrader.com came up with:
Forums - GFT Forex - Please Help

Forums

GFT uses a dealing desk (dealer can requote you) but OANDA, The Currency Site: Foreign Exchange Services and Trading puts your order straight through without passing through a dealing desk..

Why not deal in currency futures ( low spread - no bucket shops) like Interactive Brokers:
Direct Access Online Trading, Options, Futures, Forex, Stock

upgrade ur pc

u really need to upgrade ur pc, 256mb of -pc2100 is poor. with the price of ram what it is, theres no reason not to have 1GB of pc3200

I have been with GFTUK for a couple of months now. On 2 occasions I place a Trade on ( at 1330 ) and as soon as I have placed it the screen freezes.............15 mins later the positions are placed on my screen.........then freezes again........10 mins later I am able to use the system. I did win that time as went short but if the system did not freeze on me I would of moved my Limit (which I would of done considering it was going down like a lead balloon). SO very annoying when that happens and accept the fact that the system can freeze but does this happen to everybody or just me. Sure feels like me when it happens. I do sit there and keep an eye on the screen waiting to unfreeze trying and checking everything.
So does this happen to other people, I am not sure whether my PC is up to the job. Its a
P4
256 ram PC2100
WinXP Pro
All updates etc
Not sure whether another 256 of ram will make much difference.
If anyone has any info please let me know. Not sure if its there end and there system gets clogged with all the orders, or my PC.
Thanks