Getfolio.com

ashpall

Has anyone heard or had any experience with Getfolio.com.

The have been on line since 1998 and have boasted some good returns. They are averaging 28.8% annually for the past 16 years since 1990. Moti Weinberg was a former mutual or hedge fund manager (I forget) and devised this mathematical trading system that has a built in money manager and trades value stocks. They appear very professional and when I wrote them about investing, they said their system should not be used if starting with less than 20k (USD). They recommended that I don't join until I have the money.

I am new to trading so any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Adam :confused:

I know this is an old post but I wanted to comment on my one year subscription ($600) with this lousy company. First, their philosophy is to invest in very small amounts--equal to 1/4 of 1% of the total amount you have to invest ($50 for $20,000 to invest) per stock recommendation. Second, they only give you stock recommendations when the stock market tanks--pulls back significantly. To become fully invested (they recommend 55%-60% of what you have to invest) with their recommendations would literally take several years. After you calculate the cost of the service and cost of stock transactions, you would more than likely be losing money the first few years until you become significantly invested in the market. For example, if you had $50,000 to invest and through their recommendations you were able to invest $2,000 the first year and earned 26% that year--the result is an increase of $520 and an overall portfolio increase of just 1.04%. If you subtract the $600 they charged you and perhaps $50 for your broker, you are at a loss of $130 in your first year. And that is only considering you earn a rate of return for the whole year that they advertise. My problem isn't necessarily with their philosophy as it is with their guarantee. They say if you don't beat the market, they will return your money. But you have to subscribe the whole year and provide proof of your stock purchases they recommended. In my situation, not only did they not beat the market, I didn't receive any recommendations! Not one! According to their tutorials, you are not suppose to purchase stock when their "Market Gauge" is above 20 (signifying a market pullback). So since their gauge did not fall to 20 or below I didn't receive any recommendations for the whole year. There response? "The guarantee is only for new subscribers who follow the recommendations and can provide proof, otherwise the cost of the subscription is non refundable." How's that for customer service? Hey, sorry we didn't provide you with any recommendations but I'm sure your $600 taught you something! Yes--what a lesson it taught me. Buyer beware!

Jeff

Has anyone heard or had any experience with Getfolio.com.

The have been on line since 1998 and have boasted some good returns. They are averaging 28.8% annually for the past 16 years since 1990. Moti Weinberg was a former mutual or hedge fund manager (I forget) and devised this mathematical trading system that has a built in money manager and trades value stocks. They appear very professional and when I wrote them about investing, they said their system should not be used if starting with less than 20k (USD). They recommended that I don't join until I have the money.

I am new to trading so any advice is greatly appreciated.

-Adam :confused:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I never did invest with this company.:)

I know this is an old post but I wanted to comment on my one year subscription ($600) with this lousy company. First, their philosophy is to invest in very small amounts--equal to 1/4 of 1% of the total amount you have to invest ($50 for $20,000 to invest) per stock recommendation. Second, they only give you stock recommendations when the stock market tanks--pulls back significantly. To become fully invested (they recommend 55%-60% of what you have to invest) with their recommendations would literally take several years. After you calculate the cost of the service and cost of stock transactions, you would more than likely be losing money the first few years until you become significantly invested in the market. For example, if you had $50,000 to invest and through their recommendations you were able to invest $2,000 the first year and earned 26% that year--the result is an increase of $520 and an overall portfolio increase of just 1.04%. If you subtract the $600 they charged you and perhaps $50 for your broker, you are at a loss of $130 in your first year. And that is only considering you earn a rate of return for the whole year that they advertise. My problem isn't necessarily with their philosophy as it is with their guarantee. They say if you don't beat the market, they will return your money. But you have to subscribe the whole year and provide proof of your stock purchases they recommended. In my situation, not only did they not beat the market, I didn't receive any recommendations! Not one! According to their tutorials, you are not suppose to purchase stock when their "Market Gauge" is above 20 (signifying a market pullback). So since their gauge did not fall to 20 or below I didn't receive any recommendations for the whole year. There response? "The guarantee is only for new subscribers who follow the recommendations and can provide proof, otherwise the cost of the subscription is non refundable." How's that for customer service? Hey, sorry we didn't provide you with any recommendations but I'm sure your $600 taught you something! Yes--what a lesson it taught me. Buyer beware!

Jeff

I was a subscriber years ago during the tech wreck, and the results are exaggerated. No way does he get those Madoffesque returns. I don't recommend this service at all.