Genesis System

interesting doc CJ, may have to have a closer look at that.

does it still work in modern markets? anyone tried backtesting it on recent data?

FC

:cool: FC. Yes, ISM Mfg Index out at 3pm. Looking forward to shorting later perhaps ;)

FetteredChinos said:
chow, just had a look at your journal.

not necessarily expecting a +ve day overall, just that i anticipate us breaking yesterdays highs today, and then breaking todays highs again tomorrow before heading down into friday.

hope this helps..

data out at 3pm isnt it today?

:)

FC

ooo its a biggie then.

hmm, i may be taking the other side of your shorts then!!..

turn around lol!

FC

well there we go. taken profit at 10,190 to bag 105 points.

not bad :)

now put a sell order in at 10,265. would be surprised if we hit that today. more likely (if at all, tomorrow)

FC

FC

Why have you taken profits now at 10190 if youve put a sell order in 75 points away, surely if you are that confident of reaching the sell target, shouldnt you have left the trade running????

Spen

the reversal on a thursday doesnt always happen, as far as i understand. and we have come quite a long way since 10,074 yesterday, and i dont want to see a reversal before then erode my profits.

i know we are all taught to run our winners etc. but you have to bag a profit sometime.

this is probably a can of worms that i have opened!!

:)

cheers mate, they all count.

i think i will be shorting tomorrow too. though i bet you have that as a positive day dont you lol? :)

FC

:cool: In one, FC :LOL:

FetteredChinos said:
cheers mate, they all count.

i think i will be shorting tomorrow too. though i bet you have that as a positive day dont you lol? :)

FC

Any luck with the Taylor googles....:?: :D

If not its thinking cap time.... :cheesy:

CJ

sorry mate. been too busy counting the loot today im afraid.

notice you have been posting stuff over on the other channel too.

i'll have a proper look tmr. promise

(fingers crossed behind back) :)

FC

Yes one can be a little more "out the box" over their... ;)

I wonder if dc uses a sprinkling of delta in the genesis mix ....hmmm :cheesy: :cheesy:

I wonder why DC hasnt repllied to this particular thread - especially with these sorts of questions outstanding ?

I think dc is enjoying the entertainment factor.....

Hits on the thread must be up as well??? :devilish:

Sure am A320

That and enjoying the profit from the two bites of the cherry today

FC (or anyone else). Any update on how the system has performed over the past week or so?

thanks

Neil