General Discussions on TT

How strange !!

New information for anyone interested:
Problem didn't go away after the clean re-install of the software.
E-mailed Metaserver to see if they had any suggestions.
They report that other users are having similar problems with multi-cpu PC's (with more than two cores) and the way to fix the problem is to set the Affinity for Server.exe (Globalserver) to one core only and the same for ts32.exe.
To do this, go into Task Manager - Processes - right-click on the program - choose Set Affinity and then choose which core to use for that program.
Apparently it's ok for the two programs to run on separate cores. We'll see. I'll report back in a day or so.
Glenn

OK here's the update for which you've all been waiting with bated breath - lol
The problems I've been having were caused by something unrelated to multi-core processing.
They were caused by having Futures symbols in Radar Screens !!!
(Just two symbols - Ftse and Dow futs). The symbols run ok in TS charts, but not Radar.
There is no logical explanaton for this to cause problems AFAIK, but it does.

Since removing the futs I have had no freezes or any other interruption to TS2000i/Globalserver/Metaserver.
So for futs trading I'm back with Sierra chart and the US stocks can run in TS2000i.
Sorry to bore you all, but you never know, this info might come in handy one day. :)

Glenn

Glenn,

I have futures in RS and I don't have this issue but it may be down to my using Hyperserver and not Metaserver.

Paul

Glenn,

I have futures in RS and I don't have this issue but it may be down to my using Hyperserver and not Metaserver.

Paul

Hi Paul
That's very interesting and worth following up, thanks.

Does anyone else use Metaserver and would they be willing to put a Future symbol into their Radar ?
(Warning - likely to freeze your Radar and/or Globalserver and having to re-load Tradestation and I certainly won't be surprised if no-one is willing to try it).

Cheers
Glenn

Hi

For those of you who use IB I have just received news that they are adding risk assessment functionality to their platform:

"Interactive Brokers is extremely pleased to announce the IB Risk Navigator, a real-time market risk management platform unifying exposure across multiple asset classes around the globe. "

The link to the information is: IB Risk Navigator(SM)

Of particular interest here might be the what-if scenarios that can be set up to examine how position sizing affects the risk

Charlton

Charlton