GBP/USD Pullbacks

Pipsaholic

Hi,

I heard that trading this pair has the least amount of pullbacks among the majors is it true?

I don't know as I only trade this pairing so have nothing to compare it to over a large sample, but in my experience with the pairing I would say it's trends probably like all trends have their 'impulsive' and 'corrective' moves on all t/f's, and that the corrective/pullback moves are plentyful. Recent 4hr PA example shows this clearly:

G/L

Hi,

I heard that trading this pair has the least amount of pullbacks among the majors is it true?

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 165
I will have to disagree with this premise. The less correlated the pairs, the more "pullbacks" you will experience. With a high correlation, you will experience more "basing" or consolidation. The GBPUSD isn't the most negatively correlated of the majors but it does have a fairly high negative correlation. Of course, every market environment is different and this is only a generalization over time.

I will have to disagree with this premise. The less correlated the pairs, the more "pullbacks" you will experience. With a high correlation, you will experience more "basing" or consolidation. The GBPUSD isn't the most negatively correlated of the majors but it does have a fairly high negative correlation. Of course, every market environment is different and this is only a generalization over time.
Most of the users on this site are not quite so astute, so would you mind explaining what the fork you are talking about . The GBP makes up about 8-14% of the dollar index unlike the AUD or NZD which liquidise the square root of fork all.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::smart::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover::clover:

The less correlated the pairs, the more "pullbacks" you will experience..

Correlated against WHAT ?

Perhaps you could give an example of a pair with a high positive correlation against whatever it is you are correlating against, a pair with a high negative correlation, and a pair with a correlation of zero.