Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Sunday opening is one that scares me as much as leaving a trade open friday night
But worth a try on a mini account

You mean playing the gap? "The gap must always be filled" etc?

That sort of thing. Means having a clear head Sunday night though which might not always be the case.

Been testing this break out on USD/CAD and seems to work well. Gonna give it a try next week. 20 stop/30 tp. Don't think its as reliable as cable !!

That sort of thing. Means having a clear head Sunday night though which might not always be the case.

Been testing this break out on USD/CAD and seems to work well. Gonna give it a try next week. 20 stop/30 tp. Don't think its as reliable as cable !!

May I know how do you trade sunday breakouts? when to go long or short?

Hi - I don't trade Sunday breakouts so not sure. Meant USD/CAD during the week like cable.

Hi - I don't trade Sunday breakouts so not sure. Meant USD/CAD during the week like cable.

I also trade the Asian overnight range with USD/CAD too, works very nicely but I don't think you get a setup everday like with Cable. Some days it doesnt break until noon.

I also trade the Asian overnight range with USD/CAD too, works very nicely but I don't think you get a setup everday like with Cable. Some days it doesnt break until noon.

I forward testing it from tomorrow with reduced stakes. Be good to trade 3 or 4 morning breakouts. Don't think my head or pc could handle any more. :confused:

I forward testing it from tomorrow with reduced stakes. Be good to trade 3 or 4 morning breakouts. Don't think my head or pc could handle any more. :confused:

Let us know how it goes Claudia. :)

By the way, just wondering. How do you cope with the Asian breakout when price breaks immediately after 6:59am? Do you quickly scramble an 'Order to Open' or just come in at market price?

Let us know how it goes Claudia. :)

By the way, just wondering. How do you cope with the Asian breakout when price breaks immediately after 6:59am? Do you quickly scramble an 'Order to Open' or just come in at market price?

Come in at market price - might miss a few points but these are normally the quickest trades as the market is obviously moving strongly in a direction.

out at 49 wooooooooooooo

morning 71 to 49 a good start.

I dont do EAs as I don't like Metatrader and I am not sure about aout trading, but I write prorealtime indicators which I use with alerts. I hope this might help specially if you start watching more pairs.

Charles

I've been watching 9 pairs over the past few months, and for low risk, cable is by far the most consistent. Personally if I can take these 20 - 30 pips most days, it will be a case of increasing stakes, and not looking for more pips that will keep me smiling.

I've been watching 9 pairs over the past few months, and for low risk, cable is by far the most consistent. Personally if I can take these 20 - 30 pips most days, it will be a case of increasing stakes, and not looking for more pips that will keep me smiling.

Probably the right way to go. 400 pips a month makes a good living for little effort. I finished for the day now