Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

How has it been going in the new year so far? I can only look at your trades after the fact as I am usually in bed, as I am in the US, mid country. But followed your trades before you stopped posting. Would love to see more action here.

maybe try again in new year I happy to post live trades - people watch the thread but dont speak. Bet they will when I take a loss!! What u say bang? i annoyed with me for giving up so easy lol

Hi all,

Just came across this post last week, had went through all pages and would like to try trading the Claudia's way

Today 1st day :
Long 1.54328
Close 1.54572

as I had set 25pips target, a bit luck

maybe try again in new year I happy to post live trades - people watch the thread but dont speak. Bet they will when I take a loss!! What u say bang? i annoyed with me for giving up so easy lol
hey just saw this thread.... live trade calls always sum up interest in my opinion... maybe u shpuld giv it a go.... :)

I just found this thread.. lots of chat about the system but what is the actual system and where are it's parameters discussed? I'm sure it's somewhere but there are over 140 pages of posts to go through to find it! Thanks!!

I just found this thread.. lots of chat about the system but what is the actual system and where are it's parameters discussed? I'm sure it's somewhere but there are over 140 pages of posts to go through to find it! Thanks!!

Hi Guys, I have been reading this thread for a couple of days.....!!!!

Basically, note the highs and low c/st closings between 1am bar and 6am bar on an hour chart GB/US.

Set an order to buy on the hi and sell on the lo...20 s/l and 20 t.p. Cancel one when the other is hit though..!!

Have a back test and practice on a demo account,

I have followed the link to the Forex open strategy on page 130...ish..!!

Pretty much the same principle but not entering until a direction is apparent, simple really and coining in on the early market trend development..You have to back test and demo test to realise that if you can identify a trend and follow it, you will be successful..!!!

I have tried it now, on Xmas eve and made 20 pips..yippee

Trend following, money management, exit strategy, it is all here....MXMAS&HNY

anyone else can feel free to explain better,

cheers Steve :cool:

Last edited:
Hello , I have read through this thread a couple of times and I thought that I would resurrect it.

I have adapted Claudia's system to trading the high [ + 5 pips ] and the low [ + 5 pips ] Break Out of cable.From 7 am to 11 pm GMT.Claudia traded from 7 am - 9.30 am .I have set a pending order to trigger any trade after 7 am.

My highs and lows range from midnight 00 o 6.55 and I use the 5 min chart to plot my Highs and Lows.I will trade both the highs and lows for the day if they are breached.Claudia would only trade 1 break per day.
I use a 30 pip stop and 30 pip target.In contrast to Claudia who used a 20:20 ratio.
Demo stake £ 1 per pip.

Results so far for the past 6 weeks .My trial on a demo platform started on 11.1.13.

Day 1 + 30 pips [1 W trade 100 % / agg 100 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 1 W 1 L 0]

WK 1 + 150 pips. [5 W trades 100 % / agg 100 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 6 W 6 L 0]

WK 2 + 90pips. [5 W trades/ 2 L trades 71 % / agg 84 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 13 W 11 L 2]

WK 3 + 90 pips. [5 W trades/ 2 L trades 71 % / agg 80 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 20 W 16 L 4]

WK 4+ 90 pips. [5 W trades/ 2 L trades 71 % / agg 77 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 27 W 21 L 6]

WK 5 + 60 pips. [4 W trades/ 2 L trades 66 % / agg 75 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 33 W 25 L 8]

WK 6 + 150pips. [6 W trades/ 1 L trade 85 % / agg 77 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 40 W 31 L 9]

My agg S/R of 77 % [24.2.13] is very close to that achieved by Claudia 75 %.

I will only enter a trade after the daily high /low has been broken by 5 pips.

Notional starting bank £1,000. 11.1.13.
Bank £1,660. 24.2.13

I will start recording results on a daily basis from Mon 25.2.13
Agg profit so far 660 pips.
I will demo trade this for the rest of 2013.

Unlike Claudia , I will leave my orders open until 11 pm GMT and I will not cancel an order if one has already been triggered in the opposite direction.

By the way I wonder what Claudia is doing now ?

If and when my demo account reaches a fresh £1,000 level I will raise my stake by a £1.

Win or lose I will record all my results on a daily basis - until the end of 2013. :clover:

Last edited:
Not a great start to the week - both my Buy and Sell break outs of cable failed today.Resulting in a max loss of - 60 pips. :eek:

25.2.13 Total since trial began + 600 pips.
Bank £1,600.

- Both my Buy and Sell break outs of cable failed today.Resulting in a max loss of - 60 pips.

26.2.13 Total since trial began + 540 pips.
Bank £1,540.

First winning trade of the week . + 30 pips on buy break out .
[Note I was 1 pip away from getting stopped out].
27.2.13 Total since trial began + 570 pips.
Bank £1,570. :LOL:

Both my Buy and Sell break outs of cable failed today.Resulting in a max loss of - 60 pips

28.2.13 Total since trial began + 510 pips.

Bank £1,510 :mad:

autotrader1 great post.I am going to have a closer read through it ,so that I can fully appreciate what you are saying.I must admit that I lack your level of TA.

+ 30 pips on a Sell B.Out.A good end to a very bad week - 120 pips .

WK 7 - 120pips. [2 W trades/ 6 L trade 25 % / agg 68 % S/R] [Agg number of trades 48W 33 L 15]

AGG Profits + 540.

By the way I wonder what Claudia is doing now ?

I suspect Claudia has gone off to find a more dependable strategy.

Opening Range Breakout strategies are seductive, and I was certainly seduced here long ago, but difficult to make profits consistently. Rules for selecting whether to take the trade or not are vague, rules on when to bet big almost non-existent.

ORB supporters often undermine their own methodologies too by suggesting as an afterthought you can fade the break-out as well as trading it. So you can have your cake and eat it too?

tomorton ,many thanks for your thoughts.This weeks results will strongly suggest you are correct in your comments .I look forward to seeing what next weeks results are.

This thread is goood, being taking Claudia's strategy (which she attributes to the big ben method) and its working nicely this week - it's a bit quiet for my normal so this is a welcome "break"!! :)

peace and pips

Does anyone know the major reversal times of the GU through the day?

For me
GMT 7-10am (London open - tho not reversal), 12-1pm (New York Open) and 3pm (London Close)

Ive read rumours about a wedensday weekly reversal which I've observed esp when weekly ranging / consolidation patterns.

Peace and pips