Best Thread GBP/USD Breakout

Cable so far

Cable so far. Nice clean break from overnight range

Attachments

• Monday.jpg
    Monday.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 759
Did anyone notice how it turned very close to a fib point.
I know I keep on about fibs, but this morning illustrates how well they work specially on this pair.

Did anyone notice how it turned very close to a fib point.
I know I keep on about fibs, but this morning illustrates how well they work specially on this pair.
Gamma could you post a chart of the Fib entry please?

Hi Neil ,
As the last low was destroyed we move on to the next swing high /low
(17031 to 14397 on 22 april)
showing us activity around the 50% fib.

If anyonehas any difficulty understaning that please let me know and will try to expalin further.

On the day trade here is a good price to close as it has not broken upwards of the pivot support.

On the bigger picture let it pull back towards the 50% fib then go long if it has support on the 4houly and daily.

I am done for the day
Good luck all.

Apologies for Duke being part of the screen print I don't know how to take him off.

Attachments

• fib points on daily.jpg
    fib points on daily.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 574
zuqtts.gif

Hi Claudia.

Noticed you stopped by my thread today. Thought I would return the favor. The above chart is how I trade the session breakouts.

Hi Rumply - this thread died now but thanks. All I do is trade cable from 7 am GMT on a breakout and what a week its been !!! Stung them banks for sure.

Claudia, do you take the high/lows of the asian session (eg 1200-0600 UK) or just the high/low of the 6am bar?

As that was quite a large range 0f 84 point sbetween the high low of the asain session.

Thanks

Hi Foredog - i take the high/low of the 1200-0600 GMT but tend to ignore any spikes like on the 5 am bar today. My entry today got filled at 656.4 and hit target in 2 minutes !!

One day I will learn to run profits. Every day this week would have been 70 + gain in first hour. Oh well more learning to do. Hit my target for the week and still not happy.

One day I will learn to run profits. Every day this week would have been 70 + gain in first hour. Oh well more learning to do. Hit my target for the week and still not happy.

It could be a lot worse.........;)

lol yes it could. Think the answer is take profit and walk away from the chart. Don't normally bother me but this week it has. Everyday has been a potential BIG winner. Maybe Rumples is right just take what you can. I 100 points up for week which is target. Need shopping therapy followed by wine bar therapy I thinks !!!

lol yes it could. Think the answer is take profit and walk away from the chart. Don't normally bother me but this week it has. Everyday has been a potential BIG winner. Maybe Rumples is right just take what you can. I 100 points up for week which is target. Need shopping therapy followed by wine bar therapy I thinks !!!

I agree there claudia,

Its best to stick to a daily gain of 20/30 points(on the breakout strategy) and walk away from it, many a time, I have decided to be greedy and seen a nice 30 point, gain turn into a 30 poit loss.

Gamma - yep have a target and stick to it which I do quite well. Maybe trailing stops could be the answer? i dunno i sat here trying to fix a strategy that works lol !!

Claudia,
I think break-outs limit you to being specific, on the amount of points, you can possibly achieve,the overiding condition being that it is a day trade.

I use the 12am 7am high low, its also, well worth noting if the price is trading above or below the daily pivot, this is a good indicator of daily trend.

Agree. My strategy is very similar to yours and the win rate is very high keeping at 20 point target 20 point stop getting around 82% . Playing with a similar thing for the opening of the US but don't work so well.

Yes, I have found that too, So I do not apply it to that market.
I try to make sure I am at the gym by that time so that i am not tempted:)