FX XTL @ online tading academy..

VingTsunKuen

Has anyone took this(FX extended learning track)3 months educational program?
Classes are run by Sam Seiden..
If you did how was it??
Cheers,
VTK

Never took the XLT but I met Sam about 2 weeks ago at a seminar. He is quite good. You can get lots of his material on his website and if you sign up. XLT is very expensive, I think. I heard $6K per month and it's just a webex+audio to his screen for some set amount of hours per week (maybe 2 hrs per day, 4 days per week). Probably good for complete newbies who need major hand-holding.

HTH,
Theo

..I heard $6K per month...

It is 6K for 3 months.It IS very expensive although they give you 3 months of classes.
2 hours per day,4 times a week.
I am not big fan of this "we will teach you how to trade via internet" stuff.
But the fact is that Sam is hot shot.He got respectable CV.
Lately i am trying to trade based on what he is teaching-supply and demand.For now i am around break-even.
The fact is that i am using this method for only two weeks.So it is not so bad to be at break-even at the time.And,yes,it is too early for any judgement of method.I guess that whit more experience i can do much better.
But at the other hand,i have thought that i maybe could join his classroom.
Why?
Although i think that i could improve in performance of this method whit time i guess that i could improve much,much faster under his guidance.
As i am interested to learn this specific method that he is teaching,i think that i could have much faster learning curve that one i would have if i do it on mine own.
So the trick is that content of mine interest and content of what he is teaching in FX XLT classroom are the same.

Yes,there are articles and webinars that he did and i have them all on mine hard drive.
But the fact is that he probably would never give away for free all the stuff that he is teaching in this classroom.

Regards,
VTK

I am in the same boat Ving. In fact I too have been researching his supply-demand methods these past few weeks and have noticed a few things. First, it seems rather subjective his area's of pent-up demand, that he draws and then says, look at that, an objective demand zone. I dont see it every time. I would draw either a tighter range and miss the entry or a real wide one and have a low profit margin. I also tried one of his methods from SFO "the other side of the trade" and it bombed. Instead of a continuation of the trend it was a reversal on the 5 min at least that occured from yesterday's late afternoon news in the US. But Sam is a nice guy, confident, a good writer/speaker and probably a good trader. I know he can hawk the OTA products **really well** ;)

Take it easy...Theo

....an objective demand zone. I dont see it every time. ....and probably a good trader.

Same as me you are studying this stuff for only few weeks;)
I am training a martial art for last two years.Do you think that you could achieve same level of skill as me in same martial art by training it for two months?Hardly,i believe.
So it is about practice and experience.
Regarding Sam,he is fond manager and he also trades for his own.I guess that makes him competent enough to teach.
Regards,
VTK

Hey!

Even if you do not have any experience whit them,your opinion is welcome!
Did you took any other longer-term education programs?Did you have a mentor?Ayn thoughts and opinions regarding this issue are welcome!
VTK

You should sign up to their free weekly newsletter. Go to their website.

I see no reason for paying any money let alone insane amounts for tuition. Admittedly, they do have
Tuition Rebate Partners, i.e. selected brokerages that rebate commission costs.

...I did take their Forex class several months back. I needed that class since I was so new to currencies. It was a good overview and got me to a position where I understood terms and concepts pretty well and got v comfortable with a platform. What was weird is the diversity of attendees. I guess it's a testament to their message that anyone can trade, but I was sitting next to a guy who was so inept computer-wise that I was shocked with his level of questions and thought this guy is going to bomb just due to inexperience with a workstation. I had to move away from him since he kept asking me what the multiple buttons on the mouse did, and where did that pretty screen go...(no joke).

And YES, if you spend $$$ with OTA you get a credit for the same amount with one of their broker/partners. So, in the end the class is reimbursed by your fees/commissions for trades placed after the class. It's a pretty interesting model.

-Theo