FX with spreadbetting??

Cobrien

Hi,

Been about a few months now reading bits and bobs, trying out some platforms and company's (demos). Im trying to find that company/platform I click with.

Am I right trying to use a spreadbetting for FX or is it not wise. If so can any one recommend a few platforms to do few months test Trading?

What are you guys using and how do you feel it compares to other company's i.e the spreads, advanced charting, DMA.

Interested to hear what you guys use and have a feel for.

Thanks

Chris.

SB's a good way towards experience, especially with a small account size at first. Best to seek a reputable large company with base and FSA registration actually in the UK, not carried over from some tin pot island.

The principles are always the same - trade with small tarde size and risk until you're consistently making money, use a stop-loss, trade to your plan, ignore the media, don't over-trade, etc.

What broker would be popular? i have tried IG and City index not to keen on there platforms, i would like a standalone platform compared to a web platform.

Any suggestions?

^^^ Good advice from Tom, just above.

I would have a look at CapitalSpreads and perhaps Oanda, if I were you. Both offer demo accounts, for learning/practice. (Personally, I'd stay well away from "FXCM".)

Is MT4 the platform to use if dealing with forex? Again the same with brokers here some many mix reviews.

I see that t2w forum is sponsored by FXpro, how are these as a broker? Anyone have experience with them? Pro's and con's?

Thanks

Is MT4 the platform to use if dealing with forex?

Opinions will vary (as about brokers).

Mine is that it's a platform to avoid (preferably but not necessarily in favour of NinjaTrader), but many will disagree because MT4 is what they're used to, and it's what nearly all the retail bucketshop brokers/market-makers offer.