FX trading Nov12 - Nov16

Effortless to say the least. No reason to fully encash either on the overnight/early doors activity.

Yesterdays lower rbs zone can be hiked up 50 odd pips to the present axis level into early London trade.

The uptick stays honest above 2.0670 (last hourly swing low), so the (tentative) longs have a good view of proceedings for now.

What did you just say? Very funny:LOL:

'Present axis level'?
'rbs hiked up'
'uptick stays honest'?!:LOL:
'good view of proceedings'?

I just thought it is funny the way you write. All the best.

y<esterday i made 300 pips with e/j (200), GU 40, and NZD/USD 70...ofcourse i close it too soon...but i needed a sleep,...and i slept very good ...:D

Hi FX :)

haha, yeah I'm a strangeling that's for sure. Maybe I ought to scrabble together a mini book of alternative 'terms' & flog it on here with a Cable strat thrown in for good measure? ;)

axis, pivotal, fulcrum...whatever it's called - I guess the scalpers?? will be sniffing around that level if it begins to threaten.

Trade safe!

:LOL: Merv (King) & his BoE buddies sure p***** all over the longs with the Inflation report then!

I guess we'll see how strong this 1st support area really is.

this is a nice place to reenter a long and go to the highs. the noise is out, and ready for another go at 850 :p from 715 :p

well, it wasn't so -20

i am short on GBP/USD

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    26.7 KB · Views: 174
2.0670, that hourly higher low, will require bolstering first don't you think? I'd much rather be short (with the psychological flows) from that prev 1st base s&r area (0770-40).

The long can be legged back into as & when it begins building a higher low step again.

Well, that's my take anyway.

Have to wait for a better price. 635 -40 looks good for a new go for a long. :p

Prices are getting dizzy out there this week. Risk gets the green light one day, risk aversion rears it’s head the next….playing havoc attempting to get a low(er) risk string out this month.

The big (monthly) Fib is definitely trumping your small Fib so far this week kenobi. I guess the shorts still shade the positive risk card rolling into the London close/New York afternoon.

A classic pocket pickers market out there for now. Too messy for my liking .

Attachments

• cabfibs.jpg
    cabfibs.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 164
I am closing GBP/USD trade for +24 pips profit EUR/USD and GBP/USD are not in synch

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    57.4 KB · Views: 160
Yep that was a bad trade I left a lot of money on the table

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    30.7 KB · Views: 180
cable situation.

The screenshot shows situation in cable atm.

Yellow fibs are the retraces of the move from 1162-0418 (todays lows)
orange the move from 0844-0418, and grey the move from todays highs to lows 0618-0418.

That area at 0505 capping cable atm , the area falling inbetween the 38.2 of todays move at 0496 and the 50% of that move, coinciding with 23.6% of that 0844-0418 move at 0519area. 0505 is former bids now offers likely to that 0520 area, and a former swing low, 0522 being a previous swing low on the hrly too. 0521 being the breeched 50% of 9871-1162.

0545/55 area is the underside of the breeched Daily rising support t/line (x3hit and holds)

Some talk in newsfeeds earlier of serious buyers in that 0435-0405 zone housing some more significant fibs, and expectation therefore that rate will keep above. [0419 is Mth S1 pivot, 0406 50% of 9655-1162, 0404 38.2% of 8182-1162.) A break and clear of this support opens up 0315 area.

Remember too that this 0242-0496 was the 4hr/dly congestion that characterised much of October before the break higher, such a congestion likley to act as support, ar at the least being difficult to break through??

G/l all.

Attachments

• cable.gif
    cable.gif
    10.5 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I am closing my trade for - 4 pips loss... market is lateral

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    33.1 KB · Views: 131
This is all my trades for this week 5 wins 1 loss + 66 pips net profit... so far my trend indicator is doing well.... see ya next week have a good weekend all....:cheesy:

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    27.6 KB · Views: 138
Tough week for me so far; not much in the way of good clear signals even though I'm looking for setups across 8 pairs in 2 different timeframes!Managed to miss the only "big score" of the week on USDCAD yesterday morning, so basically breakeven so far

Just took this trade on USDJPY, short on the 61.8 retrace following a type B reversal up around 110.35 area. Not the best signal in that it wasn't a true divergence because the second price peak was lower than the first rather than equal or higher, but the difference was only 0.6 of a pip and I like the overall technical / price action downtrend plus the general carry trade unwind theme. We'll see if bending the rules slightly on this one was a good decision or not...

EDITS
-------
1042 stop to B/E after price breaks start point of retrace around 110.04
1050 exit B/E.... that's been the story of the week so far

Attachments

• ujtrade.gif
    ujtrade.gif
    40 KB · Views: 125
Last edited: