FX trading Nov05 - Nov09

trendie

Legendary member
beginning of new month.
hope you had a good October. mine was decidedly below average; I seemed to lose interest from third week onwards. and thus had the lowest monthly return since I went full-time in May.

keep posting your thoughts and ideas.
are these weekly threads running out of direction, do you think?
wheres zuke, and dc2000?

here's E/Y

An interesting chart.

Attachments

• EURYEN 021107.JPG
    EURYEN 021107.JPG
    290 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Yes, that 164.0 area could well offer a nice play as it no doubt encounters a mish mash of stop activity.

A nice divergence play for the early birds on the smaller frames this morning, leading into the European open off Friday's & Tokyo's opening week lower tops.

Attachments

• 433b26.jpg
    433b26.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 207
I am long on EUR/USD for little scalp...

Attachments

• EURUSD.GIF
    EURUSD.GIF
    29.9 KB · Views: 197
i reverse my position for -9 pips loss IF2...

Attachments

• EURUSD.GIF
    EURUSD.GIF
    26.6 KB · Views: 185
cable

Divergences on all TF now, but has been so for a while. Res at 830 - still good for a few counterttrend spikes. Possibly time to be getting long is now, but I am still hesitant at 797. COuld easily reach out along tail and take out 775-770. Short scalps upto 830.

BBMAC, where are you ?

Cheers
CT.

Only one trade for me today, a nice short on USD/CHF.

Good divergence early on indicating a resumption of the longer-term downtrend.

Waited for a reaction (i.e price action confirmation) then sold on the retracement (1) with a stop a few pips + spread clear of the previous swing high. Nearly stopped out, but price soon moved the right way. Exited half at first major fib extension (2). Moved stop on the other half up to that level when price touched next extension (3), and the second half later stopped out at that level (4).

Attachments

• usdchftrade.gif
    usdchftrade.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 179
closed last trade for +10 pips

Attachments

• EURUSD.GIF
    EURUSD.GIF
    25.5 KB · Views: 157
Make that three trades today! I don't usually like to enter trades after 5pm but couldn't resist these...

Attachments

• jpytrades.gif
    jpytrades.gif
    67.5 KB · Views: 192
GBPJPY 237.60 :arrowu: :?:

Pound Bulls got it covered for now CB! ;)

One or two trigger happy hot shots will have got their ass spanked attempting to front run it today though huh?

239.0 marks the safe haven for it at the mo. Nothing else to do with it really until 237.60 breaks, pulls back & closes underneath. Unless BoJ (Fukui) really spooks it, then it'll sprint without so much as a second glance :LOL:

The break quickly opens up 234.55.

Pound Bulls got it covered for now CB! ;)

239.0 marks the safe haven for it at the mo.

Steady Asian markets & a reversal of y'days nervy risk aversion, affording a gentle compound of this 239.0 level for a quick pop to test this upper range ceiling (239.60) again huh?

Honoring the dominant trend, the 37.60 floor has acted as a decent marker to bounce this thing back up. Keep the favorable risk at your back & you should obtain the (value) reward I guess.

Steady Asian markets & a reversal of y'days nervy risk aversion, affording a gentle compound of this 239.0 level for a quick pop to test this upper range ceiling (239.60) again huh?

Honoring the dominant trend, the 37.60 floor has acted as a decent marker to bounce this thing back up. Keep the favorable risk at your back & you should obtain the (value) reward I guess.

hi ampro, hmm, wouldnt be surprised if it trades through 239.60 for a look at 240.00 and beyond, not got a confirmed roll over for shorts yet.... if it looks confident holding 239.00 & regains 239.40 then i'll be holding might be some fireworks . Lets see what happens.