FX Trading June 25th > 29th

As day traders, do you thinnk the biiger picture really matters?

• One must cover everything from fundamentals to the monthlies to have an idea of the next 15 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
OT, i assume that didnt trigger you short, right?

edit: assuming 9964 was the trigger, yet it was aftere 16:00 ?

You are correct all finished for the day. Made a few pips on the overnight trades but today's breakouts have been non-existant (cable) and disaapointing (EUR/JPY)

Anyway hopefully better tomorrow. I favour the downside for now but as I said before my opinion counts for nothing, I just trade the price.

Good evening everyone. Rubbish weather here. Fortunately, I'm off to sunnier places on Wednesday, although the time difference is going to make setting the orders a little tricky.

right, day over. keeping stop at breakeven. lets see if late in the evening there is a further move north.

will watch from time to time while i play with my kid. have a good day.

j

tightening stop to 166.40.

edit: out of this trade for +40 on 50% and +9 on first 50%. so basically +24.5 pips on original position.

Reason for raising stop: failure to make a new high on current 4hr bar vs previous bar. will reenter at the right price. thinking this could be a larger range.

good evening all

edit 2: this is why i think what i am thinking. probably should have waited till 9PM BST to decide. but well.

Attachments

• a euro failure on highs.gif
    a euro failure on highs.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
The volume has been disapointing today accros the major pairs including cable. At least cable was in agreement with all the other pairs, which makes it less likely to continue the uptrend with the previus conviction. With the 20000 level being well defended and 9950 support holding the next day or too shall be interesting. For me the question is whether the cable will break to the downside from these levels or whether we will see 20030tish levels for a shors while before sizable retracement into the mid 1900. At the moment the trend has lost its momentum, it could be a pose in its move north, or it might be signalling the reversal of a ST & MT*1. Being at the top of this cycle will provide some apportunity, though I am not aiming to cathch the ever elusive top. Before I get into a trade I shall wait for a strong confirmation of the S/R being broken on either side, the confirmation I am waiting for is one of the recognised candle formation on a 4hr time frame in accordance with the daily chart. I know that it is rather a lot to expect, but at present market condition one has to preserve the trading capital and be governed by strategy rather then by subjective opinions, which I find easy to generate.
Happy trading to all!

+ 17.2, tight old day, what stuffed me was not taking that 93 short which would of resulted in a +5 profit instead of -5 loss. So might of ended day +8/9 instead its -1.odd

... my intermediates turned back up on that prod to 88 odd..... :)

Right got my new 8 meg broadband to install now, maybe we get 8 meg performance tomorrow ?

Anyone know what the tightest range for cable in a day say 7 Am - 8 Pm ? this cant be far off......

well, dont know if this is far off,

the really bad news :devilish:

when that happens, typically the asians get the fun :mad:

hmm, possibly, but if they do, I think they will be likely to have a run to the upside. sneaky sods, imagine the cheek of it. :p

right gotta switch off and upgrade, hopefully only takes an hour....

Adios. :p

morning all,

good i took an exit last night from my euryen long. would have been frustrating to wake up and have a BE trade. in hindsight i should have shorted, but honest, shorting euryen really is not good for my emotions unless i get a good daily setup.

have to be out till about 10, so will see what can we catch then.

good trading.

j

short cable looking for P -S1 [1.9977- 1.9950]
or at least a test of yesterdays low

will it break 15m 200ema? or bounce back up?

Short overnight on EUR/JPY and cable, covered EUR/JPY for + 60 and half of cable at +15 running the rest, stop at breakeven. Still fancy a dart lower but will reset breakout trades at 9 a.m.

Took +7 pips from my overnight short and I'm now wishing I'd let it run a bit more.

Well that's me done with trading for the week. Off to Spain today on business - at least it'll be a bit better weather than we've had here the last few days. So much for 'flaming June'. :eek:

there's some good action on that eur/yen

i noticed this morning out of the three, swiss and euro went first, and cable was the last to make a move and it still looks a bit half hearted.

back up above the 15min 200 ema. it's still 'walking the five' as they say so have brought stop close and will let it run.

swiss and euro are off and running and yet cable doesn't know if it wants an ice cream or a lollipop. which makes me think cable doesn't want to go down.

jilly, bring us back some 'sangreeya' . i think it might come in handy :)

Last edited:
Holding Euro/Yen short from 166.35 and trailing with 30M PSAR. Cable is too difficult for me at the moment so Im out until I get a clear signal.

according to the competition, the sentiment on cable seems to be to the upside!

I have trend as down, on 30-mins. (even though there was an overnight wiggle to up)

im back from my chores outside.

i think i will have to sit on my hands all day, which annoys me, but i simply see nothing to trade. not even a scalp. just one of those days. lets see if NY open gives an opportunity at least for a scalp.

good luck all.

Sanity check....

mm, not a pleasant ride, flattened it at 1.9985.3.

looking to go long again though.......

Whats seems to be supporting bulls, I can see is 1.9960, no closes below that.

Thats whats sticking in my mind at the mo.. whilst that holds upside ?

mm, not a pleasant ride, flattened it at 1.9985.3.

looking to go long again though.......

Whats seems to be supporting bulls, I can see is 1.9960, no closes below that.

Thats whats sticking in my mind at the mo.. whilst that holds upside ?

well, looks like a larger triangle to me. and yes, agree with the 9960 bit. turn your charts into lines (closes only), on 4hr charts, you will see that is a "swing low" so to speak.

according to the competition, the sentiment on cable seems to be to the upside!

I have trend as down, on 30-mins. (even though there was an overnight wiggle to up)

out for -25. (breach of recent high, plus a bit)
the MAs are all over the place.