FX Trading April 23 - April 27

Cable will

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
US$, not so much weak as helpless. Looking to me like long practically anything against the dollar is a good bet.

So why is the DOW so high and expected to go higher?. As an investor I would be looking for good returns on my investment but the economy is stagnating and in real terms the return is less each time the dollar dips, so why buy DOW shares I wonder?

Last edited:
The Pearl Fisher said:
How and why was your trade cancelled by a broker? Which broker?

I’ll have to sift through my trades, see if any of my loosing trades got cancelled as well. Thanks for the heads up DC.

are you taking the pi@@ the trade was not a losing trade at the time

Uphios said:
US$, not so much weak as helpless. Looking to me like long practically anything against the dollar is a good bet.

So why is the DOW so high and expected to go higher?. As an investor I would be looking for good returns on my investment but the economy is stagnating and in real terms the return is less each time the dollar dips, so why buy DOW shares I wonder?

I'm still watching the DOW SPX GOLD and OIL as indicators for cable.

Looking at the charts I'm getting the short shakes... I may short it at any time.

Still short on the Euro turned +7 pips into -7 at the mo. But holding on for better things to come. :rolleyes:

anybody fancy surfing a wave down to 9955?

Attachments

• willy short.gif
    willy short.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 138
jacinto said:

Pooh bear. Had my lunch and came back to see Cable off it's 2.0050. Should have shorted.

Can't believe DOW is going past 13000. Might hold out just a little longer before shorting. Euro looks like it might be having a go at BB break out on the 10 min charts.

I think I see Pinocchio's nose which could mean a false break out.
Same on the cable 10m charts. Pinocchios nose is sticking out like a donkey stick :LOL: Bullish sign for both.

I've closed my Euro short for +9 pips.

I'm well confused have to think about these movement.

jacinto said:

looking at the Dow

I think that we will have a down day on Friday
why ,well the dow seems to run on a on a 28 cycle , the 27th seems to be the turning point
27 Feb down turn day
27th March down day

may be a day early
we shall see
cannot post a chart as my poor old computer needs a hart transplant
bit like me
If you put up a 3 month chart daily , daily, you will see what I am thinking about

and I think that will drag cable down with it

hornblower said:
looking at the Dow

why ,well the dow seems to run on a on a 28 cycle , the 27th seems to be the turning point
27 Feb down turn day
27th March down day

may be a day early
we shall see
bit like me
If you put up a 3 month chart daily , daily, you will see what I am thinking about

Thats interesting HB. I am going to have a look at that.

Thanks

hornblower said:
looking at the Dow

27 Feb down turn day
27th March down day

may be a day early
we shall see
bit like me

is 28 days the same as moon cycles? :) :eek:

Attachments

• delta_apr25.GIF
    delta_apr25.GIF
    93.9 KB · Views: 155
thanks HP,

interesting concept. :eek:

guess 9955 will have to wait and see if US news wants to give it a little push.

on a different note, i wonder why is it that when i finally can send my kid to school, there are no clean price action based opps to trade :cry:

the good news is that thats me done. stops at BE. got to go and pick up the kid in 15 mins, and with my luck, there will be a move (hope in the right direction) :LOL:

j

jacinto said:
thanks HP,

interesting concept. :eek:

guess 9955 will have to wait and see if US news wants to give it a little push.

on a different note, i wonder why is it that when i finally can send my kid to school, there are no clean price action based opps to trade :cry:

the good news is that thats me done. stops at BE. got to go and pick up the kid in 15 mins, and with my luck, there will be a move (hope in the right direction) :LOL:

j

Well things haven’t finished yet, JC. We still have barmy hour to come.

The Pearl Fisher said:
Well things haven’t finished yet, JC. We still have barmy hour to come.

barney the purple dino? please no!!! the kid likes to watch that. on second thoughts, not a bad idea. lets see if purple barney and the other barny help cable get sub 2.0

j

jacinto said:
barney the purple dino? please no!!! the kid likes to watch that. on second thoughts, not a bad idea. lets see if purple barney and the other barny help cable get sub 2.0

j

OH the joys of being both a Father and a trader.

scary moves on cable.

I thought it was starting a downtrend, what with that spike down, but it has bounced as high as earlier high, rather than forming a lower-high.
not sure about direction now.

trendie said:
scary moves on cable.

I thought it was starting a downtrend, what with that spike down, but it has bounced as high as earlier high, rather than forming a lower-high.
not sure about direction now.

Up another 130 pips although it has 2 days to complete the move if your looking for confirmation we should see a 30 pip pullback from the 094 region first

dc2000 said:
Up another 130 pips although it has 2 days to complete the move if your looking for confirmation we should see a 30 pip pullback from the 094 region first

So your looking at cable at around 2.0180 - 2.0200 are you, DC? 2 Days time. I can see the logic in that

What was the fill on your buy on Monday?

Last edited:
just got back to find the morning trades had limited out in afternoon session for another 36pts which makes exactly 100 pt day so far!

reinstalled small cable and euro shorts [in the 50's on both]. yen still on track although the afternoon 118.80 high just missed my sell order in the 118.90s otherwise would have had a nice profit. still can't watch the screens all day and so have to guess a bit and set orders.

the tight 40 pt euro range seems constipated. is this central banks intervention that is preventing it from racing away?