fx 53 trend following system

Hi Alan,

as you have brought the system, can you confirm the results on the website?

I have noticed that there were consecutive losses during the first two weeks of september, coincidently the same time as Kevin was on holiday. But on his return the system has made back the loses after 2 weeks. So therefore is there human intervention in the system or is it the volatility of the market?

this system has made 2000% return in 10months - does anyone know of a system that can match that or better it?

also the results posted are End of Day results but you mention using the 1hour and 5mins charts, is this system better suited for EOD or Intra Day?

Thanks

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately, there have been a lot of choppy conditions in most of the currency markets.

The past couple of weeks have been difficult with no clear direction as to where FX53 two main trading pairs ($/Y or £/$) are going. I know that Kevin does well with intra day trading, off the 5 min charts, when market conditions are very choppy on the 1 hour chart.

I concentrate on the 1 hour tf but, fortunately, stayed out of the market, for most of the time, during the last couple of weeks. I incurred a small loss on a long GBP/JPY, yesterday.

Until this US bail-out package is resolved, there will be no direction in most of the markets.

The results posted on the FX53 website aren't EOD. They are Trend to Trend results taken from a 1hr chart of GBPJPY. FX53 is usable on any time frame, you can see that from the website.

So is this an investment?Any1 who bought this,have u made the money back that u'v spent on this system?I'm considering getting it but sum links on their siite ain't working at the moment.Will contact them when i'v decided

Hi Alan,

as you have brought the system, can you confirm the results on the website?

I have noticed that there were consecutive losses during the first two weeks of september, coincidently the same time as Kevin was on holiday. But on his return the system has made back the loses after 2 weeks. So therefore is there human intervention in the system or is it the volatility of the market?

this system has made 2000% return in 10months - does anyone know of a system that can match that or better it?

also the results posted are End of Day results but you mention using the 1hour and 5mins charts, is this system better suited for EOD or Intra Day?

Thanks

Sorry Asif,

I'm a bit late responding to your question, as I don't visit T2W that often.

Obviously, I can't comment on Kevin's previous trades, prior to my purchase of the software but, can, certainly, vouch for those since July.

If you follow the system and don't use your own discretion, this software is brilliant. I made 700 points, yesterday, trading £/Y. Unfortunately, I only made 200 pts. on Monday!!! I'm not saying this to brag but, to illustrate just how good FX53 is. If I'd stayed in the market overnight, I would have had another 600 pts. by 5a.m. but, we all need to sleep sometime!!

I use this trading software every day and have never found anything better.

fx53

Sorry Asif,

I'm a bit late responding to your question, as I don't visit T2W that often.

Obviously, I can't comment on Kevin's previous trades, prior to my purchase of the software but, can, certainly, vouch for those since July.

If you follow the system and don't use your own discretion, this software is brilliant. I made 700 points, yesterday, trading £/Y. Unfortunately, I only made 200 pts. on Monday!!! I'm not saying this to brag but, to illustrate just how good FX53 is. If I'd stayed in the market overnight, I would have had another 600 pts. by 5a.m. but, we all need to sleep sometime!!

I use this trading software every day and have never found anything better.

Hello

At the moment im browsing around on the internet trying to find a system. I have heard people talk about fx53. Would you recomend it. Im fairly new at trading so it has to be easy for newbies to use. Also I would like to ask which compagny you guys trade at.

Hello

At the moment im browsing around on the internet trying to find a system. I have heard people talk about fx53. Would you recomend it. Im fairly new at trading so it has to be easy for newbies to use. Also I would like to ask which compagny you guys trade at.

I would recommend it, without hesitation. It is fairly easy to use but. it takes a little while to become familiar with the signal patterns, given by the arrows.

There's a number of spread betting companies out there, amongst the best are IG Index, Finspreads and Paddy Power. The downside with Paddy is that the min bet is £1 and whole increments (no £1.75, £2.50:(). TwoWaySpreads is a very good company to deal with but, they don't offer clients the facility to place limit orders in the market.

One last piece of helpful advice- avoid CMC Markets. I, personally, had a bad experience with them and know that others have too.

Good luck

Hi folks,

FX53 sure does sound like what I'm looking for. Shame there isn't a trial period but then I guess a trial cannot be given on an 'indicator system' running on a charting package.

I have been burnt in the past with stupid software claiming all sorts of things.
This one sounds genuine and I like the fact it's from a trader.
I too play around with programming various indicators which when tuned work very well when backtesting but in reality they do not perform.

I'd be interested to read further comments about the results gained from people using this system.
I understand that having a buy/sell signal is only a small percentage of having a winning trade/system. Money/Trade management has a big play.

Look forward to reading more on this thread while going through the website and vid/s in greater depth before taking the plunge.

If the system is correctly calling trades esp. in this volatile period, it should no-doubt perform well in calmer times.

I probably learnt more about trading by watching the free video reports on monthly performance which Kevin posts on his FX53 website, than I learnt in 4 years of making steady and huge losses, buying a million books, attending the most expensive courses you can imagine, and buyiing any system that had promise! However I was reluctant to fork out yet again for a "system"! I've done it too often, the last disaster being ruddy ConceptFX.

So I did some thinking, and decided that what I needed was simply to replicate Kevin's system of arrows. To cut a long story short I hit on the idea of using fractals. Subsequently I hit on Bill Williams's book Trading Chaos- Second Edition in which he describes inter alia the Alligator indicator and the use of fractal breakouts.

I have been using both methods, and I have to say I think that at last I have "arrived". This week has been absolutely brilliant trading the Beast (GBPJPY). Well over 1500 pips in 10 days even allowing for the fact that I screwed up a few times (just got too excited trading the 15 min chart). If I hadn't had to sleep, and had not let emotion affect me, I could have doubled the pips, no kidding.

I would strongly recommend FX53 as a system with integrity. Basically it works and can be relied on. Equally, if you have the inclination, do try to replicate it for yourself. There is nothing obscure about the method, even though you will not get Kevin to explain the intricacies of his arrows etc. But I can assure you that if you are tempted to buy, you will almost certainly make up the cost in the first week using it. Even with the success of my own system, I am tempted to buy FX53, if only as a recompense to Kevin for waking me up!

BTW, I have set up a template in MetaTrader 4 which I use, rather than in VTTrader which FX53 uses.

Last edited:
So I did some thinking, and decided that what I needed was simply to replicate Kevin's system of arrows. To cut a long story short I hit on the idea of using fractals. Subsequently I hit on Bill Williams's book Trading Chaos- Second Edition in which he describes inter alia the Alligator indicator and the use of fractal breakouts.

That book seems to have got a bit of a mixed reception on this site.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-resources/16390-trading-chaos-bill-williams.html

I suppose the sensible thing to do is buy it and make up my own mind!

:smart:

I have been using both methods, and I have to say I think that at last I have "arrived". This week has been absolutely brilliant trading the Beast (GBPJPY). Well over 1500 pips in 10 days even allowing for the fact that I screwed up a few times (just got too excited trading the 15 min chart). If I hadn't had to sleep, and had not let emotion affect me, I could have doubled the pips, no kidding.

QUOTE]

Sandy, both methods? Que? What have I missed? :confused:

QUOTE]

Sandy, both methods? Que? What have I missed? :confused:

Not difficult really. You can trade breakouts using the fractals, or trends using the Alligator. In fact you end up trading breakouts into trends. What more could anyone ask for? As for the book, it has some pearls of wisdom. I have learned not to listen to people on this site, as many are pretty inept or embittered, or think they are so clever. I judge for myself. Get the book. Ignore the psychology part (around half of it).

If you have MT4 just open the GBPJPY chart, put in the fractal indicator (it's in the custom indicators bit of the navigator), and add the standard Alligator indicator. Bill Williams suggests you can add the Awesome indicator as well, but I prefer things to be as simple as possible.

Now don't ask me what to do with the setup, just look at it, and if all else fails get the book. I worked it all out for myself, with the help of the book, and that is the only way. I also spent a great deal of time just watching the 15 min chart. Trading that and the 5 min seem best, for me at any rate.

But again, I do recommend FX53. It obviously delivers sure results, without agony. FX 53 went short GBPJPY on the daily chart at 174.13 3 days ago and today the GBPJPY bottomed (at least so far!) at 139.00. That's 4500 pips in 3 days isn't it?

make the most of it guys. when these trends come to a bottom there will be a very long period of consolidation which will end up hurting your profits

make the most of it guys. when these trends come to a bottom there will be a very long period of consolidation which will end up hurting your profits

Forker. Would you mind telling us why you have made the above comment?

I get the feeling that you've either been badly burnt on a long trade, or, that you're not a trader at all.

Profitable trading, for most people, is about going with the trend and staying with it. Once the trend has finished, take your £ and wait for another one. It's a bit like London buses; wait ages for one and then 2 or 3 come along together.

From a personal point of view, I have seen FX53 producing good profits in periods of consolidation as well as in strong trends. Insofar as the GBP/JPY is concerned, the normal daily range, until recently, was approx 180pts. FX53 makes money in this range but, of course, it is really flying in the current economic climate(y)

FX53 - further questions

(or was it 83, sorry!)

This sounds interesting to me. I've been a convinced "trend-follower" for some time, but I could never afford (or thought I could never afford) some of the systems that the pro trend followers seem to talk about. Maybe this one is more affordable?

Do you need a separate data-feed for it? (Sorry, I have not tried googling and looking for myself yet... I will do asap, but if anyone cares to reply before, many thanks in anticipation.

JPY/GPB is on fire ... but if the Yen is strong and several other majors seem weak, several other currency markets should also be lively, no?

A more general question: Is it possible to trade, e.g. the dollar index, or the sterling index directly with SB firms, e.g. IGindex? I could not easily find it, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Seems like it could be slightly more predictable than currency pairs (of course I could be wrong).

Sorry, I have been deliberately out of the market for several months (and in the meantime, it has grown a lot more volatile ... not sure if this is the right time to be re-entering, but I'm feeling "hungry".

With thanks,
M.

(or was it 83, sorry!)

This sounds interesting to me. I've been a convinced "trend-follower" for some time, but I could never afford (or thought I could never afford) some of the systems that the pro trend followers seem to talk about. Maybe this one is more affordable?

Do you need a separate data-feed for it? (Sorry, I have not tried googling and looking for myself yet... I will do asap, but if anyone cares to reply before, many thanks in anticipation.

JPY/GPB is on fire ... but if the Yen is strong and several other majors seem weak, several other currency markets should also be lively, no?

A more general question: Is it possible to trade, e.g. the dollar index, or the sterling index directly with SB firms, e.g. IGindex? I could not easily find it, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. Seems like it could be slightly more predictable than currency pairs (of course I could be wrong).

Sorry, I have been deliberately out of the market for several months (and in the meantime, it has grown a lot more volatile ... not sure if this is the right time to be re-entering, but I'm feeling "hungry".

With thanks,
M.

The reason why I trade GBP/JPY is because of it's volatility. There are frequent, huge swings in the same trading day. If I recall correctly, about a week ago, there were moves both up and down that totalled 3,000 pts in one day!! I'm only counting moves of 400+ pts. in this.

This currency pair is nicknamed "The Beast" for very good reasons.