FX-2008: w/c Feb-25th

trendie

Legendary member
last week of the month.
how has this month been for you?
nice neat moves for GBPUSd, except a choppy Wednesday, and the normal choppy-ish Friday, all on 5-mins.

Have started to move up to 30-mins on another account more seriously.

5-mins is pocket-money, and 30-mins seems to capture the moods of the week, and more stately moves. actually, its the scalping on the 5-mins that takes the pressure off the 30-mins, and the worrying that goes with it.

do you guys trade just one time-frame, or multiple ones for account-smoothing?

Account up 3% on the month (in two weeks in fact). If would have been up 6% if a certain ShadowNumbNuts had had the balls to pull the trigger... twice. (Risking 1% per trade.)

T/F-wise, H4 then H1. If things look promising, then H30 to check, then H5 for best price. Usually watching H1, though.

we have a W pattern which has formed in the month of Feburary in gbp/usd on a hour chart. I am sure I read something about W patterns, but cannot remember if they are bullish or bearish. We are at the top of the W now. Does anyone have any knowledge of W patterns.

thanks,

breadman

last week of the month.
how has this month been for you?
nice neat moves for GBPUSd, except a choppy Wednesday, and the normal choppy-ish Friday, all on 5-mins.

Have started to move up to 30-mins on another account more seriously.

5-mins is pocket-money, and 30-mins seems to capture the moods of the week, and more stately moves. actually, its the scalping on the 5-mins that takes the pressure off the 30-mins, and the worrying that goes with it.

do you guys trade just one time-frame, or multiple ones for account-smoothing?

Hi Trendie,

It's been a 'fall apart' February for me - took a good look at things over the w/e and the overiding factor was lack of discipline, stemming from a build up of lack of confidence. I've addressed this now and thankfully this week so far has repaired a significant junk of the damage....looking forward to a new month now.

Still trading just GBP/USD and use 5, 15 and sometimes 60min TFs for entries, within a simple fib method.

does anyone trade 1-min charts? :cheesy:

it must just be the trendiness of recent moves, but I can see trade set-ups for about 20 pips worth every now and then, for 1:1 r/r.

hope you all had a good week and month.
have a good weekend, and dont forget Mothers Day this Sunday.

does anyone trade 1-min charts? :cheesy:

it must just be the trendiness of recent moves, but I can see trade set-ups for about 20 pips worth every now and then, for 1:1 r/r.

hope you all had a good week and month.
have a good weekend, and dont forget Mothers Day this Sunday.

Yes there's a few of us doing the 1 mins trendie and there are plenty of opportunitys there as you said on indies and fx....just have to train the finger to be fast enough!