FuturesandForex Clutter Free Trading

futuresforex

Many traders clutter up their charts with many different technical indicators such as macd, moving averages, bollinger bands, RSI, etc. Some people believe that the more they put on their charts the better.

Some traders charts look like this:

cluttered-chart.gif

But seldom do they realize that typically the more indicators they put the harder it is to make money from the markets.

The more indicators you put, the more layers you are putting between yourself and the pips that you want in the end.

Therefore in this thread I will be posting some charts that have a minimal use of technical indicators.

They will use just simple techniques and patterns for finding great trades. I hope you enjoy it and can find success.

This is a daily chart of AUD/USD. The market has formed a triangle pattern and is about to breakout to the upside.

2.27.11audusd.gif

AUD/USD is retesting key support level in the form of a retest of the trendline and pivot area at 1.0156

3.01.11audusd.gif

Update on the usd/chf situation. The triangle made a false breakout to the upside and ran into the 0.9317 resistance level. Since the market made a false breakout to the upside, I would expect the real breakout to be the downside.

3.01.11usdchf.gif

EUR/AUD has broken above a key trend line resistance point. The market may decide to push higher over the coming days.

3.03.11euraud.gif

This is all nice, but useless. Show us a trade live. All you are showing us is how price moved after the fact and nothing about how to trade it. I can post charts like that all day.

Also, your profile suggests you may need a vendor badge.

Peter

Well, No, I am not showing the move after the fact. I am posting the chart live and the trade live. Now with 3,000 posts under your belt you should know that the trend line can act as resistance until it is broken. The chart pattern is only valid after the trend line is broken and that is when I posted the chart.

There are different entry strategies and exit strategies. I will post some more possible entry and exit strategies in future posts.

Everyone can play it differently. Some people like to use buy stops above the trend line. Other like to wait for a pullback to a key support level. Others like to go down to a smaller time frame and look for technical indicator bullish divergence to help them time the trade.

EUR/JPY is forming a bullish head and shoulders pattern. If resistance at 115.60 can get broken then the upside target would be 120.00. There is support at 114.00 that the market may want to pullback to first.

3.07.11eurjpy.gif

USD/CHF is forming a bearish pattern. The market has formed resistance at a key level with the 0.9250 pivot area and the 38 fib resistance. I would expect a drop to the 0.9100 level as the first target.

3.30.11usdchf.gif

USD/CHF decided to bounce off the 0.9125 level instead of reaching 0.9100. Since the market is forming a bottoming tail now, it is best to get out at breakeven before the market moves higher towards 0.9250 or the 0.9300 area.

3.31.11usdchf.gif

The Eur/Usd is setting up for a breakout higher. The market was consolidating between 1.4240 and 1.4050. But now with the bullish engulfing pattern the market's momentum has shifted to the upside. Price targets are 1.4300 and 1.4500

4.04.11eurusd.gif