Futures Broker Recs

ChiPitBull06

Futures Broker Recs

I've been a trader for the past few years (since college graduation in '05) and I'm currently in a crossroads in my career. I started off in day-trading equities and have moved over to futures in the past 2 years. I've been successful, given the how the markets have operated but I feel like I should get a better idea of what's out there as far as futures brokers and see if I can find a better rate and quality firm. I've been overwhelmed trying to read posts myself and figured I'd just post my own question to get the answers I need. I'd be interested to hear any recs of brokers and/or any good/bad experiences traders have dealt with. I've had my short run-ins with shady firms and just want to eliminate the BS.

Thanks for the help

Hi ChiPitBull06,
It's good to have a lady on board as T2W is overrun with us chaps. However, your OP surprises me somewhat as you're sporting a vendor's badge which, according to your profile, indicates you're a broker yourself! So, besides your own company, why don't you answer your own question and tell us who's good and who's bad?
;)
Tim.

That was just a mistake when first setting up my profile. If you will notice, nothing else is filled out on my profile so I must have accidentally arrowed down when tabbing through the initial set up. Obviously, I'm not THAT dumb as to put myself on a public forum asking about brokers and then also put on my profile I was one, if I were a BD. I have updated my profile so thank you for bringing that mistake to my attention. I'm just looking for a few referrals or at least some guidelines to check out.

Thanks.

Hi ChiPitBull06,
You'd be surprised just how dim some people can be around here! However, I accept your explanation and tender my apologies . . .
With regard to your question, have you done a search and read the numerous threads on this topic? It's been so flogged to death that there's nothing really new to add. Here's a couple of recent ones:
What's the best futures broker to use?
Would you say $6 RT is a good rate?
In the meantime, have a gander at this FAQ: Can You Recommend a Data Feed, Charting Software & Broker?
Enjoy.
Tim.